What's new

Ancient India in the time of the Mahabharata

hmmmm..cheesy..so we stole the name ...from whome...U....so u wanted to be named India in 1947......
I never get it......for every thing else U use religion.....for ur brothers are....what is ur basis of formetion etc.....but when it come to history U become secular.....U r claiming achivement of those ppl who r deep rooted religious and so ru going to adopt the vedas too...and though U make claim to that history U have never recognized so officialy...while we have named our satellites and city on these historic personalities and places

You, Vinod and the rest of the band dont seem to understand what heritage is.

The simple fact is: Pakistans Pre-Islamic history and identity do not belong to Indians, regardless of what religion Pakistanis follow today.

Pakistanis did not originate from Arabia.
Indians did not originate from the Indus.

That simple.

The simple fact is: Pakistans Pre-Islamic history and identity do not belong to Indians, regardless of what religion Pakistanis follow today.

That simple.
so what have U done for ur "pre-Islamic" history.....thats what I asked...also bro..as per the pre-Islamic history..Ghauri was to attacker on pakistan.....and you have glorified his name......now thats what i call simple...Its u who have chosen what represent ur history

so what have U done for ur "pre-Islamic" history.....thats what I asked...also bro..as per the pre-Islamic history..Ghauri was to attacker on pakistan.....and you have glorified his name......now thats what i call simple...Its u who have chosen what represent ur history

We don't need to do anything. The Pakistani identity and history wont change because of the naming of a few missiles.

How on earth do you want to change the fact that Pakistanis are natives and the regions history belongs to them? Nothing can change this.

That simple.

You are again blaming India for something that is a Pakistani affliction!

It is you (not you personally but Muslims in general and most Pakistanis in particular) who called it Jahiliyah. It is some of you who have now turned around and started to acknowledge that probably you were lied to. That it was not all Jahiliyah after all with people waiting with baited breath for foreign invaders to come and teach them how to live!

Indians have always acknowledge and are proud of their history and civilization.

You are again blaming India for something that is a Pakistani affliction!

It is you (not you personally but Muslims in general and most Pakistanis in particular) who called it Jahiliyah. It is some of you who have now turned around and started to acknowledge that probably you were lied to. That it was not all Jahiliyah after all with people waiting with baited breath for foreign invaders to come and teach them how to live!

Indians have always acknowledge and are proud of their history and civilization.

Here we go again with you.

Read my above post. Nothing will ever change the fact that Pakistanis are natives of the region and the regions history belongs to them.
You cant speak for Muslims in general, but if certain people did call it "Jahiliyah", it wont change facts.

History and identity is not something that can be grabbed like you insist on doing.

you are free to say it 100000 tmes more :blah:,but fact is you would'nt have been saying that crap if your ancient pakistan wasnt born 61 yrs ago, forget about India's history, its beyond your brain can think,
btw the name pakistan was given by an Indian ( yet another Indian failed invention/project:woot:)
man the quality of posters coming from your country really speaks volumes about where the failures are... bye bernard!

Here we go again with you.

Read my above post. Nothing will ever change the fact that Pakistanis are natives of the region and the regions history belongs to them.
You cant speak for Muslims in general, but if certain people did call it "Jahiliyah", it wont change facts.

History and identity is not something that can be grabbed like you insist on doing.

No one denied that except you guys. I am actually happy to see you finally acknowledging the ancient history.

Probably one day you guys will grow up to even appreciate it!

If "Muslims in general" refers to the vast majority of Muslims, I think my statement is backed by facts on the ground. Check out Egypt, Iran, Pakistan, I can go on.

Even better, read V. S. Naipaul's book "Among the believers - An Islamic journey". An excellent read.

We don't need to do anything. The Pakistani identity and history wont change because of the naming of a few missiles.

How on earth do you want to change the fact that Pakistanis are natives and the regions history belongs to them? Nothing can change this.
How u treat ur past define what is ur history....just don't brush-aside the fact that U are proud of Ghauri....If u would have thought ur self native than U would not have glorified the muderer of the natives of that region....

This image shows the locations of Kingdoms mentioned in the Indian epics. Focus is on Mahabharata. The names mentioned in Ramayana also is included. The locations of the kingdoms are based on the current knowledge about their locations.

fb20ec1cedbce9e03944d2b2df8fb1e4.jpg

One of the key city in Mahabharat is Hustanapur, which still exists today. Which I do not see in this map, or am i not looking hard enough.

Pakistani land existed before pakistan was created..History is not abt people but abt land..The Us history focuses on the land n not on their migration from England..Please read up a little history..[mod edit]

Very interesting, how so can you elaborate even further. When you do so, do not forget the war with the english, the spanish war, the civil war, the alamo, the louisian purchase, oh man i can go on, but I forget what's more important is the migration from England. How about mass migration from Ireland, Germany and Italy are those part of American History also. ..[mod edit] it looks like you are the one that needs to hit the history books.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets keep the language civil. We are all grown ups, and don't need to resort to insults.

It doesnt exist anymore..was washed out in floods..please do more research..

Used to be near Meerut.

First of all in the history books it was partly flooded, so after clearling that part, the town still exist. History lesson is done for today!!

The map mostly shows kingdoms, not cities. Hastinapur would be in the Kuru kingdom, of the Kauravas.

One of the key city in Mahabharat is Hustanapur, which still exists today. Which I do not see in this map, or am i not looking hard enough.

Here is a map of cities:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom