What's new

Anna Hazare wins, Parliament passes resolution on Lokpal Bill

you are highly misinformed. You give bribe either by choice or by force. as poor people can't afford the bribe (by choice) that laws will empowered them to take action against corrupt babus. That is also implied on all the Indians.
Right. Can you please give me a tour of rest of this fantastic world you live in.

At one point in time I had to interact with the effing Income Tax dept. and later the effing Sales Tax dept. on daily effing basis. I know the effing ins, outs and everything in between, about how the effing system works. So just give me a effing break.

Corrupt people will decide who to try them for corruption?

lokpal appointment comittee will have members from all the parties of India

some more pints:

Independence of Jan Lokpal (at center) and Jan Lokayukta (in every state)

Jan Lokpal and Jan Lokayukta would be completely independent of the governments. Their independence would be ensured through following measures:
(i) Administrative independence
They will be independent agencies like Central Election Commission, Comptroller and Auditor general of India and Supreme Court. Therefore, no politician or a bureaucrat will be able to interfere with its functioning.
(ii) Financial independence
Their expenses will be charged to the Consolidated Fund of India/State. They will be provided whatever expenses they require.
(iii) Manpower
They will have powers to assess their manpower requirements and employ them either from existing government servants (who can come on deputation basis) or directly from the market.

these are the points in Janlokpal bill....

I hope you know what provisions lokpal bill has in it..I have gone through a long pamphlet of it and understood the differences between the JanLokpal and the govt's lokpal,maybe you need to as well..
You should make comments when you know about the deep insights of it.
Right genius. You read the pamphlet and I read the draft acts - section by section, clause by clause.

We could have a word with Nato and send a force in to change things for the better. We are good at that ask Libya. They are loving it
jesus_facepalm_facepalm_jesus_epic_demotivational_poster_1218659828_Facepalm_collection-s640x682-82175.jpg

Seriously. Did you even follow what happened today in parliament. The resolution has been passed and MMS himself had written a letter to Anna Hazzare that the house supports his three demands. The only person who is against it seem to be RJD which will be represented by Lalu Prasad Yadav. Both Congress and BJP have pretty much made their stand clear. Also standing committee is an advisory committee and therefore the bill presented by them will not be binding.
While it is true that Standing Committee's recommendations are not binding on the Parliament, there are ten thousand ways to delay the Standing Committee report from being tabled.

And thats how I spell Cynical....
Good for ya. :tup:

How group of volunteers kept Ramlila Maidan clean only for Anna Hazare - The Economic Times :tup: :tup: :tup:

NEW DELHI: From collecting mounds of garbage, removing slush caused by rains to cleaning toilets, a group of volunteers, mostly students from premier medical and engineering colleges, kept Ramlila Maidan, the nerve centre of Anna Hazare's movement, clean at a time when it saw unprecedented footfall on all the 13 days of his fast.

Initially, most of these students came to lend support to Anna Hazare's movement against corruption, but swayed by the electric atmosphere they ended up being part of it.

While the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) carried out most of the sanitation work, volunteers played a big role in keeping the Ramlila Maidan, bigger than a football field, clean. The civic body also got praise from Team Anna member Arving Kejriwal for its work.

The student volunteers, on the other hand, worked in shifts round the clock. While some came to Ramlila Maidan in central Delhi as early as 6 a.m. and left by midnight, others stayed through the night.

Donning the trademark Anna cap, Kamlesh Parihar, a student of M.Tech from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee, told IANS: "We picked garbage and even cleared the slush caused by rains when needed while the municipal workers used to come thrice a day."

Parihar took a 15-day leave from college and stayed at the venue for 16-18 hours daily. "I used to came here early morning and leave only in the night," he said with a smile.

Some of them went around the ground with a wheel barrow and collected every bit of trash while others used empty water bottles to collect stagnant rainwater and throw them outside. They also poured mud and gravel on slush to keep the ground dry.

"Some of us also cleaned toilets when there were no MCD workers. Anna ji is doing so much for the country and I feel proud that I did something which brought some comfort to his supporters," said Avinash Sukhla, 18, who is preparing for medical entrance.

Atul Kumar, a student of vocational studies in Dayal Singh College, said: "I cleaned the floor mats every morning so that people could sit comfortably. We cleaned the garbage... levelled the ground. We did all this because the movement is for our better future."

i'm never going to Indira Gandhi air port again at the luggage drop i went up and my luggage was not even overweight yet the dude wanted me to pay him a bribe to get it to the aircraft i was like WTF? i sat there arguing with him for 2 hours and almost missed my flight but i did not pay him a bribe rather just got crappy seats on my Lufthansa flight kinda off topic but there is a airport in Amritsar and when i go to Punjab this december i'm going there rather than Delhi at least that way i do not need to drive 8 hours and pay bribes just to get my luggage in the airplane

IMHO the penalty for corruption on any level should be execution there is something called ETHICS and obviously it is not taught in Indian schools

Just a thought. The current fast started with three demands:

1. JLP must be passed by the Parliament, without any amendments.

2. The Bill must not be sent to the Parliamentary Committee

3. The Bill must be passed at the earliest but not after 30th August.

After all the drama, what happened? Government adopted a 'sense of the House' (not even a 'resolution') to remit to the Standing Committee, which is already considering the Govt. Lokpal Bill, 3 issues:

1. Citizen's Charter

2. Including lower bureaucracy within the ambit of LP, subject to suitability

3. Appointment of Lokayukt in the States.

What kind of victory is that? If anything, it is a face saving exit for both the Govt. and Anna's team.

IS Anna Hazare associated with any Major political party?/ would he run for elections and if so what are the chances of him winning a general election???

Just a thought. The current fast started with three demands:

1. JLP must be passed by the Parliament, without any amendments.

2. The Bill must not be sent to the Parliamentary Committee

3. The Bill must be passed at the earliest but not after 30th August.

After all the drama, what happened? Government adopted a 'sense of the House' (not even a 'resolution') to remit to the Standing Committee, which is already considering the Govt. Lokpal Bill, 3 issues:

1. Citizen's Charter

2. Including lower bureaucracy within the ambit of LP, subject to suitability

3. Appointment of Lokayukt in the States.

What kind of victory is that? If anything, it is a face saving exit for both the Govt. and Anna's team.

can you stay away from this thread...Govt has passed resolution..and PM himself mentioned it in writing

Dear Anna Hazare Ji,

I thank you letter date August 26.

As you know, Parliament today discussed Lokpal related issues. You would be happy to know that both the Houses of Parliament passed a resolution on the three points raised by you. According to this resolution, Parliament in principle agrees to the following three points:

1. Citizens' charter
2. Lower bureaucracy under Lokpal through appropriate mechanism
3. Establishment of Lokayukta in states

Parliament has also passed a resolution that further resolves to forward the proceedings of the House to the Standing Committee for its perusal while formulating its recommendations for a Lokpal Bill.

I hope that you will end your fast looking at the resolution passed and restore your health. We all wish for your good health.

Best wishes,

Yours sincerely

Manmohan Singh

dont be cynical..you are looking like a fool here...I have more trust and faith in Kiran Bedi, Arvind Kejriwal , and Anna Hazare than some internet troll.

Corrupt people will decide who to try them for corruption?

Nope..quite the opposite. The Lokpal panel will consist of retired judges from the supreme court, government officials and members of the civil society with a clean image. The members are not to have any affiliation with any political parties and thus reducing conflict of interest. The entire system will be transparent with all the details of a cases posted online so that people can see the evidence after the case is shut. At the moment everything is done in secrecy and under political influence. This will hopefully abolish that.

can you stay away from this thread...Govt has passed resolution..and PM himself mentioned it in writing

dont be cynical..you are looking like a fool here...I have more trust and faith in Kiran Bedi, Arvind Kejriwal , and Anna Hazare than some internet troll.
Eh. The letter talks of resolution all right, but resolutions end in voting. Govt. cleverly ensured that there was not voting but 'thumping of desk'. Technically it fell short of being a resolution. Parliamentary record will not show it as 'resolution'.

But I can see how you chose to respond to a trivial technical issue rather than the main point raised in that post.

While it is true that Standing Committee's recommendations are not binding on the Parliament, there are ten thousand ways to delay the Standing Committee report from being tabled.

Good for ya. :tup:

Abhishek Manu Singhvi said on Times Now that Lokpal bill is going to be the priority of the standing committee and the draft will be ready as soon as possible. The parliament is under a lot of pressure from the masses and the media. The delaying tactics will not work anymore. Everything is on the table and the agenda is quite clear. Political consensus on a strong Lokapl has been achieved. Mr.Singhvi should not a problem with the Lokpal bill.

Off topic: The Chairman of the standing committee Abhiskek Singhvi is the son of Laxmi Mall Singhvi who was the first to come up with an idea of the Lokpal and presented it to Pandit Nehru. Unfortunately the bill could not pass during that time. May very few people thought that corruption would reach to such a height.

Eh. The letter talks of resolution all right, but resolutions end in voting. Govt. cleverly ensured that there was not voting but 'thumping of desk'. Technically it fell short of being a resolution. Parliamentary record will not show it as 'resolution'.

But I can see how you chose to respond to a trivial technical issue rather than the main point raised in that post.

Nope. Its a resolution and thus need not be voted. The leader of the house just needs to get a sense of the house. This is done by either ayes and nays or thumping of the desk. Most of the political parties have given their consensus during the discussions, so the three demands will be incorporated in the bill.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

IS Anna Hazare associated with any Major political party?/ would he run for elections and if so what are the chances of him winning a general election???

All his life he has stayed away from politics. This gives him moral authority to question the governments rule. Just imagine if he would have been part of a political party, would he have been able to strike a cord with the aam aadmi?

He can win from any part of the country he pleases but that is not his end goal.

Back
Top Bottom