What's new

Anatomy of a goof-up: How an Indian Army chopper landed in Pakistan

Areesh

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
About a year ago, a Cheetah Helicopter of the Aviation Wing of the Indian Army landed in Pakistan, almost sparking a diplomatic row between the two countries. But how could an aircraft land in Pakistan? The details of what preceded and followed the goof-up, which easily qualifies as one of the most embarrassing moments for the Indian Military in recent times, have been a closely-held secret. The inquiry into the incident, accessed by NDTV, reveals an almost incredible and, at times, a hilarious sequence of events.

Anatomy of a goof-up: How an Indian Army chopper landed in Pakistan | NDTV.com

From the video

1 Instead of using the GPS the Indian pilot just decided that he is in Kargil by just looking at terrain which was similar to Kargil. :lol:
2 He saw a air strip and thought it was an Indian airstrip
3 He was welcomed by a man in "pathani" suit and was surprised but still he thought he was in India. :D
4 Indian border posts thought that the chopper entering Pakistani territory is an air violation by Pakistan and reported the HQ about this "violation".
5 HQ learned of missing chopper from Pakistani media reports.
6 Pakistani army personnel consoled the Indian personnel and said it is a genuine mistake. :angel:
7 Pakistan refueled the chopper and sent it back.
8 Inquiry is over and one of the pilots is grounded.

Good that Pakistan acted like a sensible humans instead of like India which shoot down any Pakistan heli/aircraft that come into Indian territory
If we have allowed them instead of shooting, you will come ranting and laughing that India don't have balls. Do you guys have one point of view?

Present facts and figure, not your emotions, coz later one we don't care.

Good that Pakistan acted like a sensible humans instead of like India which shoot down any Pakistan heli/aircraft that come into Indian territory

Or can i chest thump like you in other thread that PAF didn't had the balls to shoot them down ? ;)

Its hard to explain to someone who has not been & operated in those parts but this one time it was a mistake.

These things happen from both sides. back in the days when the LC / IB wasn't fenced it wasn't unusual for patrols to bump into each other or jeeps moving along the service track straying across. This happened more during monsoons & snow.

Pak handled it very well. However, there is reason to believe they too were taken by surprise . This stands corroborated by the nature & type of immediate reception the chopper got on landing.

you guys are scared man.. only talk big and like women send terrorists. we just shoot if you guys stray.
if you shot our stray chopper then all hell will rain down upon you, not that its not already.

@nick_indian

Did I say anything wrong? Did I say personal insult? Did I abuse any nationality? No.

Back
Top Bottom