What's new

Anti Ballistic Missile Ashwin testfired successfully

the insult was meant in a wider stereotypical sense to reduce the butthurt from the news.
the purest of pure Muslims (wrongly termed as wahabis by haters) term it Taqiyaah trick .. which you pulled on me.
you eating steak to be more acceptable? my halal sense can see through the brown farangi's trickery

I yield, I'm no match for your word play Irfan Saab. :enjoy:

First of all your writing style is pathetic not based on facts but allegations. It clearly shows that you are butt hurt by the INDIAN Success.
The tank's Armour (Kanchan ) it's barrel fume extractor ,IF sensors ERA, all are completely indigenous.
But wait let me inform you that indigenous does not mean stamping other country products (read China ) as yours ( AL Khalid and JF -17 ) :cheesy:

Kid, i am tired of shutting your guys up on Arjun, T-90 and ammo stuff. Go to Arjun thread to learn a thing or two about MBTs and armour, its deficiencies and what not.

You just tested it for the first time and declared it a success? How convenient, anymore revelations about the super duper interceptor missile? Last i read your Akash was rejected by your forces. How many tests are required to declare a system ready for induction? You must celebrate your success, it is your right, but after each test, stop inducing the same false stinky rhetoric that you and some of your fellow countrymen are known for.

You just tested it for the first time and declared it a success? How convenient, anymore revelations about the super duper interceptor missile? Last i read your Akash was rejected by your forces. How many tests are required to declare a system ready for induction? You must celebrate your success, it is your right, but after each test, stop inducing the same false stinky rhetoric that you and some of your fellow countrymen are known for.

Lol, please know what you're even talking about fitst.

one down.

now let me see if I can find a missile proof pigeon

sorry dear it was in Bad taste.

(the reference/ joke was a sectarian argument. a practice by shia which is ridiculed by puritans)

Dear sir,

There is an old saying in India - "Alp Buddhi Bhayankari", which in essence means, gaps in Knowledge, is counter productive. Please read the following and update your idea of the "You just tested it for the first time and declared it a success?", such ignorance by a member of you imminence just makes your rhetoric looks foolish.

Advanced Air Defence (AAD)/Ashwin Ballistic Missile Interceptor

Advanced Air Defence (AAD) is an anti-ballistic missile designed to intercept incoming ballistic missiles in the endo-atmosphere at an altitude of 30 km (19 mi). AAD is a single-stage, solid-fuelled missile. Guidance is similar to that of PAD: it has an inertial navigation system, midcourse updates from ground based radar and active radar homing in the terminal phase. It is 7.5 m (25 ft) tall, weighs around 1.2 t (1.2 long tons; 1.3 short tons) and a diameter of less than 0.5 m (1 ft 8 in)

Trials conducted:
1> November 27, 2006, Wheeler Island
2>December 6, 2007, Wheeler Island
3>March 6, 2009 ,Wheeler Island
4>March 14, 2010, postponed to next day due to Technical glitch in telemetry
5>March 15, 2010 Test Aborted after Target missile malfunctioned.
6> July 26, 2010, Last Trial test, Wheeler Island
7> March 6, 2011, Production unit test.
8>April 07,2015, InterceptorTest failure
9> May 15 2016, AAD renamed Ashwin, test, Kalam island (Previously Wheeler Island)

Now to address your question about how many tests are needed for induction:
It depends on the system, a simple system like small arms ammunition can take about one test, QC certificate from the supplier and First article inspection for Induction, to a missile system, going through prescribed trajectory and testing protocol for validation of all flight mode parameters to an aircraft which would need DGQCA certification, hot weather trials, cold weather trials, High altitude trials and desert condition trials. If anything Indian testing protocols are stringent enough that even local projects cannot bypass the conditions and the test results are actually published and there is public accountability for these projects. So it depends on the system and type of validation needed for induction before any test regimen is designed.

To quickly address your akash system query;
Indian Air Force : 8 Akash squadrons + 7 on order (each squadron has 125 missiles ~ 1875 missiles total)
Indian Army : 2 Regiments = 12 squadrons (each squadron has 165 missiles - 2000 Missiles Total)

In June 2010, the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC) placed an order of the Akash missile system, valued at ₹12,500 crore ($2.8 billion). Bharat Dynamics (BDL) will be the system integrator and nodal production agency for the Akash Army variant

In March 2011, a report indicates that the Indian Army has ordered 2 Akash regiments — approximately 2,000 missiles — worth ₹14,000 crore ($3.1 billion).

On 5 May 2015 Akash Missile was inducted into the Indian Army.

On 11 April to 13 April 2015, Indian Army successfully conducted six rounds of user trials of the missile. The tests were conducted from complex 3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipuri in Odisha. The missiles targeted pilot less target aircraft (PTA) Lakshya, unmanned air vehicle (UAV) 'Banshee' and a para barrel target, two times each

The Indian Air Force has deployed Akash at its bases in Gwalior, Hashimara, Tejpur, Jorhat and Pune

The Indian Army has deployed one Akash Regiment in June-July 2015 with the second one to be ready by end of 2016

Hope that helps
cheers

First of all don't judge my knowledge when you can't yourself digest the facts sir
1)Akash was conceptualized for the air force and the land forces don't prefer it's low missile per launcher ratio .the Akash system has primarily been designed as an air defence SAM, it also has been tested in a missile defense role. The system provides air defence missile coverage for an area of 2,000 km². The Indian military's combined orders of the Akash, including radar systems (WLR and Surveillance), have a total worth of ₹ 23,300 crore (US$4 billion).
And now they have got the better option BARAK 8 so why don't invest in a better system .
2) As for AAD testing following dates are-
A)On 6 December 2007, AAD successfully intercepted a modified Prithvi-II missile acting as an incoming ballistic missile enemy target. The endo-atmospheric interception was carried out at an altitude of 15 km (9.3 mi)
B)On 26 July 2010, AAD was successfully test-fired from the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Wheeler Island off the Odisha's east coast..
C) On 6 March 2011, India launched its indigenously developed interceptor missile from the Odisha coast. India successfully test-fired its interceptor missile which destroyed a 'hostile' target ballistic missile, a modified Prithvi, at an altitude of 16 km over the Bay of Bengal. the interceptor, Advanced Air Defence (AAD) missile D)On 10 February 2012, AAD was again successfully test-fired from Wheeler Island off the state coast near Dhamra in Bhadrak district, about 170 km from Bhubaneswar.
E)On 23 November 2012, India again successfully testfired its home-made supersonic Advanced Air Defence (AAD) interceptor missile from a defence base off the coast of the eastern state of Odisha. "The test-firing was part of India's efforts to create a missile defence shield against incoming enemy missiles. The AAD interceptor missile, which was fired from the Wheeler Island off the Odishan coast, successfully destroyed mid-air an incoming ballistic missile launched from the Integrated Test Range in Chandipur, about 70 km from the Wheeler Island.
F)On 6 April 2015 an improved AAD was tested. The missile was launched from a canister for the first time and the composite rocket motor fired successfully. The missile had improvements over the previous version in terms of bigger warhead, improved maneuverability and reduced mis-distance. As the missile was in the air one of the sub systems malfunctioned making it veer away from the flight path resulting in the failure of the mission. Another test is supposed to take place within 30–45 days after detecting and resolving the problem
G)On 22 November 2015 an upgraded version of AAD ( Advanced Air Defence) was successfully tested. The anti-ballistic missile took off at 9.40 a.m. from the A.P.J. Abdul Kalam (Wheeler) Island soon after it received the command to waylay and destroy an incoming electronically simulated target missile.Conditions similar to the launch of a target missile from Balasore were simulated electronically and upon receiving its coordinates, the interceptor missile, travelling at supersonic speed, engaged and destroyed the "virtual target" in mid-flight.
F)On 15th May 2016, AAD intercepted and destroyed a Prithvi ballistic missile fired from a ship.
Sir, you clearly are frustrated by the failure of your country and your arguments . So just take some time and digest the facts .Hope you do get well soon .
And it's a forum so pls state facts

Hmm, what about this?
http://m.timesofindia.com/india/Eno...for-Israeli-missiles/articleshow/51608406.cms

Weather we are planning for ship bases bmds,like indian aegis ?

Let me explain this to you with an example.
A, wants coffee
B, comes in & hands him tea
A complaints that he doesn't want tea
B, declares that A thinks that the 'Tea is shit'

Same thing happened above. Akash was never made for the Army, it was made for the Air force & the Air force only.

So who offered it to the army in the first place? So did IN, Or did army and navy found interest in akash? Any details would be appreciated.

Dude, the army inducted Akash literally a year before, and it makes sense for them to want a more compact system as well. The AF also had such a system before Akash was inducted into their ranks, where was the stupid titling then? Where does it also mention that the army is working with DRDO on a QRSAM? It doesn't because these writers dont have enough info on this subject.

Please stop talking with half information. You came into this thread thinking AAD just had its maidan test.:lol:

So who offered it to the army in the first place? So did IN, Or did army and navy found interest in akash? Any details would be appreciated.

Lmao, was Akash even offered to the Navy? Does it even have VLS? What are you even talking about?

Akash is inducted both in the IAF and IA. And it's not the only SAM system going to be inducted.

But it is one of the first SAM systems to be inducted in some time.

Last edited:
Here we go, more outlandish and idiotic claims by fanboys!!
Your factories can't even make 40% of t-90 and u r claiming its 90% indigenous?? Do you even know which parts are made in India and what comes from Russia??
Oh, you know more than us; great
SAM project for navy was Trishul missile project under IGMDP which failed & terminated.
Army wants QRSAM not SRSAM which is Akash.

Akash is a MRSAM (Range 30Km ), Army has a requirement of QRSAM's (SPYDER SR 15KM, Maitri- 15KM,etc.) that Akash doesn't fulfill. Just like Akash doesn't fulfill the requirement of LRSAM, AAD, VSHORAD, Strategic SAM, it doesn't fulfill the requirements of a QRSAM. Once Astra I and Astra II complete all trials and are deployed, we are hopeful there will be a QRSAM variant based on it which will be able to serve the forces. Let me know if you need further clarifications.

Albiet all of this being completely off topic. Hopefully at the topic at hand you realize that this was the 7th fullscale test of the Ashwin interceptor, rather than the first as you indicated.

This thread is so hilarious and so satisfying.:P Crossposting from a different forum. Everything you need is given here.

@Dazzler @Irfan Baloch

lQxyNJ6.png

MOrKxLX.png

pmRyzd0.png

0AedJ1C.png

WU6EWaD.png

iwCTsEe.png

u9P7FBE.png

Back
Top Bottom