What's new

'An entire generation lost': How China is separating Muslim, ethnic minorities from their children.

You didn't answer my question. What if there's law in Islamic country that teaching Arabic and Quran is compulsory for all children under 18? It will be enforced by the govt

Will Chinese migrant workers and employees send their children to this school?
Chinese should be taught in Chinese schools, what's wrong with it? I don't know about your India, People send their kids in boarding schools in China is a common practice.

Chinese should be taught in Chinese schools, what's wrong with it? I don't know about your India, People send their kids in boarding schools in China is a common practice.
What language is Chinese? Is it Mandarin or Cantonese or is it uighyur or Tibetan?

In India there's respect for regional languages. Regionals language is taught along other subjects. Medium of instruction is choice of parents. Be it hindi english or the other 22 official languages of Republic of India

What language is Chinese? Is it Mandarin or Cantonese or is it uighyur or Tibetan?

In India there's respect for regional languages. Regionals language is taught along other subjects. Medium of instruction is choice of parents. Be it hindi english or the other 22 official languages of Republic of India
India is India,but German schools will teach German and Russian school will teach Russian, Japanese and Korean schools will teach Japanese and Koreans. They may have different languages spoken by different ethnic groups but they all need to learn their official language, it's common sense in most countries, maybe not in India though.

Besides, don't set India as a good example for fairness and equality, do away with your caste system first.

Maybe this OP report also refers to 内地新疆班, many best middle and high schools in major Chinese cities have Xinjiang classes and Tibetan classes, this program which is design to enroll top students from underdeveloped Xinjiang and Tibet to come to the best schools in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen..to get the top notch education and teaching facilities in the country has been around for decades, it's never a new thing.

India is India,but German schools will teach German and Russian school will teach Russian, Japanese and Korean schools will teach Japanese and Koreans. They may have different languages spoken by different ethnic groups but they all need to learn their official language, it's common sense in most countries, maybe not in India though.

Besides, don't set India as a good example for fairness and equality, do away with your caste system first.

Why force the Han mandarin language on cantonese speakers? Uighyur speakers? Mongolian speakers? Hmong speakers? Tibetan speakers?

Why can't schools and government function in these languages in areas where they are spoken? It's not a big ask...

Okay you cite Russian German examples. Russian government has 6 official languages
Russian
Ukrainian
Azerbaijani
Tatar
Chuvash
Tuvin

Why force the Han mandarin language on cantonese speakers?
Cantonese is a Chinese dialect, China has hundreds of those dialects, many of them are unintelligble to each other, that's why we all need to learn Mandarin Chinese, even me from Beijing has to learn Mandarin which in many ways different from my Beijing dialect 北京土话。
We make our own laws, we don't need Indians to teach us what we should do.

Cantonese is a Chinese dialect, China has hundreds of those dialects, many of them are unintelligble to each other, that's why we all need to learn Mandarin Chinese, even me from Beijing has to learn Mandarin which in many ways different from my Beijing dialect 北京土话。
We make our own laws, we don't need Indians to teach us what we should do.

Uighyur speakers? Mongolian speakers? Hmong speakers? Tibetan speakers? You forgot about them. Together they're like 20 million people.

People can be bilingual or trilingual. I can speak 3 languages. Hindi English and Punjabi fluently. Student can study mandarin as well as their native language. How hard is it to understand? What you're doing is undermining regional languages for some weird notion that everyone should speak Mandarin or they won't be able to live in China.

You want to follow Russians who have SIX official languages.

Uighyur speakers? Mongolian speakers? Hmong speakers? Tibetan speakers? You forgot about them. Together they're like 20 million people.

People can be bilingual or trilingual. I can speak 3 languages. Hindi English and Punjabi fluently. Student can study mandarin as well as their native language.
Did you check the video at all, that's exactly what we are doing. better read through the previous posts and then comment.

Did you check the video at all, that's exactly what we are doing. better read through the previous posts and then comment.

Can you kindly give me statistics on how many trilingual or bilingual schools exist in China? And where are they mostly located? Thanks.

Good to know. Regional languages should be preserved

Can you kindly give me statistics on how many trilingual or bilingual schools exist in China? And where are they mostly located? Thanks.

Good to know. Regional languages should be preserved
It's not my job and you can go there to find them by yourself if you are so much interested. One thing is for sure, both Xinjiang and Tiebetan kids can enjoy free education, school meals, medicare, daily diary and accomodation from kingdergarten to high school, they live a better and healthier life than you average Indian kids.

It's not my job and you can go there to find them by yourself if you are so much interested. One thing is for sure, both Xinjiang and Tiebetan kids can enjoy free education, school meals, medicare, daily diary and accomodation from kingdergarten to high school, they live a better and healthier life than you average Indian kids.

Google search shoes most are from Hong Kong. Hong Kong isn't exactly China. They have democracy and rights whereas mainland doesn't.

The topic isn't about Indian kids. Don't deflect from the issue just cos your one propoganda video didn't work in your favour.

Google search shoes most are from Hong Kong. Hong Kong isn't exactly China. They have democracy and rights whereas mainland doesn't.

The topic isn't about Indian kids. Don't deflect from the issue just cos your one propoganda video didn't work in your favour.
If you want to find you can go there yourself, I m just stating the truth, since you are an Indian, all I can tell you is they have a luckier childhood than you average Indian kids. who do you expect me to compare them to?

If you want to find you can go there yourself, I m just stating the truth, since you are an Indian, all I can tell you is they have a luckier childhood than you average Indian kids. who do you expect me to compare them to?

Luckier doesn't always mean more money and facilities. They don't have basic freedoms which many Indians take for granted.

Indian urban kids have better facilities and luxuries than many developed countries. But the rural areas are really fucked up for sure.

Luckier doesn't always mean more money and facilities. They don't have basic freedoms which many Indians take for granted.

Indian urban kids have better facilities and luxuries than many developed countries. But the rural areas are really fucked up for sure.
Is New Delh considered urban?

Any religious sect that justifies Uighur terrorism for alleged "unequal treatment" (which does not exist at all) is extremists by the Chinese definition.
Ever gave it a thought that if you cant think for yourself then by definition you are brainwashed be it at national level or individual level....

If your own children are not ripped apart from you but from the Uighur Muslims just because they have a different religion than you...Then by definition that is inequality and a low standard index...You can build all the high rise you want but if you cant give equal treatment and mistreat a portion of your population then you are no different than terrorists who hurt/ harm people coz of a brainwashed theory!

Extremists will be crushed because Beijing has the might to enforce its will. If terrorist and their sympathizers want to be extremist, they can do it elsewhere -- not in China.
Extremists sure...But locals who do nothing and just go for pilgrimage or visit Turkey or even just practice their religion seem to be attacked...Attacking the weak is not showing might but showing EXACTLY how weak you are that you cant tolerate another religion!

If China let Muslims have a free run it would be end up like India.

Good Job China!!

Back
Top Bottom