What's new

An Insight into Al-Khalid II MBT.

Black tank at the back, seven roadwheels, larger turret, slanted hull and back. The schematics of Al khalid 2..

Screenshot_2018-02-21-01-41-42.png

I know, pointing towards the politicians who have money in every budget for new model cars but when it comes to promoting defence research they immediately become champions of austerity.

Swiss accounts, surrey palace, Evan field apartments, Bahamas, Long Island etc etc. ;)

Every MoDP report be like....

True, but the reason i quoted this bit is that the R&D of AK-2 is nearing completion. Expected to be completed by year end.

Looks like a turret mounted on top of customized M-113 body.

IF this is indeed the design, it is actually good for a couple of reasons.

The slopped hull reminds me Challenger-2, which is considered by many to have the best frontal protection of all mbts. Of course, other features like composite materials also matter.

The frontal slopped hull front will help deflecting the kinetic energy rounds to some extent, a design Russians have been using on their mbts for decades. The rear hull will likely provide more space for housing 1500hp engines like 6td-3e or others.

True, but the reason i quoted this bit is that the R&D of AK-2 is nearing completion. Expected to be completed by year end.

IF this is indeed the design, it is actually good for a couple of reasons.

The slopped hull reminds me Challenger-2, which is considered by many to have the best frontal protection of all mbts. Of course, other features like composite materials also matter.

The frontal slopped hull front will help deflecting the kinetic energy rounds to some extent, a design Russians have been using on their mbts for decades. The rear hull will likely provide more space for housing 1500hp engines like 6td-3e or others.

is it confirmed that we will be using 6TD-3 1500 HP engine from Ukraine ? i thought that engine was connected to Oplot - M deal which seems to be in downfall ..

Back
Top Bottom