What's new

AMRAAM Integration into LCA-Tejas Mk1A

I will not be surprised if Navy selects F-18s as I would like Rafales.

Navy needs more commonality with US Navy as they perceive one common adversary.

Navy Set on F/A-18 So is CCS All deals are Political ones

Dassault Is not even Replied For RFI for IAC-2 carrier deal
While F/A-18 is Already Start testing Compatibility with Indian AC's
https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...-indian-aircraft-carriers/article30766836.ece

Boeing Started Preparation For this deal since 5 years Ago
https://www.boeing.co.in/products-a...efense-space-and-security-in-india/fa-18.page

IN has no Time Like IAF they have To commission INS vikrant by 2022 or 2023

There No Speculation here US Lobby Is pitching F/A-18 for Navy And Airforce which will be entering in Next 2-3 years

We already Getting AIM-120 D in NASAM's

Its Next stage

No it's full of it. Which US lobby? You mean Boeing then yes, the US government and others have more important things to do deal with.
You are getting the AIM missile as part of an air defence system, that doesn't mean the next step is a huge order for F-18's.

India Sooner or Later Goes For F-35 this Integration is For Test bed of American technology

Listen stop making things up on here.

You are getting the AIM missile as part of an air defence system, that doesn't mean the next step is a huge order for F-18's.
I am nothing Making Up here F/A-18 Front end contender For INS Vikrant Which assured Deal
Since IAC-2 is due for commission by 2022

Deck trials Are already commenced fro this year

https://www.thehindu.com/news/natio...-indian-aircraft-carriers/article30766836.ece
https://www.boeing.co.in/products-a...efense-space-and-security-in-india/fa-18.page

I am nothing Making Up here F/A-18 Front end contender For INS Vikrant Which assured Deal
Since IAC-2 is due for commission by 2022

Deck trials Are already commenced fro this year

Yes I did reference Boeing, but just because it's going for tender doesn't mean it's a dead cert. The Rafale has a great deal more going for it from an Indian perspective.

I'm not gonna speculate on whether IN will get Rafale(naval variant) or F18...but as far as cost goes...
IN will probably be better off with Rafale bcuz IAF is already getting it. The naval variant will be very similar to the air force version with only a few differences. So the logistics already established for the IAF Rafales would also carry over for the IN Rafales for the most part. This would be probably better(cost wise) as opposed to getting a whole new type of fighter(F18) and then setting up all the logistics for it separately.
IAF and IN are not known for making wise purchase decisions. So hope for any eventuality that will become a logistical nightmare.

Boeing Already place its logistics in India Boeing started venture With TATA 5 years ago they prepared india PVT players For both MMRCA Navy
And No makes spares And Parts Of Apache's ,P8I ,Chinooks,C-17 etc.

https://www.boeing.co.in/boeing-in-india/tata-boeing-aerospace.page

Americans are Lobbying Heavily And Dassault is nowhere Not even Considered for waiting

IN started Trials on F/A-18 compatibility test with Indian AC's

India Sooner or Later Goes For F-35 this Integration is For Test bed of American technology
That's not how logistics work...for a given aircraft. Just bcuz Boeing already has a presence and connections with local companies and what not for Apache(for example) doesn't mean it translates over to having logistics for F18...
...if IN goes for F18...the cost to set up logistics to support F18 will still be there...things like MRO facilities, spare parts, trained technicians(with experience on F18s), etc. won't just magically appear out of thin air.

This is usually why when militaries make a purchase of fighter jets from another country...the initial cost is relatively larger as compared to acquiring more jets(per jet) later down the line. If India was to purchase 36 more Su30s off the shelf...they would cost India far less than it would cost some country like Pakistan(which doesn't operate those)...and that's mainly due to having to set up logistics from scratch, pilot training, possibly simulators and all the other stuff that goes on.

Last edited:
That's not how logistics work...for a given aircraft. Just bcuz Boeing already has a presence and connections with local companies and what not for Apache(for example) doesn't mean it translates over to having logistics for F18...
...if IN goes for F18...the cost to set up logistics to support F18 will still be there...it won't just magically appear out of thin air.

This is usually why when militaries make a purchase of fighter jets from another country...the initial cost is relatively larger as compared to acquiring more jets(per jet) later down the line. If India was to purchase 36 more Su30s off the shelf...they would cost India far less than it would cost some country like Pakistan(which doesn't operate those)...and that's mainly due to having to set up logistics from scratch, pilot training, possibly simulators and all the other stuff that goes on.
All Will be Done in Partnership With TATA's
Deal is Pecked on 95000 crore 12 billion $

lethal-advanced-affordable-lo-res.jpg

Last edited:
All Will be Do in Partnership With TATA's
View attachment 627437
Yes of course they can utilize the supply chains and build "lifecycle support in partnership with Indian partners"...but that costs money
...money that has already been spent for Rafale(setting up all that)...and makes no sense to spend again for a whole new platform.

As for using indigenous Indian tech in the aircraft...that's just a marketing tactic they are using...dangling a carrot in front of u. I mean sure u can swap out some of the things with their Indian made equivalent...Israel has been doing just that for a while. However that too would cost money...bcuz then it would require testing...
...so the picture u attach proves nothing...the cost is still there. If u r going to counter my point then show me how all of that would come about free of charge.

.money that has already been spent for Rafale(setting up all that)...and makes no sense to spend again for a whole new platform.
Its Indian Navy’s tender for 57 carrier-based fighter
Money Will Come from Navy Capex
We need Newer Platform And A American One For Our Aircraft carrier To assimilate F-35
This Tender is 2 years old For 57 carrier based aircraft
This Not only tender Navy Will float around They floated For Nuclear SSN project P-75I

Its Navy Tender
Money Will Come from Navy Capex
We need Newer Platform And A American One For Our Aircraft carrier
This Tender is 2 years old For 57 aircrafts
This Not only tender Navy Will float around They floated For Nuclear SSN project P-75I
I'm not saying India doesn't have money...I'm saying it will be counterproductive. Since Rafale is already with the IAF...it's more sensible to stick with the same platform...
...but in the end ur money...ur decisions.

Why Will We go war with our major trade partner And Investors ???

Here is the Indian hypocrisy, you pitch yourself against China to west while don't have balls to fight so try to have good economic relationship with them while try to hamper Chinese economic security initiative in Pakistan and around Asia to be US lapdog for advance US tech and power in region.

India will not be able to play like that for long.

I'm not saying India doesn't have money...I'm saying it will be counterproductive. Since Rafale is already with the IAF...it's more sensible to stick with the same platform...
...but in the end ur money...ur decisions.

Dont use such logic when talking about about Indian military procurement. Even in the small arms India will have 3 calibers from 3 different sources. India will easily put geopolitics infront of obvious logic.

Back
Top Bottom