What's new

Anna Hazare released from jail after India-wide protests, begins fasting

Jan Lokapl Bill

• Total voters
quite true. govt. wants to control cbi and use it as its puppet. govt. representatives are in majority in lokpal selection panel so lokpal will be govt.s loyalist. lacks of govt. employes are out of the scope of this bill so this bill won't affect common people's life. They will still have to suffer.

This bill is corruption friendly. The corrupt person will get three chances to state his defence before any action can b initiated against him. So, he will get enough time to desroy the evidences.

Govt. will pay the charges for the lawyer of the corrupt official but the one who does complain will have to pay from his pocket.
if proven guilty(which is highly unlikely as he would have destroyed the evidnces till then) the former will get a jail for min. 6months, but if proven wrong(very likely) the latter will get minimum punishment of 2 years!!!

CAN ANY POOR MAN DARE TO RAISE HIS VOICE AGAINST CORRUPTION UNDER THIS SARKARI JOKEPAL BILL?

ACTUALLY THIS CORRUPT GOVT. HAS DESIGNED THIS BILL TO BE SUCH THAT IT WILL ONLY ENCOURAGE THE CORRUPT TO INDULGE IN MORE AND MORE CORRUPTION.

SHAME ON YOU CONgress..

Down with corruption, India wants Jan Lokpal Bill.

This highlighted point is very true. According to the government proposed lopal bill, out of the 9 members of the lokpal committee, 5 will be from government and 4 will be from public, which is effectively bringing the lokpal committee under government. with the support of these 5 members, government (read politicians) can appoint anybody who favours them into the Lokpal body and influence the functions of Lokpal completely. Then as usual, lokpal will become an anti-corruption agency which will be severely influenced and controlled by the corrupted politicians and officials. What good can we expect from this influenced lokpal?

Should i take that as their achievement..?

i will not..Thats not their doing..had they done their job properly, we would not have such a huge chunk of population struggling for food..

Hahaha..They should have just waited and watched another Hawala ..I wonder why congress did not try to show them their place like they did with Anna Hazare..

here you go..police ka danda..? Is that the best you could do ..?

ooh..I am shivering with fear..Mighty congress will shut down the internet ..:lol:
Its not 70's..I am just waiting for another bad move by Congress ..Will be epic to see the spineless PM and Imported Madam getting slapped again..:lol:

BTW a little less personal language will be better..This is not a Congress Press conference where you go ahead and make personal remarks against other people..

thanks.... :)

Exactly. And presently, even if there are enough evidance for corruption charges against any judge, CBI or any government agency must obtain permission from Chief Justice of India to file an FIR aginst the judge. And in the whole 60 years of our history, permission had been granted only two times that too because of the media exposure againse those judges. Judges are also human and they are not above law. And we cannot say all the judges in this country are 100% clean. Any corruption in the judiciary must be investigated too.

Why are we keeping the judges above law? Why shouldn't they also be exposed to this anti-corruption body?

yes.. they shouldnt be immune from this because the judicial accountibility bill made by govt. is very very weak and impotent!

8. What if some officer in Lokpal becomes corrupt? The entire functioning of Lokpal/ Lokayukta will be completely transparent. Any complaint against any officer of Lokpal shall be investigated and the officer dismissed within two months.

And who will lead the investigation against the Top notch in the Lok Pal and who will have power to dismiss him? I mean will it be like as a common man through RTI I gather facts about the guy heading Lok Pal and once i have enough evidences I would be able to lodge complaint in Police station and then police will investigate the case and go to the court with a Chargesheet against him. Is this how it will work? If it is, I highly doubt that the officer will be arrested in 2 months..

And who will lead the investigation against the Top notch in the Lok Pal and who will have power to dismiss him? I mean will it be like as a common man through RTI I gather facts about the guy heading Lok Pal and once i have enough evidences I would be able to lodge complaint in Police station and then police will investigate the case and go to the court with a Chargesheet against him. Is this how it will work? If it is, I highly doubt that the officer will be arrested in 2 months..

According to Jan Lokpal, Any person can bring a complaint to the Supreme Court, who can then recommend removal of any member to the President.

Government's Lokpal Bill -- Lokpal will conduct inquiries into its own behavior.

As per Government's Lokpal Bill , the people who is your friend, whome you work with will conduct the enquiry about you. How can we expect that enquiry can be a honest one?

This highlighted point is very true. According to the government proposed lopal bill, out of the 9 members of the lokpal committee, 5 will be from government and 4 will be from public, which is effectively bringing the lokpal committee under government. with the support of these 5 members, government (read politicians) can appoint anybody who favours them into the Lokpal body and influence the functions of Lokpal completely. Then as usual, lokpal will become an anti-corruption agency which will be severely influenced and controlled by the corrupted politicians and officWhat good can we expect from this influenced lokpal?

ask this question from those blind CONgressis who are supporting govt.'s draft.

hahahaha... CONgress's days are numbered. :triniti:
Jai Hind

This is only possible before if all of us actually go out there and vote in the next gen elections! Unfortunately most of us dont want to "waste our time " waiting in the que outside a polling booth !

Why so many anna hajare threads on PDF we don't care about these people and their agenda. :sick:

Pro-Congressis are engaging in all the forum for demising the uprising of a "hunger strike", they ignore the seriousness of the corruption, the huge gap between the haves and have-nots, all the issues regarding a decent economic development.

But I doubt people's efforts would be used by BJP nationalists for their political gains.

India need a third voice, a voice can take care of the poor, can check the corruption and evil riches, and can rehabilitate its foreign policies with its neighbors, can bring India to a real future road.

This highlighted point is very true. According to the government proposed lopal bill, out of the 9 members of the lokpal committee, 5 will be from government and 4 will be from public, which is effectively bringing the lokpal committee under government. with the support of these 5 members, government (read politicians) can appoint anybody who favours them into the Lokpal body and influence the functions of Lokpal completely. Then as usual, lokpal will become an anti-corruption agency which will be severely influenced and controlled by the corrupted politicians and officials. What good can we expect from this influenced lokpal?
The Lokpal Committee shall consist of 10 members of which 4 will be from Judiciary, plus 1 Chairperson. The Chairperson 'shall not be a member of Parliament or a member of the Legislature of any State or Union territory and shall not hold any office of trust or profit (other than his office as the Chairperson or a Member) or be connected with any political party or carry on any business or practise any profession' and must resign or quit, if he is so.[section 3]

The members, including the Chairperson, shall be appointed by the President on recomendations from the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee shall consist of: [section 4]

"(a) the Prime Minister chairperson;

(b) the Speaker of the House of the People - member;

(c) the Leader of the House other than the House in which the Prime Minister is a Member of Parliament - member;

(d) the Minister in-charge of the Home Affairs in the Government of India - member;

(e) the Leader of the Opposition in the House of the People - member;

(f) the Leader of the Opposition in the Council of States member:

(g) one sitting Judge of the Supreme Court to be nominated by the Chief Justice of India - member;

(h) one sitting Chief Justice of a High Court to be nominated by the Chief Justice of India - member;

(i) the President of the National Academy of Sciences, India, being a society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or the senior most National Professor member;

(j) Cabinet Secretary - secretary.
"

Disinformation, half-truths, and complete ignorance, are fueling this circus.

Mea Culpa: Earlier I had indicated that 21st June draft of the GoI is to be trashed. It is infact the final draft being considered by the Parliament. Apologies for the error.

The Lokpal Committee shall consist of 10 members of which 4 will be from Judiciary, plus 1 Chairperson. The Chairperson 'shall not be a member of Parliament or a member of the Legislature of any State or Union territory and shall not hold any office of trust or profit (other than his office as the Chairperson or a Member) or be connected with any political party or carry on any business or practise any profession' and must resign or quit, if he is so.[section 3]

The members, including the Chairperson, shall be appointed by the President on recomendations from the Selection Committee. The Selection Committee shall consits of: [section 4]

"(a) the Prime Minister chairperson;

(b) the Speaker of the House of the People - member;

(c) the Leader of the House other than the House in which the Prime Minister is a Member of Parliament - member;

(d) the Minister in-charge of the Home Affairs in the Government of India - member;

(e) the Leader of the Opposition in the House of the People - member;

(f) the Leader of the Opposition in the Council of States member:

(g) one sitting Judge of the Supreme Court to be nominated by the Chief Justice of India - member;

(h) one sitting Chief Justice of a High Court to be nominated by the Chief Justice of India - member;

(i) the President of the National Academy of Sciences, India, being a society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860 or the senior most National Professor member;

(j) Cabinet Secretary - secretary.
"

Disinformation, half-truths, and complete ignorance, are fueling this circus.

Mea Culpa: Earlier I had indicated that 21st June draft of the GoI is to be trashed. It is infact the final draft being considered by the Parliament. Apologies for the error.

Even in this one, majority (5 out of 10) are politicians. The outcome will be still same.

How is he damaging things ....its not right for 4-5 people to be top 10 list of rich people while they make slaves out of common indian , making 10 rupees / day

There is a rich class who enjoy life styles of ellite , 1% of indians and then there is working class and then there are slave class and that has to change

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom