What's new

Amir Khan rules out Floyd Mayweather fight after beating Luis Collazo

faisal6309

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
251257-aamirkhan-1399182995-657-640x480.jpg

عامر خان ایک برس بعد باکسنگ رنگ میں اترے تھے فوٹو: رائٹرز
لاس ویگاس: پاکستانی نژاد برطانوی باکسر عامر خان امریکی مکے باز لوئس ’’کولازو‘‘ کو ہرا کر ویلٹر ویٹ چیمپئین بن گئے۔

امریکی شہر لاس ویگاس میں ہونے والے اس مقابلے میں عامر خان پہلے راؤنڈ سے ہی اپنے حریف پر حاوی رہے اور تقریبا ہر راؤنڈ میں انھوں نے اپنے حریف پر برتری حاصل کی۔ صرف آٹھویں راؤنڈ میں کولازو نے عامر کے خلاف ایک پوائنٹ زیادہ حاصل کیا۔ 12ویں راؤنڈ میں عامر اپنے مخالف کے تابڑ توڑ حملوں پر گرے بھی لیکن انہوں نے پوائنٹس نہیں گنوائے۔ عامر کے لئے 10واں راؤنڈ بہت سود مند ثابت ہوا جس میں انھوں نے 3 پوائنٹس زیادہ حاصل کئے۔ 12 راؤنڈز تک کسی بھی باکسر نے ہمت نہ ہاری جس پر فیصلہ پوائنٹس کی بنیاد پر کیا گیا۔ عامر خان کو تمام ججوں نے کامیاب قرار دیا۔ دو ججوں نے انھیں 104 کے مقابلے میں 119 پوائنٹس دیئے جبکہ ایک جج نے انہیں 106 کے مقابلے 117 پوائنٹس دیئے، اس طرح عامر خان نے عالمی چیمپئن شپ ویلٹر ویٹ کا ٹائیل اپنے نام کرلیا۔

مقابلے کے بعد میڈیا سے بات کرتے ہوئے عامر خان نے کہا کہ وہ اپنی اس کامیابی پر بہت خوش ہیں،کولازو کو شکست دینے کے لئے سخت ٹریننگ کی۔ اس کامیابی پر وہ اپنے کوچنگ اسٹاف، والدین اور مداحوں کا شکریہ ادا کرتے ہیں جنہوں نے ان کی بھرپور حمایت کی۔

واضح رہے کہ دو بارعالمی چیمپيئن رہنے والے پاکستانی نژاد برطانوی باکسر عامر خان ایک برس بعد باکسنگ رنگ میں اترے تھے اور ویلٹر ویٹ کیٹیگری میں یہ ان کا پہلا مقابلہ تھا۔

باکسرعامر خان ’’لوئس کولازو‘‘ کو ہرا کر ویلٹر ویٹ چیمپئن بن گئے – ایکسپریسس اردو

IN ENGLISH

Khan rules out Money maker
Brit beats Collazo on points as Floyd trumps Maidana

S
khan2_1971516a.jpg

By PAT SHEEHAN in Las Vegas
Published: 12 minutes ago

AMIR KHAN ruled out at September fight against Floyd Mayweather after he made an impressive welterweight debut at the MGM Grand Hotel.
Khan beat Luis Collazo on points — after coming desperately close to stopping the former world welterweight champion — who was put on the canvas THREE times.

To read more of this article sign up for Sun+ today.

Amir Khan rules out Floyd Mayweather fight after beating Luis Collazo | The Sun |Sport|Boxing

Amir Khan back to his brilliant best with dominant win over Luis Collazo in Vegas

Mission accomplished for Amir Khan. At least so far as he can do the job himself.

It is up to Floyd Mayweather now whether he meets the challenge of Britain’s high-speed fighter but there was support for Khan’s claim from large tranches of the American boxing public.

Khan did all he could with a huge, unanimous points victory over another former world champion, Luis Collazo.

VIDEO Scroll down to watch Khan: I've proven myself at 147 by defeating Collazo

article-0-1D8ECC0C00000578-778_634x417.jpg

Dominant: Amir Khan (left) looked impressive as he beat Luis Collazo in Las Vegas

article-2619829-1D8EF5A200000578-744_634x423.jpg

Take that: Khan showed his inactivity was nothing to worry about as he controlled the fight

article-2619829-1D8EF38600000578-620_634x414.jpg

Take that: Collazo failed to live up to pre-fight expectations and never had Khan in serious trouble
The only round he lost was the one in which they were both docked points.

In the other 11 he outsped, outboxed, out-thought and reduced to a shambling wreck a man good enough to have knocked out Victor Oritz in two rounds in his previous fight.

Capture.PNG

In one of those rounds, the 10th, he floored Collazo twice and was only denied a stoppage by the bell which saved his opponent. Earlier, in the fourth, he had dropped Collazo with sharp right and came close to repeating the feat with a wicked left hook moments later.

For a first fight at full welterweight this was an impressive performance by Khan.

When, at the end, he reiterated on the ring microphone his wish to fight Floyd Mayweather, most of the crowd in the sold-out MGM Grand Garden Arena roared their approval.

Mr Money must have heard that from his dressing room, where he was waiting to follow Khan into the ring for his bill-topper against Marcos Maidana.

‘Floyd is a great fighter,’ said Khan. But I think I showed I have the skills and the speed to give him a lot of problems.’

Not that there could be much quibbling with performance which earned him a 118-105 victory on my card, with the three judges more or less in accord.

HTML:
<iframe frameborder="0" width="698" height="503" scrolling="no" id="molvideoplayer" title="MailOnline Embed Player" src="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/embed/video/1093454.html" ></iframe>

article-2619829-1D8EEC8E00000578-459_634x415.jpg

One sided: Khan had Collazo down three times on his way to an impressive win in Las Vegas
Khan, after a year waiting in vain for the promised fight with Mayweather to take place here this weekend, he is back with a bang.

If the memory of two consecutive defeats was not totally erased, the way Khan balanced attack with defence will have eased concerns for his vulnerability when caught with heavy punches.

All the months in the gym of his latest trainer, Virgil Hunter, paid off with a composed, orderly display of boxing from within which he launched punishing attacks whenever the openings presented themselves.

Khan racked up round after round, in the process frustrating Collazo so much that he took the desperate measure of dropping his hands in hope of luring Khan onto a sucker punch.

Apart from one left, from which Khan recovered quickly, all he got for his trouble was a beating.,

Collazo was docked a point for desperate low blow in the eight, but so was Khan for holding as he proved he could fight rough if needs be.

Astonishingly, the referee failed to deduct another point for disgraceful, deliberate low blow in the last round. Then he tried to hurry Khan back into action and the man from Bolton had to enforce his own recovery time by dropping to one knee.

Not that the odd point mattered. Khan won by a landslide and, at 27 , his exciting roller coaster career is back on track.

article-2619829-1D8EEBEA00000578-597_634x418.jpg

Winning feeling: Khan is lofted up as he celebrates his win over Collazo

Amir Khan back to his brilliant best with dominant win over Luis Collazo in Vegas | Mail Online

251257-aamirkhan-1399182995-657-640x480.jpg

لاس ویگاس: پاکستانی نژاد برطانوی باکسر عامر خان امریکی مکے باز لوئس ’’کولازو‘‘ کو ہرا کر ویلٹر ویٹ چیمپئین بن گئے۔

امریکی شہر لاس ویگاس میں ہونے والے اس مقابلے میں عامر خان پہلے راؤنڈ سے ہی اپنے حریف پر حاوی رہے اور تقریبا ہر راؤنڈ میں انھوں نے اپنے حریف پر برتری حاصل کی۔ صرف آٹھویں راؤنڈ میں کولازو نے عامر کے خلاف ایک پوائنٹ زیادہ حاصل کیا۔ 12ویں راؤنڈ میں عامر اپنے مخالف کے تابڑ توڑ حملوں پر گرے بھی لیکن انہوں نے پوائنٹس نہیں گنوائے۔ عامر کے لئے 10واں راؤنڈ بہت سود مند ثابت ہوا جس میں انھوں نے 3 پوائنٹس زیادہ حاصل کئے۔ 12 راؤنڈز تک کسی بھی باکسر نے ہمت نہ ہاری جس پر فیصلہ پوائنٹس کی بنیاد پر کیا گیا۔ عامر خان کو تمام ججوں نے کامیاب قرار دیا۔ دو ججوں نے انھیں 104 کے مقابلے میں 119 پوائنٹس دیئے جبکہ ایک جج نے انہیں 106 کے مقابلے 117 پوائنٹس دیئے، اس طرح عامر خان نے عالمی چیمپئن شپ ویلٹر ویٹ کا ٹائیل اپنے نام کرلیا۔

مقابلے کے بعد میڈیا سے بات کرتے ہوئے عامر خان نے کہا کہ وہ اپنی اس کامیابی پر بہت خوش ہیں،کولازو کو شکست دینے کے لئے سخت ٹریننگ کی۔ اس کامیابی پر وہ اپنے کوچنگ اسٹاف، والدین اور مداحوں کا شکریہ ادا کرتے ہیں جنہوں نے ان کی بھرپور حمایت کی۔

واضح رہے کہ دو بارعالمی چیمپيئن رہنے والے پاکستانی نژاد برطانوی باکسر عامر خان ایک برس بعد باکسنگ رنگ میں اترے تھے اور ویلٹر ویٹ کیٹیگری میں یہ ان کا پہلا مقابلہ تھا۔

باکسرعامر خان ’’لوئس کولازو‘‘ کو ہرا کر ویلٹر ویٹ چیمپئن بن گئے – ایکسپریسس اردو

IN ENGLISH

Khan rules out Money maker
Brit beats Collazo on points as Floyd trumps Maidana

S
khan2_1971516a.jpg

By PAT SHEEHAN in Las Vegas
Published: 12 minutes ago

AMIR KHAN ruled out at September fight against Floyd Mayweather after he made an impressive welterweight debut at the MGM Grand Hotel.
Khan beat Luis Collazo on points — after coming desperately close to stopping the former world welterweight champion — who was put on the canvas THREE times.

To read more of this article sign up for Sun+ today.

Amir Khan rules out Floyd Mayweather fight after beating Luis Collazo | The Sun |Sport|Boxing

He rules out only for September this year due to Ramzan falling, Fight might take place in early 2015.

Amir Khan becomes welterweight champion, outclassing Luis Collazo

10273553_889012897782404_1521419688763783996_n.jpg

Amir Khan (L) of Britain connects on Luis Collazo of the US during their welterweight fight at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. PHOTO: REUTERS

LAS VEGAS: British-Pakistani boxer Amir Khan earned the silver welterweight title after outclassing former titleholder Luis Collazo in an impressive win at the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Saturday night, ESPN reported.

This was Khan’s first fight for the welterweight title and he won it by unanimous decision on the undercard. Khan, a former unified junior welterweight titlist, had stepped into the arena after a year-long hiatus from boxing.

He won the match scoring three knockdowns and outboxing Collazo with 119-104, 119-104 and 117-106. However, the match wasn’t without some worrisome moments, the ESPN report said.

Khan hoped his victory would be enough of a statement to put himself against undefeated welterweight Flyod Mayweather Jr in the next fight. On Saturday night, Mayweather had bypassed him and had elected to fight Marcos Maidana instead.

Mayweather’s victory against Maidana has set him up for either a possible rematch with Maidana or a showdown against Khan.

“He [Mayweather] is getting older and showing a lot of mistakes that he didn’t used to do. It is a great time to catch him,” said Khan.

Speaking to the media earlier during this week, Khan had said that his next fight would be a “nice present” for his daughter who is soon to be born. “It is a present for everybody. We have so much support in Pakistan as well as all the Muslim people all over the world,” he had said.

Amir Khan becomes welterweight champion, outclassing Luis Collazo – The Express Tribune

Amir khan had a lot to prove in this fight. He was under a lot of pressure, but he stuck to the game plan and fought a smart tactical fight. Congratulations to Amir Khan on a great win against the tough veteran Luis Collazo.

Ali Khan
Digital Engagement Team, USCENTCOM

:hitwall:still waiting for the pacqiao and the mayweather fight.

I don't blame him for not wanting to fight Mayweather. If I were Amir I'd want to enjoy my winnings a little while before Mayweather knocked me out and ends all the fun.

:hitwall:still waiting for the pacqiao and the mayweather fight.

It better happen fast. Manny is on the down slide.

I don't blame him for not wanting to fight Mayweather. If I were Amir I'd want to enjoy my winnings a little while before Mayweather knocked me out and ends all the fun.

After last night's events Mayweather isn't looking to fight anytime soon. Don't blame him.

I had him win the fight, but he looked awful.

Hear the fans boo him.

Back
Top Bottom