What's new

Anti-Drone Peshawar Dharna by PTI | Dharti Hamari, Marzi Hamari (Our land, our choice) .

BYUwHqKCMAAIt6s.png:large

:sarcastic:

Yar i had my Emergency Duty in Hospital and that's why i couldn't attend it....However my Cousins and many Friends attended it and according to them Spirit was very High there...

good to hear that !

BYUwHqKCMAAIt6s.png:large

:sarcastic:

good to hear that !
not long enough these stupid assumptions, & foolish utopia of PTIans going to fall down, when there will be a rain comming out of skies by the drones, watch it?
then what whole PTI & imran gona join TTp?lolzzz

KPK lawmakers submit memorandum against drone strikes in US consulate

202379_42694372.jpg

A group of lawmakers from the Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) assembly have submiited a memorandum in US consulate in Peshawar against drone strikes.

The lawmakers arrived in front of the US consulate in Peshawar on Monday.

KPK Minister for Finance Sirajul Haq led the group of parliamentarians, while Chief Minister Pervaiz Khattak could not accompany the protesters.

The parliamentarians walked all the way to the consulate to submit the four-page memorandum.

The KPK coalition partners plan to do the same in Islamabad. Advisor to CM Shiraz Paracha had said that the provincial government will go all out to lodge a peaceful protest on international and national levels.

Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and its allied parties also resumed sit-ins in five districts of KPK to block NATO supply.

Meanwhile, KPK police registered cases against 35 activists of PTI for thrashing containers’ drivers heading to Afghanistan during their Sunday protests. Report said that the cases have been registered under Sections 141, 148, 149 and 341 PPC on orders of IG KPK at the Pishta Khara Police Station. Police parties are conducting raids to arrest the culprits.

On Sunday morning, the PTI workers blocked NATO containers in five districts including Peshawar’s Ring Road, Khairabad, , Dera Ismail Khan, Bannu and Charsadda interchange.

Close to 100 protesters on the outskirts of Peshawar, the capital of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, checked the documents of truck drivers headed toward Afghanistan as they passed through a toll booth. They shouted at the drivers, and pulled one man, Gul Zaman, out of his truck when he told them that he was carrying commercial goods to Afghanistan, not NATO supplies.

"Without waiting for me to take my documents out of the glove compartment, they dragged me out," Zaman said. "We are also concerned about drone attacks, but they shouldn t come down heavy on us like this."

Police were present at the scene but did not intervene to stop the protesters, some of whom were carrying wooden batons.

Khan, whose Tehreek-e-Insaf party controls the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa provincial government, has been a vocal critic of drone attacks. He and other officials say the strikes are a violation of the country s sovereignty, although the federal government is known to have secretly supported some of the attacks in the past.

Khan led thousands of supporters in a protest near Peshawar on Saturday in which they blocked a road that led to one of two border crossings used by trucks carrying NATO supplies in and out of Afghanistan. The other crossing is in southwest Baluchistan province. The demonstration had more symbolic value than practical impact because there is normally very little NATO supply traffic on the weekend.

Dunya News: Pakistan:-KPK lawmakers submit memorandum against drone stri...

Actually whether he does it forever or not the point is he is doing it. Blocking NATO supply on drone issue. Somebody no matter how small ( and this is not small) is taking a stand and saying enough. This is great step and if he can stand over there for a while and block them then it will send a clear message to america that there is atleast someone in Pakistan who is willing to fight for its people and it will send a clear message to the govt that if a provincial govt and party can do this then why is the federal govt keeping quite and only issuing empty statements which is very similar to what PPP used to do.

So kudos for actually doing something. Go imran khan and @Leader tell me how long are you planning for blocking it. Even a week sends a fine message but what is the plan?

Actually whether he does it forever or not the point is he is doing it. Blocking NATO supply on drone issue. Somebody no matter how small ( and this is not small) is taking a stand and saying enough. This is great step and if he can stand over there for a while and block them then it will send a clear message to america that there is atleast someone in Pakistan who is willing to fight for its people and it will send a clear message to the govt that if a provincial govt and party can do this then why is the federal govt keeping quite and only issuing empty statements which is very similar to what PPP used to do.

So kudos for actually doing something. Go imran khan and @Leader tell me how long are you planning for blocking it. Even a week sends a fine message but what is the plan?

so far the plan is indefinite or untill they stop drone strike inside pakistan.

Good very good. Excellent.. Somebody has the stones to stand up and stop the NATO supply for violating our sovereignty and sends a clear shouting message that is a provincial gov and party can do it then why not federal who has all the power in the world. Are relations with NATO and america more important then our sovereignty and lives of our people?

imran khan logic

دھرتی ہماری
مرضی عرب ازبک چیچن افغان قبائلی دہشت گردوں کی

Back
Top Bottom