What's new

American Rose fights for Pakistani husband

Durran3

Reaction score
ISLAMABAD: Rose, a 32-year-old American woman in Islamabad, is seeking justice for her Pakistani husband, Hasan, who claims that he was detained and tortured by officials of the United States Department of Homeland Security (DHS) before being deported in 2006.

The couple, who have asked that their last names be withheld for security reasons, is currently appealing to the US embassy in Islamabad to review their case so that the family can be repatriated to the US, where Hasan was a legal resident since 2003. They have not filed a lawsuit against Hasan’s detention in the US civilian courts as they cannot afford legal counsel. However, a motion on Hasan’s behalf has been filed in the International Criminal Court by a Florida-based human rights’ campaigner.

Although Hasan has been back in Pakistan since 2006 – Rose and the couple’s two children followed in 2008 – the couple chose not to pursue Hasan’s case earlier because they saw no hope for justice under the former Bush administration. They are now pinning everything on President Barack Obama’s government.

‘I got a phone call from the US embassy today,’ says Rose, eyes shining with excitement in her two-room rented basement house in the capital city. The embassy has acknowledged the case for the first time since Rose’s arrival in Pakistan in January 2008.

‘Before, [the embassy officials] simply told me to leave my husband, just divorce him,’ says Rose. ‘They encouraged me to return to the US with my children and to forget about Hasan.’ She adds that the officials told Rose, a US citizen, that three other US citizens would have to vouch for her on her arrival in the US.

Torturous time

Rose and Hasan’s attempts to return to the US have necessitated a revisiting of Hasan’s detention. Breaking down frequently while recalling the experience, Hasan says that on January 7, 2006, two men from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), a subdivision of the DHS, arrested him and took him to Fayetteville, Arkansas. ‘I was told that I was a criminal, a fugitive and a terrorist. I kept telling them that I had done nothing wrong, but they wouldn’t listen,’ he remembers.

‘I was put in a cell and told to strip. While I was undressing, the taser came out. The agent kept zapping me until I passed out. When I woke up, I was lying on the floor naked and wet. He then started hitting and zapping me.’

Pulling his shirt up, Hasan reveals torture marks that remain visible after four years. His front teeth are missing due to heavy beating and he informs that his left hand remains numb. ‘They kept asking me, what do you know about the 9/11 attackers? Who do you know in Al Qaeda? How much money did you send to the terrorists? What are your plans for bombing the nuclear plants in the US?’

Hasan also recalls being chastised for marrying a white woman and being told by a federal agent that he would ‘make a career’ on Hasan’s case. ‘I kept pleading with them that you’ve got the wrong guy, but they never stopped,’ he adds.

According to Hasan, he was moved between several detention centres in the US, including one in Memphis, Tennessee, and another in Texas. ‘I couldn’t bear the torture. I wanted to be deported and started writing letters to the ICE asking for it. Then a month later, an ICE deportation officer appeared and said I could be sent to Pakistan only after I sign three pieces of blank paper. Otherwise, I was threatened that I would languish in cells forever and be sent to [the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay].’ It was at this point that Hasan opted for deportation and was flown out to Pakistan.

Happier days

Before being arrested, Hasan was living the American dream. Taking two master’s degree certificates from the prestigious Princeton University out of a briefcase, he says, ‘I used to have a wall full of certifications.’

Hasan arrived in the US as a student in the 1980s. He started out as a pizza delivery boy, but soon made it big as a senior project manager at various Fortune 500 companies, including Philip Morris Corporation, Mars M&M, Novartis, Toys R Us Inc., and J.B. Hunt and used to earn around US$ 300,000 per annum. He also briefly worked with the National Centre for Education Statistics (NCES), a federal entity that analyses data on US education. ‘I even have hundreds of hours of volunteer service with the Red Cross,’ adds Hasan.

‘I had worked very hard. I paid my taxes, was legally married, and had a happy life back home in Orlando. But today I’m a destroyed man. I was left to fend for myself with a US$100 note pressed into my pocket after my deportation.’

Seeking justice

Hasan’s case is now being pursued by Florida-based human rights’ campaigner J.B. Von Grabe, who has filed a complaint at the International Criminal Court on Hasan’s behalf against George W. Bush, Richard Cheney, Donald Rumsfeld, George Tenet, Michael Chertoff and Alberto Gonzales.

‘Hasan’s case is an issue of false terrorism charges and torture. Looking at my cases, I know that the CIA, the DOJ [Department of Justice], the DHS – the entire alphabet soup – has always tried to cover up or hide the facts,’ says Grabe during a telephonic interview from Daytona Beach, Florida.

‘If there is any proof that this case is fishy it is that everybody is silent,’ adds Grabe. ‘No one provides information requested under Freedom of Information Act or is otherwise non-responsive. Besides, torture in US jails is widespread. I have video evidence, legal documents or access to cases which deal with torture of inmates. Why would the Hasan case be any different given the silence of officials?’

On being contacted regarding details of Hasan’s detention, Gillian Brigham, the public affairs officer at ICE, responded via email: ‘Since Mr. Hasan is no longer in ICE custody, the Department of Homeland Security privacy policy precludes me from being able to comment or provide further information on his case.’ When ICE was informed that Hasan is willing to sign a privacy waiver form, Brigham said details on Hasan’s detention would be forthcoming in two days. But several days after the waiver was sent to ICE, until the filing of this report, no information regarding Hasan’s case has been revealed.

Meanwhile, in Islamabad, Richard Snelsire, the press attaché of the US embassy declined to comment specifically about Rose’s case and her complaints against embassy officials. ‘In general terms, as a matter of US policy, we don’t advise our citizens to divorce their Pakistani husbands,’ Snelsire said. He added that all US citizens are free to leave for their country anytime they want and that they are not required to have other US citizens vouch for them.

Life in limbo

While justice plods a slow course, Hasan, Rose and their two children continue to suffer in Pakistan. The couple has been unable to find employment as they live in constant fear of being attacked. Both claim that they have been harassed and threatened on numerous occasions.

‘In the US, I was tortured physically. But in Pakistan, we’ve been facing emotional torture non-stop. I’m always scared for the safety of my wife and children,’ says Hasan. As a result, the couple rarely ventures out of the homes, while their children, eight-year-old Omar and four-year-old Kamila, have not attended school for the past two years.

‘The turmoil on the children has been tremendous,’ says Rose, who is particularly worried about her son Omar: ‘He can’t sit still and remains lost and disturbed in his thoughts.’

When asked whether he harbours any hatred against the US after his detention, Hasan says: ‘I still think to this day that America is a great country. Americans are the best people in the world; they have hearts of gold. It’s just that for the last eight years, they had been hijacked by a racist government and I’m just one of the victims.’

I'm sorry if this sounds bad and i'm not a conspiracy nut either but I saw this on youtube at first i had alot of sympathy and genuinely believed them even many pakistanis sent them support telling them their families in pak can help getting them, jobs,media contacts etc but when i saw their blog and comments i was shocked at how racist they are and the nasty things they said about pakistanis and even muhammed and islam and even having lived in pak myself i know that they blatantly lied now i'm quite suspicious about them maybe i'm wrong but you wouldn't believe their story is genuine if you read what they said.I will dig up some stuff if you don't believe me.Sorry if i sound horrible but I have a strong feeling these two are not being entirely truthful maybe their telling the truth but i have strong suspicions about their motives..
btw don't believe me here is the blog made by her "pakistani" husband scroll down and read
True Pakistan
also go to youtube see his comments about islam and muhammed and the women inpakistan video they posted.Something doesn't seem right.......

btw this the blog quote/description from her husband who supposedly born and raised in pakistan and left during the 80s....

"This is the TRUTH about the country of Pakistan and exactly how they feel and act. It is no wonder that the whole world hates this country and its people."

Well, I was also a little confused about the part where he made $300K/yr for a long time but now they have no money for legal fees???

Khanz, is that blog by them or some Pakistan hater who heard of their story and decided to set up the blog as a way to bash Pakistan?

A lot of poison and outright lies and distortions in that blog, and this despite the fact that it was the United States Government and its institutions, and not Pakistan, that ruined her life and wrongfully imprisoned and tortured her husband.

If this is her and her husbands blog, perhaps the US wants them to prove their 'loyalty' and spew all this hate and all these lies before they let her husband back in the country.

You know, people like Ayaan Ali Hirsi who are hateful beings get feted and glorified in the West because they are willing to spew hate, bile and lies about Islam and Muslims.

On the blog she/they calls Pakistan 'Fuckistan' - that sounds like its is right out of a rabid Hindutva praising Indian's vocabulary, or some redneck numskull or Neo Con (sometimes the two are pretty much the same) from the US.

It would be interesting to contact Dawn and have them call her to see if this blog is indeed run by her and her husband.

P.S: Blain verified in the post below that she does indeed have this hatred of Pakistan.

I chatted with this Rose lady. Seething and frothing at the mouth in her hate for Pakistan and Pakistanis due to her circumstances. She should be blaming the USG for her problems as they were the ones who deported her husband (wrongfully in my opinion). He anger is as a result of being left in Pakistan, an alien country and an alien culture. What I am not sure about is the claims of threat to her and her family? By whom? I know of very many Pakistanis with European wives who live in Pakistan but do not run into such issues. Is there more to this than what is in the Dawn newspaper and her Youtube uploads?

She just would not buy the argument that all Pakistanis should not be judged in light of the behaviour of some rotten eggs she has had to deal with on the official side. She just kept on going off about how Pakistanis are this and that etc. etc. I said lady have a nice day and called it quits.

Excerpts from "Rose and Hasan's blog" "Truth about Pakistan"

Excerpt 1:

[Hasan:]I was living a very comfortable and care free life, till I was transported to the part of the world known as Pakistan which I call by its nature "f*ckistan".

Since I have been here my care-free life has turned into a constant horror and I have become very paranoid regarding the future of the world.

Excerpt 2:

Bad Mistake!!! Teaching is for people who have something in the top most section of a human being. None of the people here have anything there. This is very easy to understand considering that inbreeding and strictly marrying your cousins, generation after generation, is the norm.

One of the Classes I was assigned to teach was a computer class as part of the Executive MBA program, run by this institution which insists on calling itself a University. Well, guess who shows up, or rather staggers into class… a bunch of Colonels and Generals in the Glorified Police force which they call the F*ckistan Military.

Most of these are half trained and half ape monkeys who showed up in their attempt to get an MBA and considered themselves the privileged, high class military officers.

Now this is where fear started welling up in my heart. If these or similar Half Apes have their fingers on those red buttons, this world needs to re-think its stance towards this country.

These Military officers, just like the rest of the half humans who staggered into my other classes, these genetic zombies, just a level above being knuckle dragging apes, never showed up in one class on time and none of them ever completed their assignments.

Excerpt 3:

And on top of being a Pakistani, these Taliban are Mullahs which just means that they are on a quick route to Devolution back to being apes.

Here is just more proof that what I have written in this blog is true.. This nation [Pakistan] is just a bunch of liars, cheats, thief's and con men!!

Source: True Pakistan

From her site's 'about me section:

Here ya go....in my own words. Must tell ya I look alot fatter on video uhggg like that matters. Oh well...This is what happened and well I hope it never happens to you or someone you love. If you think it can't....think again. DHS is not a joke...and as it stands they can do whatever they want to whomever they wish. All it taes is ONE NAZI asshole (like my father) to make one phone all with a false accusation and they jump at the chance to hurt you and rip your life apart. No warning...no chance to redeam yourself. Not even a trial....not even a phone call. ICE (Immigration Customs Enforcement) is controlled by DHS and hey they have a quota to fill so they do whatever it takes to fill that quota to keep their funding up and the numbers high. Hardly any prosecutions though. ICE's tage line is "Apprehention, Detention and Deportation." And that is what they do....of course with the torture thrown in there. Never mind not notifying the family of the person detained or anyone else for that matter including the court or an attorney.
Her father ruined her life?

A lot of psychological trauma I'd say, perhaps that is what is behind all thi irrational hatred and outright racism.

Lady, you just became a Nazi asshole just like your dad - must run in the blood.

On the blog she/they calls Pakistan 'Fuckistan' - that sounds like its is right out of a rabid Hindutva praising Indian's vocabulary, or some redneck numskull or Neo Con (sometimes the two are pretty much the same) from the US.

It would be interesting to contact Dawn and have them call her to see if this blog is indeed run by her and her husband.

P.S: Blain verified in the post below that she does indeed have this hatred of Pakistan.

yes it is indeed their blog well her husband's atleast it linked from their site and written by hasan.

I will present yet more evidence for my opinion why i think they're dishonest

1)claims he is unable to job in pak coz of american education-blatant lie ! it's the exact opposite many pakistani parents send their children to america/the west because they WANT a western education since it is considered to be of a higher standard and something very much in demand in pakistan.

2)They posted a very nasty fake propoganda video about women abuse in pakistan claiming it to be true .Now what has this got to do with anything ? showing abuse of women does not help his family and got nothing to do with why he was deported or why he's in that situation today posting this video serves no purpose to his cause other than if they had an agenda to malign pakistan.

3)rose claims to be forced to be not allowed to go outside unles she wears burqa-LIE i don't even need to explain this we all know not even hijab is forced in pakistan and it's not even peshawar she claims to live in but islamabad !

4)often referring to using the derogatory term "pakis" in the conversation.I know pakistanis refer to themselves as that sometimes but the context in which he uses it is racist.

5)Is himself pakistani born and raised but tortured physically and deported by americans and ignored by their embassy yet praises them when they're responsible for his situation while racially insulting his own people pakistanis and even muslims in general what the hell ???

6)claims to be threated in pakistan for no reason but then makes remarks openly insulting whole of pakistan,prophet muhammed and islam in general ? doesn't that threated him more ?

I'm telling you guys maybe i'll be laughed at and as silly as this may sound i'll bet my life these guys are either fakes or maybe real but being paid by anti-pakistan elements to intensely malign pakistan and even islam !

Last edited:
^^^ No, your points are valid, especially related to his lack of ability to find a job, with two Princeton masters.

Perhaps they are doing this to get sympathy from the US embassy and immigration folks - work in a 'political asylum' type angle.

I also agree with your point about how the description of life in Islamabad is shockingly untrue - heck, even Lahore is pretty cosmopolitan and liberal.

There is some other angle here - paid/influenced propaganda or just psychological trauma from having a life ruined by your nation and your own father.

Hmm..What an ***.I hope the ***** never gets his husband back in US and if she can't live in Pakistan and don't like Pakistan then get the **** off out of here.

Last edited:
Hmm..What an ***.I hope the ***** never gets her husband back in US and if she can't live in Pakistan and don't like Pakistan then get the **** off out of here.

I'm sorry, too many censored words (hint hint) in there so I couldn't understand what you were trying to say. ;) :P

Regardless of how they may feel about Pakistan now, they've been wronged by the US government and I hope they do get justice...

Maybe they won't be able to get out of their hate cycle till something good happens to their horrendous lives.

Hasan's story is quite typical, all it takes is one phone call from a pissed off neighbor to get you into trouble in the US. Muslims have to be extra-nice to everyone otherwise anyone can screw with them.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

Regardless of how they may feel about Pakistan now, they've been wronged by the US government and I hope they do get justice...

Maybe they won't be able to get out of their hate cycle till something good happens to their horrendous lives.

Hasan's story is quite typical, all it takes is one phone call from a pissed off neighbor to get you into trouble in the US. Muslims have to be extra-nice to everyone otherwise anyone can screw with them.

^^^ No, your points are valid, especially related to his lack of ability to find a job, with two Princeton masters.

Perhaps they are doing this to get sympathy from the US embassy and immigration folks - work in a 'political asylum' type angle.

I also agree with your point about how the description of life in Islamabad is shockingly untrue - heck, even Lahore is pretty cosmopolitan and liberal.

There is some other angle here - paid/influenced propaganda or just psychological trauma from having a life ruined by your nation and your own father.

thats not even the end of it .I have much more evidence for example during one of our conversations he said he lives in fear in pak because of drone strikes mentioning a missile strike near where he lives now he says he lives in islo so either they're once again lied or have no clue as to where they actually live :rolleyes:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom