What's new

Analysis of Block-2, Block-3 and IRST details

what about stealth feature ?
it would e more steathier than blk 2 as their would be new dsi intakes and more than 40% use of composites
it could be a stealth plane because some of the feature such as internal bays
i would predict its rcs as 0.1m2

I do not think the PAF will opt for an integrated solution built into the airframe, the JF-17 is too small (which is the reason the PAF opted for a fixed in-flight refuelling probe). Moreover, a solution built into the airframe will add to the per-unit cost of the fighter, the PAF would probably prefer being able to buy the pods separately and allocate them according to the needs of specific JF-17 units

my opinion is is it difficult to develop a small size IRST able to fit inside JF-17 air frame instead of sacrificing any hard point/space could be use for carrying more weapons or fuel .

The prime reason for creation of JF17 thunder was to fill the needs of PAF then export to other countries and more then 50 JF17 thunder are inducted in PAF and also Block-II . PAF is only Air Force in the world who producing the fighter aircraft .
Scorpion's co manufacturer two commercial companies Textron and AirLand Enterprises are trying to export their aircraft to other countries but they still in marketing phase and waiting for order to start production.

Will all these changes JF 17 will become mk2, a totally new beast

PAF should produce 56 JF 17's a year to get a big lead/edge in delivering a 4th generation fighter jet, if PAF is going to aquire 20 jets per year then PAF could pursue sales and supply 6 countries with half a squadron each year which is enough for gradual transition.

I simply can't understand why production of fighter jets is intentionally limited, as if they want to sell them.

Hi,

Waiting for the final decision on the electronic warfare package---which way to go---chinese, italian or someone else----possibly the ws13 engine.

The AirLand-Textron Scorpion is meant for countries with no serious air defence needs. If the extent of your neighbours' air forces is random Cessna planes and UAVs, then yes, Scorpion is a superb choice. These low powered platforms make for excellent CAS and COIN aircraft too, especially with their low operational costs.

But if you do have adversaries with multi-role fighters, which is the case in much of Latin America and Asia, then the JF-17 is definitely worth considering, especially if your ties with the West is shaky. While Argentina did choose the Kfir, I do think they'll give the JF-17 another look once Block-3 rolls around the corner, and I believe Ecuador, Peru and others will give it a serious shot by then as well. I think the Eastern and Central European states have some potential too, at least if we can roll out a Block-3 using Western subsystems (and ideally engine).

I think Latin America is more interested in Russian fighters like MiG-35s, SU-30s, SU-35s and PAK-FA then any other Chinese fighters.

Back
Top Bottom