What's new

Amnesty International about Baloch killings in Pakistan

well Baloch are to be blame for that violence, reason they started it, specially the target killing of Non-Balochis in Balochistan cant go for months with out a retalliation. Peace is needed in Balochistan but Balochi themselves have to realise that that war mongering n Greater Balochistan theme is not going to benefit Ordinary people but only to Feudals- who are already making billions in this turmoil.

well Baloch are to be blame for that violence, reason they started it, specially the target killing of Non-Balochis in Balochistan cant go for months with out a retalliation. Peace is needed in Balochistan but Balochi themselves have to realise that that war mongering n Greater Balochistan theme is not going to benefit Ordinary people but only to Feudals- who are already making billions in this turmoil.

I agree. Army operation in Balochistan province is needed to eliminate the BLA. Now is the best time, if we wait any longer BLA will become stronger. So best to eliminate them now when they are weak.

Pakistan army will not just sit quietly while BLA terrorists kill innocent non-balochs in Balochistan province and blow up pipelines.

lest another 71 happens.

The situation in Balochistan province is entirely different from East Pakistan (Bangladesh) in 1971.

First of all, Pakistan army and Pakistan Quom will not tolerate BLA terrorists killing innocent non-balochis in Balochistan province.

Secondly, the total population in East Pakistan (Bangladesh) in 1971 was more than the total population in West Pakistan (Pakistan). Balochistan is the least populated province of Pakistan. Also indian soldiers were also involved in East Pakistan (Bangladesh). East Pakistan (Bangladesh) was always surrounded in all 4 corners by india, we never were attached to East Pakistan (Bangladesh) while all provinces of Pakistan is attached to Balochistan province.

All will be well when Afghan Taliban come back to power in Afghanistan and kick out the damn indians out from their country.

Last edited:
The situation in Balochistan province is entirely different from East Pakistan (Bangladesh) in 1971.
there are striking similarities as well..widespread sense of deprivation, due share in indigenous resources ignored..

First of all, Pakistan army and Pakistan Quom will not tolerate BLA terrorists killing innocent non-balochis in Balochistan province.
so far we have tolerated punjabi killings!!any mentionable responce except the usual rhetoric?

Secondly, the total population in East Pakistan (Bangladesh) in 1971 was more than the total population in West Pakistan (Pakistan). Also indian soldiers were also involved in East Pakistan (Bangladesh). East Pakistan (Bangladesh) was always surrounded in all 4 corners by india, we never were attached to East Pakistan (Bangladesh) while all provinces of Pakistan is attached to Balochistan province.
remember allegations about indian involvement?
u r right here but does this give any confirmation that there wont be any uprising?besides lets assume that there wont b another debacle but an uprising/civil war kind of situation is likely..is it necessary to go till that verge?why not mend our ways when we have time..

All will be well when Afghan Taliban come back to power in Afghanistan and kick out the damn indians out from their country.
i ll consider it height of insanity,with due respect although!!

why not mend our ways when we have time.

And what do you suggest we do? Just sit quitely while BLA terrorists kill innocent non-balochis living in Balochistan and blow up pipelines?

When was the last time you heard of a Baloch being killed in Punjab province just because of his ethnic group?

And what do you suggest we do? Just sit quitely while BLA terrorists kill innocent non-balochis living in Balochistan and blow up pipelines?

When was the last time you heard of a Baloch being killed in Punjab province just because of his ethnic group?
last month i think..the bus incident i presume..

i dont approve of any atrocity by BLA..i am myself a punjabi...
what we need to do is quite simple..for any indigenous uprising there are certain grievances..why not address them?this was the case in east pakistan..the sense of alienation n deprivation has to be ended..
balochistan is the richest province having the poorest people..HDI is pathetic..1 medical college in the whole province..missing people(i know u d strike here, this is not proved, n where is any claim that disproves it,,CJ isnt stupid enough to take suo mot notice of a non-existent thing!! ) dont u think we have denied them their rights?
the politicians have deliberately kept it backward to serve their ends but whats the mistake of balochis?

The question is simple and itself is the answer to it, do we consider Balouchi people as Pakistani's?

As much i am in favor of military operation in Balouchistan, i am against the oppression of Balouchi people.

Give them their rights, give them education, start developement work, construct roads, give the balouchis jobs, concider her an equal province of Pakistan and soon BLA fcukers will have no Balouchis volunteers fighting for them. I know its a lot easier to say than actualy doing it, but we have to start from some where.

Dont mess it up like East Pakistan.

This brahmdas bugti should be killed.. ASAP, bomb the indian embassy in afghanistan in which he is taking refuge.

last month i think..the bus incident i presume..

i dont approve of any atrocity by BLA..i am myself a punjabi...
what we need to do is quite simple..for any indigenous uprising there are certain grievances..why not address them?this was the case in east pakistan..the sense of alienation n deprivation has to be ended..
balochistan is the richest province having the poorest people..HDI is pathetic..1 medical college in the whole province..missing people(i know u d strike here, this is not proved, n where is any claim that disproves it,,CJ isnt stupid enough to take suo mot notice of a non-existent thing!! ) dont u think we have denied them their rights?
the politicians have deliberately kept it backward to serve their ends but whats the mistake of balochis?

BLA are terrorists. They will always kill innocent people no matter what sacrafices Pakistan makes for Baloch people.

Is this the bus incident you are talking about? Well once again innocent Punjabis non-balochis were killed in the hands of BLA terrorists.

bus-608.jpg

Ten people lost their lives in a cold-blooded attack, passengers from Lahore were pulled off a Quetta-bound bus and sprayed with bullets, that was entirely preventable had there been some kind of security measures in place. - File Photo.

The killing of 16 Punjabi ‘settlers’ in Balochistan in two separate incidents on Saturday is a grim reminder that the low-level insurgency in the province is nowhere near an end.

Several points need to be made here. First, why have the provincial government and the security forces failed to provide protection to inter-city buses travelling to and from Balochistan? Ten people lost their lives in a cold-blooded attack — passengers from Lahore were pulled off a Quetta-bound bus and sprayed with bullets — that was entirely preventable had there been some kind of security measures in place. To be sure, it is impossible to provide water-tight security anywhere, least of all in a place like Balochistan. However, the attack on the bus was neither unexpected nor unusual. Better security for the inter-city buses is a must and is not something beyond the capacity of the authorities.

Second, why is the moderate Baloch leadership silent about the violence against those perceived to be outsiders? The silence of mainstream, nationalist voices in Balochistan is only widening the space for the extremists to operate in. True, Baloch moderates themselves feel under threat from the militant extremists in the province, but that does not justify standing by silently as an ethnic purge of Balochistan is attempted through the use of violence and intimidation. There is among certain Baloch leaders a proud history of working inside the Pakistani federation, using peaceful means to correct historic wrongs that have been wrought on the province by ‘centrist’ forces in the state apparatus. Difficult as it may be to speak out openly against the Baloch insurgents today, moderate Baloch leaders need to speak out against the vortex of violence that is dragging the province into an uncertain, volatile future. Third, the noises made by the centre, especially the political government in Islamabad, that Balochistan’s problems will be addressed soon have begun to peter out. The Aghaz-i-Huqooq-i-Balochistan package, the NFC award, the 18th Amendment and various other fiscal measures have all been sensible measures and applauded as such, but they are at best solutions addressing the periphery of the problem in Balochistan today. Little to nothing has come of the central issue of missing persons, with the army insisting there are no missing persons, a position that independent observers and rights groups view with a great deal of scepticism. Moreover, the state does not appear to have a coherent strategy to engage the Baloch in political dialogue, especially the radical elements that have turned to violence. Further delay in addressing those central problems will only deepen the Baloch crisis.

DAWN.COM | Editorial | Baloch killings

Last edited:
The question is simple and itself is the answer to it, do we consider Balouchi people as Pakistani's?

As much i am in favor of military operation in Balouchistan, i am against the oppression of Balouchi people.

Give them their rights, give them education, start developement work, construct roads, give the balouchis jobs, concider her an equal province of Pakistan and soon BLA fcukers will have no Balouchis volunteers fighting for them. I know its a lot easier to say than actualy doing it, but we have to start from some where.

Dont mess it up like East Pakistan.

This brahmdas bugti should be killed.. ASAP, bomb the indian embassy in afghanistan in which he is taking refuge.

BLA will not lay down their arms until Balochistan separates from Pakistan and they are funded by foreign elements.

The army must destroy them like the army destroyed TTP.

Point to note: More balochis live in other parts of Pakistan than in Balochistan!

Problem pf Balochistan i snot BLA but in my view its the Sardari system. That fuedal system shuld be eliminated from Balochistan and also from the South Punjab and Sindh. Pakistan and Fuedalism cant go any more!

All these crimes that we see in Punjab/Sindh and Baluchistan are due to these feudal lords sardars, waderas and choudries backing. People are now aware of it and a tiny percentage is trying to fight them off, A truly people's Govt will over power these leeches and bring an end to such system but for now it is very hard.

Back
Top Bottom