What's new

Angry India tells US 'times have changed' after diplomat spat

After reading more on the subject I am appalled. I had no idea that she was not subject to local laws except in the case of grave crimes. In this case India is absolutely right to press the case and ask for all charges to be dropped considering that the diplomats of other countries are treated way better and that the US has been abusing it's power since the start. However it could have been handled better via back channels and the media should not have gotten involved. Also it occurs to me that the US cannot challenge china in any capacity due to its massive debts. Also if the US alienates India then it will loose all power projection abilities in the south and central parts of Asia in addition to loosing patrolling rights. Hence the US needs India right now just as much as India need the US.

We will put her in jail if its true,but after we bring her to India with honour.

What crap let her rot in a US jail. What honor is there in bringing back a crook home who deprives war widows of a house? She is serial liar.

Devyani Khobragade made false statement to get Adarsh flat: Panel - The Times of India

The report mentioned the bureaucrat failed to mention the price of the flat even when both of them deposed before the panel members and they remained silent on this aspect.

Devyani mentioned her annual income to be around Rs 1.8 lakh in her application. However, the panel members accessed a copy of her ledger account of
Adarsh society from April 1, 2008, to March 31, 2011, which shows that she made a total payment of Rs 1.10 crore. Ironically, both father and daughter had failed to reveal anything about the source of money for purchasing a flat.

After reading more on the subject I am appalled. I had no idea that she was not subject to local laws except in the case of grave crimes. In this case India is absolutely right to press the case and ask for all charges to be dropped considering that the diplomats of other countries are treated way better and that the US has been abusing it's power since the start. However it could have been handled better via back channels and the media should not have gotten involved. Also it occurs to me that the US cannot challenge china in any capacity due to its massive debts. Also if the US alienates India then it will loose all power projection abilities in the south and central parts of Asia in addition to loosing patrolling rights. Hence the US needs India right now just as much as India need the US.

all country need each other to a certain extent. But this is certainly a criminal charge and if she if found guilty, she will have to serve time and start the appealing process. If she is found innocent, then she is free to go. As easy as that.

What crap let her rot in a US jail. What honor is there in bringing back a crook home who deprives war widows of a house? She is serial liar.

Devyani Khobragade made false statement to get Adarsh flat: Panel - The Times of India

The report mentioned the bureaucrat failed to mention the price of the flat even when both of them deposed before the panel members and they remained silent on this aspect.

Devyani mentioned her annual income to be around Rs 1.8 lakh in her application. However, the panel members accessed a copy of her ledger account of
Adarsh society from April 1, 2008, to March 31, 2011, which shows that she made a total payment of Rs 1.10 crore. Ironically, both father and daughter had failed to reveal anything about the source of money for purchasing a flat.

Its time for the princess to grow up.

To the people talking about nukes the US is the only place to ever have used nukes and to have committed mass genocide (native Americans, Japanese, etc. ) what gives them the right to play moral police for the rest of the world.

Because U.S and their arrogance knows no bounds and if we bow down to them now they will be encouraged to insult us again ....

Because clearly America cannot be trusted at all , the very fact they Violated the Vienna conventions is a good example

The same will be determined by the US Court just like the Indian Court will determine whether the Italian Marines have diplomatic immunity or not. She is a crook and you should be happy someone caught her. I would have no problems if a British diplomat was imprisoned anywhere in the world after he got a fair trial.

The same will be determined by the US Court just like the Indian Court will determine whether the Italian Marines have diplomatic immunity or not. She is a crook and you should be happy someone caught her. I would have no problems if a British diplomat was imprisoned anywhere in the world after he got a fair trial.

Italian Marines are marines not diplomats , Indian lady was working in US using a diplomatic VISa with limited immunity....learn the difference ...

How do the Italian marines get diplomatic immunity ? They weren't even diplomats

You should have done that when they did it to an honest guy like Kalam not for a crook like this witch.

should do it every time , Even of its Sonia Gandhi ... Indians will treat with Indians not Americans or anyone else ...

India government didn't take anything too far, their action sent a wrong message that they weren't mature enough to handle tough situation throw at them.

Indian government is testing on whether throwing a temper tantrum would produce results. I have a 2 year old and that is her method of getting things now. Once they are 3 1/2, they would stop this method.

@chhota been I have no idea what these guys are talking about either. India is a recognised member of the nuclear non - proliferation treaty and has signed a policy of no first use. We're even allowed to buy uranium on the open market just like the other nuclear countries. What are these guys even talking about ?

Back
Top Bottom