What's new

ANSF | Afghan National Security Forces

Nice pictures , specially the commandos look sharp , but are they effective ?

On an honest note , World's hasn't seen more effective guerrilla fighting force than the afghan talibans , like it or not.

But I think Viet Cong were much better.

You are not wrong there Black Bird , viets were great fighters. Its hard to make a comparison but Afghans can be given credit for being highly effective against soviets even when they were only armed with light weapons and had almost no consistent supply mechanism .

You are not wrong there Black Bird , viets were great fighters. Its hard to make a comparison but Afghans can be given credit for being highly effective against soviets even when they were only armed with light weapons and had almost no consistent supply mechanism .

Well I do agree with you.Well there's no doubt that Mujaheddin used mainly weapon's like AK's,RPG's & Stinger's against Soviet Forces.Whereas Viet Congs & NVA were armed with SA 2's,SA 3's & MiG 21's.

These Afghan Commandos never with stand any of the Taliban attacks..... They just have american brand new guns and gadgets nothings else Taliban do more damage to US and Afghan forces with there old Aks and RPGs......

Well I do agree with you.Well there's no doubt that Mujaheddin used mainly weapon's like AK's,RPG's & Stinger's against Soviet Forces.Whereas Viet Congs & NVA were armed with SA 2's,SA 3's & MiG 21's.

Stingers came in late when Soviets changed tactics to more spc ops focused operations - nearly 400 air crafts many of them choppers where shot down by Mujahideen.

Was blown away by this pic:

x610lr.jpg

A Sikh soldier of the Afghan National Army attends a tribute ceremony under the snow at Kabul Airport on January 22, 2012, for the four French soldiers killed by a man wearing an Afghan uniform at Gwam base, in eastern Afghanistan.

Afghanistan airdrops surpass record levels in 2011

In 2011, mobility U.S. Airmen delivering airdrops reached a new annual record with 75,956,235 pounds of cargo delivered. That's nearly 16 million more pounds delivered than the previous record set in 2010 of 60,400,000.

Russia to complete delivery of 21 MI-17 to Afghanistan by July

Russia will fulfill a contract to deliver 21 helicopters to Afghanistan in the first half of the year, the Federal Military-Technical Cooperation Service said on Wednesday.

You miss a few things. Afghanistan is 40 to 50 percent pushtun and the ANA is 95% non-pushtun. Attrition rate of new recruits is is more than 50% as well as widespread defection of existing troops. Drug use and high level corrupution is endemic.

I think you are mixing up the Afghan police with the army.

The army had teh highest attrition rates of 35% in around the 2004-2006 period. Currently its more towards the 24-25% mark. Still high but not 50%.

Ethnic composition also according to 2007 figures keeps Pashtuns aroun 40-45% of the ANA. Still under-represented as their population is around the 45-50% mark but not 5% as you indicated. Hazaras and Uzbeks are actually more under-represented than Pashtuns. While Tajiks are over-represented. They form 40-45% of the army as compared to 35% of their population.

Brother, they are not highly trained soldiers compare to the neighbouring countries. they dont even get paid properly, sometimes their wages dont come to their pockets in 6 months. they are new, but hopefully they get better within time. they cant get the situation in their hand

dont be so modest, okey these men might not be very impressive in parade ground but I have no doubt about their commitment and dedication towards serving their country.
An outsider is always apprehensive about them and gives more weight to the negative stories more like desertion, stealing or lack of discipline and corruption etc. but let me also Share what the British soldiers have to say about them.

One of their commander says that he personally saw these Afghan men very committed and highly motivated. They were always on the front whenever engaging enemy and they would even shout and dare the Taliban during fighting in the urban areas and would taunt and call each other to set time and place to settle the score. He further said that they would suss out a suicide bomber from few hundred yards and take the shot in a busy place which no other British soldier would dare and the dead body later confirmed to be of a failed bomber.
We can joke about their ill-fitting gear and clumsy footsteps but we cant fault their will to fight.

I wish all my Afghan brothers peace and stability. I know the leadership doesn’t like us but I have yet to come across a single Afghan who hasn’t been friendly and brotherly to me. No nation in the world has the patience and stamina to suffer for that long and that much.

I pray to Allah to stop testing the resolve of this nation and Bless it with peace and prosperity.

And yes I agree with the rest of your post. outsiders have no clue how the things work in Afghanistan. how these poor chaps have to make a living and support their families while trying to survive this war with no end.

Afghan National Army Commondos

a8b2512a.jpg

97abaef2.jpg

53c6bd75.jpg

a6bcbc44.jpg

Commandos from 3rd Company, 6th Kandak set out communication and other equipment for a modular demonstration Sept. 8 at the National Military Academy of Afghanistan, Kabul. The demonstration provided Commandos an opportunity to showcase their equipment and knowledge to various Afghan, U.S. and coalition personnel.

Afghan National Army Commondos

ab68b570.jpg

477b2dfa.jpg

0a2dc613.jpg

14cdbfb0.jpg

58671616.jpg

99c60f28.jpg

d3b7848b.jpg

Afghan Commandos, from 3rd Company 6th Command Kandak, during close quarter battle training at Camp Morehead, Afghanistan Jan. 1, 2011.

Back
Top Bottom