What's new

An Insight into Al-Khalid II MBT.

Explosive reactive armour which is the most common type we are using.
As far as what I have learnt till now that Reactive armour also has following variations:
-Self limiting explosive reactive armour(SLERA)
-Non energetic reactive armour(NERA)
-Non-Explosive reactive armour(NxRA)
Unlike ERA and SLERA, NERA and NxRA can withstand multiple hits!?
I guess,that we need to work upon that!

NXRA and NERA offer repeated but less protection as they are not consumed on impact, ERA and SLERA offer more protection but consumed after one or sometimes, several hits. However, AK composite armour is known to have atleast two layers of NERA (rubber or some other composite) material.

NXRA and NERA offer repeated but less protection as they are not consumed on impact, ERA and SLERA offer more protection but consumed after one or sometimes, several hits. However, AK composite armour is known to have atleast two layers of NERA (rubber or some other composite) material.

NERA and NXRA are completely safe to handle,since their inner layers are not explosive itself and they are lighter,also they cannot be defeated by 'Tandem warhead' shaped charges.
Where as ERA are comparatively are dangerous to handle and that is why a sort of distance is maintained.:D

NERA and NXRA are completely safe to handle,since their inner layers are not explosive itself and they are lighter,also they cannot be defeated by 'Tandem warhead' shaped charges.
Where as ERA are comparatively are dangerous to handle and that is why a sort of distance is maintained.:D

NERA and NXRA are part of composite structure and are stored inside the turret cavity, ERA/SLERA are for external protection. Both have different roles.

t72bbazakolorki.jpg

Welcome back paa g

@Dazzler

no clue on AK-2, all i know that there were one or two prototypes developed at HIT couple of years ago, what is their current status? no idea.

there are many weapon systems in army arsenal that we have no idea about, and i mean MANY !!
As far as i know they were tested in sindh on peak of summer season 2013.

8ab9a686c9177f3e6fbb912871cf3bc79e3d56fc.jpg
it seems that all of u underestimate the 125APFSDs we have sold to u pk many years ago,frankly the first time i saw this picture was 2005.
meanwhile the T90S india owned was equal to obj 187,which can not even defense 3bm42 without era.My friends,u should not compare t90S to T90AorAM,as it was thought to be the expand type of OBJ 188. sorry iam still improving my english

cb230f0b28381f30767da71ea9014c086e06f034.jpg

actually there is no gap for PRC to sell u those APFSDS of 230mm/68.5deg.from where i stand ,i suppose the new 99a —the bran-new type that 38th army got several months ago—will be sent to equip ur army in front in emergency

Last edited:
@Bilal.
i do appreciate ur encourage of my eng . basically i can not express myself correctly in terms of military tech since i hardly use those complex n professional noun and phrases in daily eng learning.
what's more my french is far worse than my eng...........
d0a5b21c8701a18bb3b5a2129e2f07082938fe86.jpg
fc9ecf1b9d16fdfa60449658b48f8c5495ee7bc9.jpg
I guess those pics would not fail to fascinated u

View attachment 12074 it seems that all of u underestimate the 125APFSDs we have sold to u pk many years ago,frankly the first time i saw this picture was 2005.
meanwhile the T90S india owned was equal to obj 187,which can not even defense 3bm42 without era.My friends,u should not compare t90S to T90AorAM,as it was thought to be the expand type of OBJ 188. sorry iam still improving my english

View attachment 12075
actually there is no gap for PRC to sell u those APFSDS of 230mm/68.5deg.from where i stand ,i suppose the new 99a —the bran-new type that 38th army got several months ago—will be sent to equip ur army in front in emergency

info already present in AK info pool thread :)

Back
Top Bottom