What's new

Featured Anatolian Eagle 2021 - JF-17 To Pitch Against Rafale and Vipers

Point of these exercises is not winning or losing, its all about training and learning new tactics. Main work starts when you come back from the exercises and evaluate and then implement these experiences in your training regimen.

Four Qatari Rafales have arrived for the exercise.

1623950926781.png

Four Qatari Rafales have arrived for the exercise.

View attachment 754325

Has anyone dared to venture to an Indian Defence Forum? Are they all having kittens now that the secrets of the Rafale against the JF17 will be exposed to PAF during the exercises making them useless for the IAF ? 8-)

Has anyone dared to venture to an Indian Defence Forum? Are they all having kittens now that the secrets of the Rafale against the JF17 will be exposed to PAF during the exercises making them useless for the IAF ? 8-)
NO, their rafale is fitted with techlology that even the frogs don't use. so it will be a version better than the frogie and qatari combined.

if you are wondering what tech indians will have then the answer will be found in Mahabharata!
I'm sure Pakistan will straight away share the results of these exercises with China to help figure out strategies against rival fighters.

if Turkey would have had the F-35 and let this fighter join in then these exercises would have been like a treasure trove for China. though I guess even if Turkey were to get the F-35 the US would only give it on the condition the F-35 would never participate in such exercises with Pakistan.
what's with the intentional insult?

Next time Modi will have an excuse......Agar Pakistan Rafale ko Ankh na marta tu nateeja kuch aur hota.

Pakistan is already well aware of the IAF capabilities including rafales.
Pakistan wants to assess the true performance of JF-17 verses rafales so that strategy cope with India should be immaculate, if there is any deficiency, it may be tackled before going to thrash IAF. For Pakistan It will be just a normal little addition in JF-17 in comming Block. If the diffrence is too much to haqndle Pakistanwill surely opt to induct a new plateform to maintain its edge over india.
Rest assured, we will always have a surprise for Indians.

I don’t think you understand even the basic concept of the Jf-17, like so so many others who start laying out their dreams and wishes without understanding why the JF-17 is a good aircraft.

The JF-17 is not meant to be the best aircraft in any metric, if Pakistan wanted it could make something as good as the Rafale with China, very very easily. But then we would have an aircraft that costs 140 million USD per unit and we can only get like 30 of them, while our requirement is of over 200 aircraft to replace older types. The JF-17 was literally designed to be as cheap as bloody possible, while also being a potent modern platform, it quite literally offers 80% of an F-16s capability at 1/4th the cost, what more do you want out of the thing?! You can’t expect a dual-engine air superiority fighter for 25 mil. Please be realistic.

a single JF-17 isn’t better than a bigger aircraft like an EF or a Rafale, but you get 5 JFs for the cost of one Rafale, now tell me which is the better option for the PAF which also has to manage funds so meticulously.
The PAF needs a decently capable aircraft in large numbers, which is what the JF-17 is. For harder tasks we have our F-16s and another more potent platform on the way. The PAF brass know what they’re doing, let them handle it.

Moreover your platform doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to use it correctly. A JF-17 in the PAFs hands is already better than half the IAFs fleet apart from their SU30s (wonder how that fared on the 27th…) and Rafales.

and lastly, please don’t judge an aircrafts performance based off an air-show video. It’s just not going to tell you the full story.
nd another more potent platform on the way
ehmmm

I don’t think you understand even the basic concept of the Jf-17, like so so many others who start laying out their dreams and wishes without understanding why the JF-17 is a good aircraft.

The JF-17 is not meant to be the best aircraft in any metric, if Pakistan wanted it could make something as good as the Rafale with China, very very easily. But then we would have an aircraft that costs 140 million USD per unit and we can only get like 30 of them, while our requirement is of over 200 aircraft to replace older types. The JF-17 was literally designed to be as cheap as bloody possible, while also being a potent modern platform, it quite literally offers 80% of an F-16s capability at 1/4th the cost, what more do you want out of the thing?! You can’t expect a dual-engine air superiority fighter for 25 mil. Please be realistic.

a single JF-17 isn’t better than a bigger aircraft like an EF or a Rafale, but you get 5 JFs for the cost of one Rafale, now tell me which is the better option for the PAF which also has to manage funds so meticulously.
The PAF needs a decently capable aircraft in large numbers, which is what the JF-17 is. For harder tasks we have our F-16s and another more potent platform on the way. The PAF brass know what they’re doing, let them handle it.

Moreover your platform doesn’t matter if you don’t know how to use it correctly. A JF-17 in the PAFs hands is already better than half the IAFs fleet apart from their SU30s (wonder how that fared on the 27th…) and Rafales.

and lastly, please don’t judge an aircrafts performance based off an air-show video. It’s just not going to tell you the full story.

I know all what you have written and I have been saying the same at various threads & in various comments, maybe you haven't noticed my previous remarks. I am just responding to people claiming that our JF is "so great" that PAF is pitching it against Rafale and the video that I have quoted. I'm simply saying it isn't, it can't be, and yes it wasn't design to be. Plus it has a weak engine, as seen in the air shows. It isn't very agile even without any load on it. Add 4000Kgs of fuel and bombs on it and it would really become a sitting duck. JF can't be used on deep penetration bombarding, its just an interceptor. Small fuel tank, less load carrying capability, only 7 hard points. This means if we try to send it for deep penetration and bombardment, your jet will carry 2 x Fuel tanks, 2 x SD10s, 2 x glided bombs, 1 x optical pod for stealth and saving detection time. Hence after doing its bombardment mission, it would be low on fuel and will be carrying just 2 SD10s to defend itself! Even the gun it has is pretty basic and not good! Just 2 shots at enemy and then you are done! can't fight, can't run too fast or you will finish you fuel! If it is intercepted on the way back by more than 1 enemy aircraft, JF is gone. Hence its just a support fighter. We literally have only 75 F16s as of now(Even in these we know not all are high tech). Add 135+ JFs for defending our airspace and forget the rest of the crapy F7s and mirages.

We are lucky that our adversary itself is crappy and has an obsolete fleet. Otherwise the best we have are 18 block 52 F16s.

main-qimg-b1161a6d718ce0bc1ca5e08c3b4ca8b3.jpg

Apparently according to the French journalist, embedded with Charles de Gaulle , even PAF Mirages held on to their *** when they had the opportunity to exercise with French naval Rafales as far back as in 2006. So don't just write off JF-17 just yet.

The link doesn't say they said that. But I'd assume after kicking the butt down of old mirages, they will say such things for good sportsman spirit. What else? You expect them to be laughing and making faces to us? :omghaha: hehe.. whoever made such statements, I will take it with a grain of salt. The mirages are so bad, listen to what Mr. Kaiser Tufail has to say about them in his interview to "aircraft interview" youtube channel. They bleed lift and energy like crazy, he isn't a fan of delta wing design. They were good in their times but off course not now.

Last edited:
The link doesn't say they said that. But I'd assume after kicking the butt down of old mirages, they will say such things for good sportsman spirit. What else? You expect them to be laughing and making faces to us? :omghaha: hehe.. whoever made such statements, I will take it with a grain of salt. The mirages are so bad, listen to what Mr. Kaiser Tufail has to say about them in his interview to "aircraft interview" youtube channel. They bleed lift and energy like crazy, he isn't a fan of delta wing design. They were good in their times but off course not now.
WORD.

With Jf17 there, we ain't going for some competition but humbly, will try to extract as much information regarding rafales as we can in a high tech warfare environment which will be staged in this Turkish exercise. Enough said.

Back
Top Bottom