Amir confesses of being invovled in spot-fixing: Indian media reports

SpArK

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Amir confesses of being invovled in spot-fixing

aamirsalmanbutt_295.jpg

Lahore: In a startling confession made by ‘tainted’ Pakistan pacer Mohammad Amir, the 19-year old gave out a statement to the Pakistan team management that he was ‘lured’ into the spot-fixing scandal by former skipper Salman Butt.

Amir also confessed that he never wanted to be a part of the fixing-scandal that rocked Pakistan’s Test tour of England, and that he was forced into the scam by Butt, who is also under the fixing scanner.

Ealier, last month, a sting operation by a British tabloid revealed skipper Salman Butt, pacers Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir were involved in spot-fixing during their England tour, and thus, were provisionally suspended by the ICC early this month after being accused of accepting bribes from match-fixers.

The Pakistan team management, however, have continued to deny the charges till date.

But Amir’s revelations have given a different turn to the entire situation.

According to sources, some of Pakistan’s senior players saw Amir meeting with the team’s ODI captain Shahid Afridi, who later took the teary-eyed youngster to team manager Yawar Saeed, and the trio discussed the issue for some time at the team hotel, The News reported.

“Amir told the team management that he wasn’t aware of the gravity of the situation and also claimed that he just followed Butt’s instructions,” revealed a well-placed source.

He added that the 19-year-old bowler told Afridi and Yawar that he did not even know Mazhar Majeed, and was introduced to him by Salman.

“Amir told Afridi as well as the team manager that he was completely unaware of what was going on. He asked them to help him get out of the mess,” claimed the source.

Amir, regarded among the world’s best emerging fast bowlers, has received a lot of sympathy from various quarters, after he was suspended by the ICC following allegations that he and Asif had bowled deliberate no-balls during the fourth Test against England at Lord’s on the orders of match-fixers.

Former greats like England’s Michael Atherton, West Indies’ fast bowler Michael Holding, Australia’s Geoff Lawson, Pakistan’s Ramiz Raja and many others have urged the authorities to show leniency towards the talented young cricketer.

“Whilst I accept, if guilty, there can be no way back for Salman Butt, the captain, or Mohammad Asif, a cricketer who has enjoyed more lives than a cat, I hope the authorities can find a way to give Amir a second chance. He is a victim in this episode,” wrote Atherton, in one of his articles earlier this month.

Amir finally gives in, says skipper Butt ?lured? him to spot-fixing

Match-fixing: Butt forced me to fix, says Amir - News - Cricket Next

Aamer confesses match-fixing - Latest News | Regional & Nation News | Sports News | Entertainment News

Only indian sources are reporting this. Lets see when a pakistani source comes up with the story.

Don't see it on any international news yet... let's see if it pops up.

no problem
Jo hona hai dekha jaye ga

:angry:

Good job aamer. He should be pardoned and the main culprits should be banned for life. :)

Good job aamer. He should be pardoned and the main culprits should be banned for life. :)

Everyone has sympathy for him and now he has taken a big step of rescuing himself from this trouble...i think his career will certainly survive.

Everyone has sympathy for him and now he has taken a big step of rescuing himself from this trouble...i think his career will certainly survive.

but i guess even he wont be pardoned now, all theses days y was he quiet? and now all of a sudden he went to afridi to confess??? did afridiinfluence his thoughts? did afridi promise him that he would be let unharmed or with minimal charges? so many speculations maan!

wana see that Ijaz Booty's face once again, hope atleast now he comes out of his denial mode and shoots himself in his mouth.

by the way former Pakistani cricketer Mr. Sikandar Bakth's interview to Times Now "Aamer is not a kid to be allured or forced in such kind of mal-practices" so shall he be equally faulty for the shamble...

what do u think, what wud be the outcome after his revelations ?:azn:

but i guess even he wont be pardoned now, all theses days y was he quiet? and now all of a sudden he went to afridi to confess??? did afridiinfluence his thoughts? did afridi promise him that he would be let unharmed or with minimal charges? so many speculations maan!

wana see that Ijaz Booty's face once again, hope atleast now he comes out of his denial mode and shoots himself in his mouth.

by the way former Pakistani cricketer Mr. Sikandar Bakth's interview to Times Now "Aamer is not a kid to be allured or forced in such kind of mal-practices" so shall he be equally faulty for the shamble...

what do u think, what wud be the outcome after his revelations ?:azn:

I think the way everyone is supporting him in Pakistan...he will survive.

Maybe banned for a year or two but will certainly make a comeback.We shouldn't forget that he would have been offered some leniency as part of the deal to speak out the truth.

He can easily play the "jawan hu...nadaan hu" card and get away..as i said earlier his career wont end.

But now he has to prove it...for which i am waiting...i really wanna see the proofs.

I think the way everyone is supporting him in Pakistan...he will survive.

Maybe banned for a year or two but will certainly make a comeback.We shouldn't forget that he would have been offered some leniency as part of the deal to speak out the truth.

He can easily play the "jawan hu...nadaan hu" card and get away..as i said earlier his career wont end.

But now he has to prove it...for which i am waiting...i really wanna see the proofs.

:blink: how will he prove it? isnt his statement enough to be called as proof? or even he will not be tried as he confessed of making a mistake but he doesnt have a proof of what he said?

Does anyone think that by accusing that Butt forced him into spot-fixing, Aamir might be trying to save himself from a harsh punishment?

This is interesting, lets see how Butt replies

Back
Top Bottom