What's new

An Appeal Against the Bloodshed

Joe Shearer

PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
India
I want to publish an appeal put up by some of us, mostly Kashmiri, with a few outsiders like me, addressed to all in Kashmir to stop the bloodshed and violence and give peace a chance. Please join in, brothers and sisters, and stop the meaningless loss of lives. Here is the URL.

@WAJsal , you were annoyed that we did not first ask the stronger party to step back, and to give the weaker party some space to vent their anguished feelings. Please look at how we have addressed the appeal, and see for yourself if we have worded it for the occasion or not. Please join us, and persuade other well-intentioned friends to join us.

http://scroll.in/article/811603/cit...th-more-than-the-life-of-a-fellow-human-being

A post by a very courageous soul will highlight some of the concern and pain that we feel:

How unfortunate it is that some of us are glorifying deaths. 'He died a Hero' they say.
Well, what do you mean by 'Death of a Hero'?

You know what happens when you die? You rot like any other dead organism underneath that soil!

The kids who should be at schools are pelting stones on roads losing their limbs, eyes and even their lives. Is this the way to be heard? Why not resort to pen & notebooks to be heard, instead?

People on internet including me, don't step out of their comfort zones & talk big by posting stuff on social media. We think we are doing our part because let us admit that we don't have the courage to step out of our houses amidst this violence.
But why should I? I am person who loves life & doesn't want to die an unnatural death. Is that what you call 'being a coward'? Then I admit to being a coward. I respect the fact that 'Life is a gift of God' and I've to protect it as long as I can.
You know what's the greatest of Jihad? Taking care of your parents & family, supporting them, bearing their responsibility.

You're being an escapist if you're leaving them like this & preferring the much glorified 'Death of a Hero'.

A police driver was drowned in river Jehlum in a police vehicle recently by an angry uncontrollable mob. Is that fair? You took somebody's father, you took somebody's child, somebody's brother..rendered somebody's wife a widow. He was a poor driver who was bound by duty...driving police vehicle for a salary of 5000/- What difference did his death make to the struggle?

A police man's family was beaten by an angry mob that barged into his house while he was away. Is it justified?
So many offices and public properties have been destroyed in the process. Who's property are you destroying? Who will suffer once the protests are over?

A nurse walked miles, all the way from Tangmarg to Srinagar to save the lives of those critically injured admitted in the hospital. I salute her. These are the kind of people we should be celebrating.

Human life is very very precious, be it of the teenager pelting stones or of the soldier bound by orders or of the cops performing their duties.

In this era where we should be celebrating human life and honour and realising the importance of youth for the growth of a society, we're witnessing youngsters taking bullets in their heads and chest!

Already 35 are dead and hundreds critically injured. Some agencies are further adding fuel to the fire. Including some pricks in my friend list who are suggesting measures to wipe out an entire population of protestors and urging the Government to declare an emergency...others suggesting to convert it into a freedom struggle!

Honestly, later everyone will resume their normal lives but the damage to the lives and property would mark a dent in common man's life.

It's not late to get back to normal. No more critically injured humans please, no more deaths please!

After killing 35+ people including kids & hundreds of them injured, calling for "peace" is like mocking your own self.

:disagree:

Instead of petition, try not to elect a butcher as your PM next time ......
Because slaughter is done by Indian Terrorists forces, not by those who are using bricks of their own houses against grenades & bullets ...... :angry:

Respect decision of People of Kashmir and every issue will resolve ......

There is absolutely no need for such petition topi drama or other similar lollipop......
May I remind you that The PREVIOUS TWO episodes of large scale violence have
happened when the MOST PACIFIST person was the PM ie Man Mohan SIngh

These two episodes happened in 2008 and 2010

That time the EXCUSE was that Indian PM is a weak man

And he will announce concessions ; but no such thing happened

All that he did was send an ALL party delegation ; Form a Committee whose report
is gathering dust

Now coming to the present

The thing is that Kashmiris should NOT indulge in violence

Other wise the Indian STATE can reply with massive and brutal violence

And the present Govt will NOT even send any peace delegation

It will send in MORE soldiers

STOP the violence or just keep suffering

Already 35 are dead and hundreds critically injured. Some agencies are further adding fuel to the fire. Including some pricks in my friend list who are suggesting measures to wipe out an entire population of protestors and urging the Government to declare an emergency...
As i said before the stronger party is to be blamed for the bloodshed, after killing 35 and injuring 400 plus you expect folks to stay at home and relax. They will just come out and do the same thing they have suffered, it's only a logical thing to do. Any human being will come out and look for revenge, only one party is to be blamed for all this mess and it's the Indian forces and government.
Secondly, even now the Indian government and forces should be urged to cool down not the locals, this is what you should be urging to do...They are emotional and rightly so, i wonder how we will react if we lose our family members in such manner.
How about working to look for a permanent solution?

Worst part: A good number of Indians would be bothered with any of these killings, and are actually happy that these people were killed. Actually a good number wouldn't be bothered if all of Kashmiri population is wiped. It's about the land not the people. The reaction from Indian public is pathetic and quite embarrassing.

@Arsalan ...

Respect decision of People of Kashmir and every issue will resolve ......

There is absolutely no need for such petition topi drama or other similar lollipop.....

The WILL of people of INDIA is more important than what the Kashmiris want

Kashmir will REMAIN in INDIA ; no matter what

As i said before the stronger party is to be blamed for the bloodshed, after killing 35 and injuring 400 plus you expect folks to stay at home and relax. They will just come out and do the same thing they have suffered, it's only a logical thing to do. Any human being will come out and look for revenge, only one party is to be blamed for all this mess and it's the Indian forces and government.
Secondly, even now the Indian government and forces should be urged to cool down not the locals, this is what you should be urging to do...They are emotional and rightly so, i wonder how we will react if we lose our family members in such manner.

Worst part: A good number of Indians would be bothered with any of these killings, and are actually happy that these people were killed. Actually a good number wouldn't be bothered if all of Kashmiri population is wiped. It's about the land not the people. The reaction from Indian public is pathetic and quite embarrassing.

@Arsalan ...

@WAJsal

Who do you think the people issuing the appeal are? Would you rather listen to us or to the lunatic fringe?

@Arsalan ...

Kashmir has already been CARVED up into three parts ; India Pakistan and China
all have a part of Kashmir

There is NO possibility of any further transfer of land

Borders CANNOT be Changed ; even General Musharraf Admitted that Once

@Joe Shearer A distinguished list of individuals some of whom I am fortunate to know about/follow. Sadly the flow of blood is not looking to abate anytime soon.

Worst part: A good number of Indians would be bothered with any of these killings, and are actually happy that these people were killed. Actually a good number wouldn't be bothered if all of Kashmiri population is wiped. It's about the land not the people.

This part in bold applies in equal measure to Pakistan.

Its about the land & the water that feeds Pakistan.

If it were love for Muslims then wouldnt Pakistan do something about the Shia & countless others who get bombed every now & then.

I think you need to think of another one.

This thread was created with good intent , I can see it slipping as the 'default ' response is kicking in .

Who do you think the people issuing the appeal are? Would you rather listen to us or to the lunatic fringe?

Everybody wants PEACE

If THREE terrorists are eliminated ; what is the need for the locals to show "SUPPORT "
to the dead terrorists

The earlier 2010 violence started AFTER a FAKE encounter

Those soldiers have been punished

This time the people killed were Genuine and certified terrorists

Kashmiri EGO has been hurt because of Burhan Wani who was a POSTER BOY

Back
Top Bottom