What's new

Ankara has Pakistan's full cooperation against 'Fethullah Terror Organisation': Turkish FM

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Ankara has Pakistan's full cooperation against 'Fethullah Terror Organisation': Turkish FM
DAWN.COM — PUBLISHED ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
WHATSAPP
2 COMMENTS
PRINT
57a065eb8c3e0.jpg

Special Adviser to the PM on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz shakes hands with Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, at the foreign ministry in Islamabad. ─ AP
ISLAMABAD: Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Çavuşoğlu on Tuesday said Ankara had Pakistan's "full cooperation" on taking action against what Turkey calls the Fethullah Terror Organisation (Feto) – headed by Fethullah Gulen, who Turkey accuses of plotting the recent coup attempt.

Addressing a joint press conference alongside Adviser to the Prime Minister Sartaj Aziz in Islamabad, Çavuşoğlu said it is not a secret that Feto has a presence in Pakistan and many other countries.

"In my opening statement I expressed my satisfaction and appreciation that we have full cooperation with Pakistan in that regard, and I'm sure the necessary measures will be taken."

The Turkish foreign minister said Ankara was taking "all necessary legal measures against the plotters of the coup, namely the terrorist organisation Feto, headed by Fethullah Gulen".

"Such organisations pose a risk or threat to the security and stability of every country in which they have a presence," he continued.

"This terrorist organisation has a global network of schools, business associations and cultural organisations. In the past, we supported them but we didn't know they had a hidden agenda, that they were trying to take over power in Turkey through such attempts. The first attempt of this group took place in Dec 2013," he said, adding that the 'terror group' must be fought all over the world.

Responding to a question regarding the Kashmir issue, Çavuşoğlu said Turkey "fully supports" Pakistan's position, and asked the OIC Secretary General to mobilise the OIC Contact Group and send a fact-finding mission to India-held Kashmir.

"We believe this dispute can be solved only through dialogue and diplomacy, not violence or using force," he said.

During an earlier meeting with Sartaj Aziz, Çavuşoğlu said both sides discussed methods to increase cooperation and are "hoping to sign a free trade agreement this year".

The Turkish foreign minister said he had informed Aziz "how we are normalising our relations with Russia and Israel", and also discussed regional issues, particularly ties with Afghanistan, and said Turkey would continue supporting reconciliation efforts in the region.

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Çavuşoğlu on Tuesday said Ankara had Pakistan's "full cooperation" on taking action against what Turkey calls the Fethullah Terror Organisation (Feto) – headed by Fethullah Gulen, who Turkey accuses of plotting the recent coup attempt.

Let me add further on behalf of Turkish FM:

"Having said so we declare the HAPPY demise of propaganda machine that way active for past few days in an apparent motive to harm the brotherly relations between Pakistan and Turkey".

What a back hand slap on the faces of all those anti Pak-Turk forces.

Here comes the Gem.

Responding to a question regarding the Kashmir issue, Çavuşoğlu said Turkey "fully supports" Pakistan's position, and asked the OIC Secretary General to mobilise the OIC Contact Group and send a fact-finding mission to India-held Kashmir.

Thank You Turkey :smitten::smitten::smitten:.

It is great to make Maarif foundation to take over Pak-Turk schools instead of closing them. We stand with Turkey as they are our muslim brothers and Pakistan's best friend just like China.
Pak-Turk brotherhood Zindabad

what help poor pakistan can provide to turkey against gulen????dear turk brothers we are only good at condemning.

It is great to make Maarif foundation to take over Pak-Turk schools instead of closing them. We stand with Turkey as they are our muslim brothers and Pakistan's best friend just like China.
Pak-Turk brotherhood Zindabad
Agreed fully

instead of shutting own those centres and affecting staff and students that runs in thousands.. we must ask the Turks to provide or suggest administration that is acceptable to them and someone that positively promotes Turkish values and strengthens our friendship instead of instigating anything against the mutual national interests

Agreed fully

instead of shutting own those centres and affecting staff and students that runs in thousands.. we must ask the Turks to provide or suggest administration that is acceptable to them and someone that positively promotes Turkish values and strengthens our friendship instead of instigating anything against the mutual national interests

It's already being taken care of. Turkish and Pakistani officials have been working intensely for last few weeks on this issue. Turkish have been very accomodating to Pakistani POV that instead of shutting down these schools, it's better to change their administration and staff. It takes time to work out details. In the end we will see Turkish sensitivities will be addressed and education will continue in these schools at the same time. Win-win for both nations.

Yes, Pakistan is supporting Turkey and we have always helped them. They are our brothers and our relations will become stronger over time.
Don't get me wrong, I love Erdogan and Turkey, but I really doubt Gulen had a hand in the coup personally.

DAWN.COM — PUBLISHED ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
WHATSAPP
2 COMMENTS
PRINT
Special Adviser to the PM on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz shakes hands with Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu, at the foreign ministry in Islamabad. ─ AP
ISLAMABAD: Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Çavuşoğlu on Tuesday said Ankara had Pakistan's "full cooperation" on taking action against what Turkey calls the Fethullah Terror Organisation (Feto) – headed by Fethullah Gulen, who Turkey accuses of plotting the recent coup attempt.

Addressing a joint press conference alongside Adviser to the Prime Minister Sartaj Aziz in Islamabad, Çavuşoğlu said it is not a secret that Feto has a presence in Pakistan and many other countries.

"In my opening statement I expressed my satisfaction and appreciation that we have full cooperation with Pakistan in that regard, and I'm sure the necessary measures will be taken."

The Turkish foreign minister said Ankara was taking "all necessary legal measures against the plotters of the coup, namely the terrorist organisation Feto, headed by Fethullah Gulen".

"Such organisations pose a risk or threat to the security and stability of every country in which they have a presence," he continued.

"This terrorist organisation has a global network of schools, business associations and cultural organisations. In the past, we supported them but we didn't know they had a hidden agenda, that they were trying to take over power in Turkey through such attempts. The first attempt of this group took place in Dec 2013," he said, adding that the 'terror group' must be fought all over the world.

"We believe this dispute can be solved only through dialogue and diplomacy, not violence or using force," he said.

During an earlier meeting with Sartaj Aziz, Çavuşoğlu said both sides discussed methods to increase cooperation and are "hoping to sign a free trade agreement this year".

The Turkish foreign minister said he had informed Aziz "how we are normalising our relations with Russia and Israel", and also discussed regional issues, particularly ties with Afghanistan, and said Turkey would continue supporting reconciliation efforts in the region.

Do Pakistanis really believe the propaganda against Gulen ?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom