What's new

Anna Hazare released from jail after India-wide protests, begins fasting

Jan Lokapl Bill

• Total voters
CBI-closes-in-on-Kalmadi

He will be booked because he did not give a CUT to Sonia.

The anti-corruption campaign began has now been joined by thousands of people with more than 150 people joining Hazare’s fast-onto-death at the Jantar Mantar. Almost 5,000 people from all walks of life have gathered at Jantar Mantar to show their support for Hazare. Social activists and people in 400 cities all across India and foreign countries have come out in support of Hazare.

Full text of Anna Hazare's letter to the PM - India News - IBNLive

Very weak versions of Lokpal Bill were presented in Parliament eight times in last 42 years. Even these weak versions were not passed by Parliament. This means, left to themselves, the politicians and bureaucrats will never pass any law which subjects them to any kind of objective scrutiny.

It is being said that the government wants to talk to us and we are not talking to them. This is utterly false. Tell me a single meeting when you called us and we did not come. We strongly believe in dialogue and engagement. Kindly do not mislead the country by saying that we are shunning dialogue. We request you to take some credible steps at stemming corruption. Kindly stop finding faults and suspecting conspiracies in our movement. There are none. Even if there were, it does not absolve you of your responsibilities to stop corruption.
With warm regards,
(K B Hazare)

Hey can i join in your efforts

Indian Youth Org supports Anna Hazarre's protest against corruption

Indian Youth Org supports Anna Hazzare protest against corruption | Farzana Shah

YFN-1-300x225.jpg

New Delhi, April 5, 2011, Youth For Nation (YFN) an organization of intellectual and professional youth took out a protest march against corruption at jantar mantar around 5 pm. Around 100 volunteers of YFN marched towards the jantar mantar while holding the ply cards and candle in their hands and after the march they met with Shri Anna Hazare and assured him that he is not all alone in his fight against corruption youth of this country is with him.

YFN-3-300x225.jpg

Nitin Delhi State Co- Convener of YFN while addressing the volunteers said that YFN will mobilize the youths to fight against corruption as it’s the biggest hurdle in national Development and he also demanded the government to enact a strict anti-corruption law. YFN also decides to take up a signature campaign against corruption in coming days. YFN senior members including Sumeet Srivastav, Khemchand Sharma, Prasant, Tajinderpal, Jairam, and Abhishek were present in the march.

No politicians are being allowed in..I just wish i was there..

Its time to show this corrupt Private Limited Corporation its place...Down with Congress..Congress murdabad..

I will be joining this movement and will do my bit from KOLKATA..

Many celebrities have supported the 21st Century Gandhi..

The issue is Corruption and the thieving by the politicians and the bureaucrat, who escape the law since the agencies to enforce are but their own handmaidens.

The movement has got support from all sectors of Society.

There has been a huge galvanisation of popular discontent.

Given the stubborn attitude of the Govt, this may come another movement like that launched by JPN.

Politicians have to realise that they are not beyond the law and they must account for their thievery!

Back
Top Bottom