What's new

Anniversary of Babri Mosque Demolition Today

Do not come with wiki false information.

Besides the myth about any ram temple has already been debunked by archaeologists. The Indians should accept the fact that deep down they hate Islam and Muslims and just putting the word Secular can not wash away their hate for Muslims.

Firstly you always state TOI is crap news has no authenticity , but I see you dont have any problem with TOI on this article.

Secondly - We Indians are all equal , We are secular, it does not mean we will bend over and allow anything on the name of minority appeasement.

You hate everyone who is not Islamic or dont agree to your point of view :cheers:

Bah who cares about a mosque or a temple? These are irrelevant to anyone with a brain. The only thing that matters is justice for those who died in the riots that followed afterward.

The Indian hindus might not care for that but those Muslims who's relatives were killed by RSS fanatics. Thats why it is important

Firstly you always state TOI is crap news has no authenticity , but I see you dont have any problem with TOI on this article.

Secondly - We Indians are all equal , We are secular, it does not mean we will bend over and allow anything on the name of minority appeasement.

You hate everyone who is not Islamic or dont agree to your point of view :cheers:

Read the ToI has only given the chronology so there is no bias in it.

Indeed when your orange hindu media comes up with own commentary which is not only biased but sheer propaganda then one has to object.

Above all if you can not fulfill the requirement of being a secular state then do not boast about it.

Jana i say this as politely as i can. What happened in 1992 is not really your concern.

The only things we Indians need to care about is how to bring those lunatics responsible for killing thousands following the riots to justice.

I think i speak for a lot of the younger generation when i say that i don't care about a mosque or a temple. My taxpayers money should be spent on projects meant for developing the nation and not on something which is in effect an "opiate for the masses".

Indeed when your orange hindu media comes up with own commentary which is not only biased but sheer propaganda then one has to object.

Above all if you can not fulfill the requirement of being a secular state then do not boast about it.

Orange Media better than your Green Journalism any day

The chronology you quoted was only from the middle, If you have no understanding of the issue then pls. dont comment and show your ignorance and hatred of India and hindus. :cheers:

The Indian hindus might not care for that but those Muslims who's relatives were killed by RSS fanatics. Thats why it is important

Jana, why does your comment look so biased. Would you not care about the Hindus too that died in the following riots?

I thought a human life was as important whether it were a Hindu or a Muslim or a Jew or a Sikh. To me it seems the basis of your view on the riots is that all the 100% Hindus all over the world supported the demolition of the Mosque. That is not the fact, majority of the Hindus condemned the act, and a lot of Hindus that died in the following riots were also against it.

The truth is, the BJP had amassed its fan base at RSS's behest to construct a really big temple adjacent to the Mosque, to make the Mosque look smaller and may be insignificant. However, at the critical moment, some (very few but powerful) in the RSS took advantage of the melee at the controversial spot and moved their own crowd to destroy the mosque.

After detecting such sudden change in plan, Advani, Joshi, and Uma Bharati tried to disrupt the crowd, but it was too late. The next best option left for these BJP leaders, to save their political careers, was to go with whatever unacceptable plan had gotten executed - If you doubt my words, you can read the Liberhan Commission report, which is very pro-Congress, yet clearly mentions the number of meetings that BJP leaders had with the then PM, and it was decided that a temple will be constructed without touching the Mosque.

Later on those same leaders went ahead and supported whatever had happened only to keep the BJP strong. This is all politics, and has barely anything to do with the people who got killed in the riots, Hindu, or Muslims. The riots were a work of the RSS and BJP would never do any such thing lest it shall lose the Muslim fan base, which is very big in the state of U.P.

So, when you say something like, "the Hindus might not care about the Muslim victims", then please learn the facts. You won't find many Hindus in India that support the RSS.

Mere your stating such things may lead to a rather communal view of Muslims and Hindus against each other.

Last edited:
Do not come with wiki false information.

Besides the myth about any ram temple has already been debunked by archaeologists. The Indians should accept the fact that deep down they hate Islam and Muslims and just putting the word Secular can not wash away their hate for Muslims.

Were u one of those archaeologist?? Give some links..else ur post is just a rant...
And what about ur hate of Hindus?? r u so naive??
on top of that, its a problem involving people of India ...u need not worry ..we will sort it out...may by building a park or govt. building or seal the place ....

ooh Jana baby.. how convenient aint it.. when the article is what you want to believe TOI is authentic. When the article is otherwise it's anyother Indian media Bs aint it.. Babe this is hypocrisy..

BTW read these links.. maybe it will help you look at things from another perspective.. though I highly doubt you'll be able to change the wiring in ur head.. but still everyone go through it :)

points to remember :

1) Media ie main stream media in India is just like anyother media like urs in Pakistan (Zaid Hameed and co.) with their own agendas and money making news.

2) Leftists who were in power in late 70s through 80s and 90s had their own agenda (basically leftists don't believe in god or any authority other than their own)

3) congress oflate has changed it's track completely regarding ram janm bhumi andolan, Rajiv Gandhi initiated the ayodha issue which was in cold storage for couple of decades before his time. So ever wonder why Madam's party is singing a completely different tune now?? Muslim population has increased exponentially, (quite opposite to Hindu population's decline in Pak and BD, So just stop serving us BS when you sat hindus hate muslims and are suppressing them in India :) ) So logically it made sense for Madam and her brown sahibs to pamper the minorities emotions and thts exactly what madam's party is doing!!

The Ayodhya Evidence Debate
The Ayodhya Evidence Debate

Jana i say this as politely as i can. What happened in 1992 is not really your concern.

The only things we Indians need to care about is how to bring those lunatics responsible for killing thousands following the riots to justice.

I think i speak for a lot of the younger generation when i say that i don't care about a mosque or a temple. My taxpayers money should be spent on projects meant for developing the nation and not on something which is in effect an "opiate for the masses".

Nemesis I beg to differ. Now it's practical that our tax money is spent on development projects and stuff. This issue is completely different, this is about Hindu history and dignity, Now im not saying that bringing down Babri was the most sensible of things to do but what is an average Hindu suppose to do when the leaders back then could not do anything to fix the issue or bring it to a logical conclusion .. I've posted a few links in my previous post and I suggest you go through it to get the bigger picture and eventually the whole game.. Ram temple issue is not something made by RSS or BJP .. There have been riots regarding the temple way back in 1800s.. and it's a well known fact that temples were destroyed by mughals and mosques were built at the very same place.. The biggest example is the Qutub minar complex in Delhi there was a masjid built which had pillars just like the pillars in temples and they are still there for everyone to see!!!! now stop talking like a new age brain washed kid who is awed by main stream indian media which in 90% cases related to domestic issues serves crap to the nation.

saying that you don't care is easy but finding out the truth is difficult. There was an ASI digging at the site before BMD (Babri Masjid Demolition) happened, the digging was in an adjacent piece of land and they found pillars and stone slabs of temple dating back to 11 AD. After BMD happened ASI dug under it and found the foundation dating back to the same period of 11 AD and Babri was built much after that period... So what does it suggest?? That someone just laid the foundation and never built anything upon it till one day some muslim fellow came and decided to built a mosque on it?? I mean does it seem logical in anyway... Also FYI after when the BMD was happening some pillars that looked like pillars from a hindu temple were found from inside Babri (YES u read it right!! inside Babri!!!) But SC did not accept that evidence stating that they might have been planted there by Karsevaks, fair enough might have happened might not have happened.. but you know what the fked up part is... carbon dating of the pillar supposedly found inside Babri dated to the same period of 11 AD !!!

You can derive your won conclusions after going through the links ive given in response to Jana

Do not fear, in the Time of Hazrat Mahdi (as) All the Demolished Masjids Will Be Rebuilt.

Ayodya is a place in history that existed much before islam religon come into existance.

Babur is a great king. but I have one question why should he construt a mosque which is considered as holiy place by Hindus for century.

yea mecca is a holy place . say if a supre power.. an alein come to mecca an demolish every thing and construct a temple for some alien god. what you guys will do.

see. i dont favour demolishing this Mosque.. that is utter rubbish. but i feel that it is used as tool both by babur as well as by present stupid hindu and muslim fanatics..

they could have constructed a mosque and temple adjusent to each other... and showed the unity.

but it is a stupid multi party system. like brithish did they will divide india and rule.

Wait a minute, a Holy site being destroyed by a mob/terrorist group is different than a Holy site being destroyed by a GOVERNMENT.

FAITH HEALING
Looking beyond BABRI
Sixteen years after the demolition of the Babri Masjid, both the Muslim mindset and the leadership have undergone a sea change
Mohammed Wajihuddin | TNN

Zohair Afsar was all of two when a frenzied mob of kar sevaks demolished the 400-year-old Babri Masjid in Ayodhya on December 6, 1992. Obviously, he remembers neither the denouement of that black Sunday nor the countrywide dance of death in its aftermath. Growing up in Deoband, the UP town that houses Islamic seminary Darul Uloom—which, despite its lofty history of producing a galaxy of nationalist ulema, has often been pilloried for its regressive fatwas—one would have expected the boy to catch the virus of minority victimhood. But Zohair, now 19 and a student of mass media in Mumbai’s Burhani College, has a different perspective. “Babri masjid is not an issue with me,’’ he declares. “I want to get educated and excel in my field.’’
Zohair belongs to the post-Babri generation of Muslims who have undergone a remarkable change in mindset. This generation, reaping
the opportunities of globalisation, genuinely believes that the past cannot hold it back. For its members it is career rather than an obsession with rebuilding the destroyed mosque that is paramount: the collective fury that had consumed them for years after the demolition has today given way to a desire for education and prosperity.
The indications are everywhere. At a meet at Urdu Markaz, a cultural centre in Dongri, a group discussed the three-day career festival that begins on January 8. “We will have stalls for career counselling, workshops on different career options and speeches by role models on how to excel in different professions,’’ says Aamir Edresy of the Association of Muslim Professionals, which is holding the career fest in co-ordination with Anjumane-Islam.
Alfiya Ansari, a master in marketing management and a participant in the career fest, grew up in the Muslim ghetto of Nagpada. Communal thugs burnt down her father’s cloth manufacturing unit in neighbouring Surat during the 1992-’93 riots. “My father remained missing for many days. We were so scared that we had almost planned to leave Mumbai,’’ recalls 24-yearold Alfiya. “But we decided to stay back and avenge the injustice through education.’’
The desire for education, say activists who worked among the riotaffected, became the catalyst that triggered a change in the Muslim mindset. Farid Khan, general secretary of Majlis-e-Shoora, a sociocultural body set up after the Mumbai riots, recalls how angry youth then wanted to avenge the humiliation. “Posters with the domes of the Babri mosque painted like bleeding eyes were pasted on walls in Muslim pockets. Slogans like ‘God, send us another Mehmood Ghaznavi (the 10th-century Muslim invader who destroyed the Somnath Temple several times) to rebuild the demolished mosque’ would rend the air,’’ recalls Khan. Today nobody raises such provocative slogans. Even the patriarchal and heavily patronising leadership of the All India Babri Masjid Action Committee, formed to save the mosque, is now marginalised. The leaders have prudently joined the chorus of accepting the court’s verdict on the issue.
The irrelevance of the myopic Muslim leadership is so evident that, as reformist Islamic scholar Asgar Ali Engineer says, the community feels it would have been better off without such ‘leaders’. Engineer recalls a meeting of Muslim intellectuals in Delhi a few years ago where a prominent Muslim leader came uninvited. “When he wasn’t asked to speak, he stood up demanding to know why,’’ says Engineer. “The crowd had a terse reply: ‘We have reached this stage because we allowed you to speak for so long. Now shut up.’ The leader left the venue humiliated.’’
Engineer also compares the Muslim response to the recent Sachar Committee report as against its reaction to the Gopal Singh Committee report which looked into the socio-economic and educational status of Muslims in the late 1980s. “Then the movement to rebuild the mosque was on every Muslim leader’s agenda. All other more pressing issues were relegated to the back burner,’’ he says. “But today Sachar is being debated at a different level.’’
One of the remedies even the Sachar Committee suggests is to train Muslim candidates for the prestigious civil services exams. And the Muslim and liberal leadership in Mumbai, breaking its unexplained long silence, recently took an initiative in this direction. The Haj Committee of India, headquartered at the swanky Haj House near CST, has started coaching Muslim candidates for the civils. “The response to our advertisement was overwhelming. For the 50 seats, we received over 300 applications from Muslims belonging to poor and lower-middle-class families. This is a very positive trend,’’ says
Mohammed Owais, CEO of the the Haj Committee.
Again, at a UNICEF-sponsored debate on minorities’ problems at the government’s Sahyadri guest house last week, the participants, mostly Muslim women, discussed everything but Babri. “There was not even a mention of the Liberhan report during the day-long debate. It was all about education, health and employment,’’ says Prof Farrukh Waris of Burhani College, one of the invitees at the debate. Evidently, the ghosts of Babri are being quietly laid to rest.

WAR AND PEACE Hindu fundamentalists destroyed the Babri Masjid in 1992, but Ayodhya is hardly an issue for today’s Muslim youth (left)

:bunny:

The Anniversary of Babri Mosque Demolition held Today

we can see the Indian face of religious fair ambition for minorities.:disagree:

the Minorities in India have no right of their ritual setting. :disagree:

The 17th anniversary of the demolition was observed today amid tight security in Ayodhya and other places in the country.
I have no more word in this regard but i pray may god give ability to Indians to fair thinking for minorities. :pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom