What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

i think given the mood of the desperate measure the U.S is taking these days , i think diplomacy would be the best course of action

few steps : create as much understanding with Russia,china & Iran as possible

normalize relationship with India as much as possible

increase trade with both china & India get in through the India-china trade relationship utilize this to the fullest initiate the transit route with china,India,Bangladesh to central Asia vice versa to south east Asia once that will be accomplished thus automatically bringing in India to the economic dimension & its benefits the eastern border will thus become calm there will be just so much economics at stake this is where the U.S will feel the pinch as India will then become cautious & will hesitate to participate in any U.S persuasions for an indo-pak escalations don't isolate India that will only bring in the U.S closer to it don't give that any chance instead bring India in to the picture along with china, Russia, Iran, Bangladesh trust me that way if played well India might be the triumph card for Pakistan here

an apology gives diplomatic leverage i.e. we were in the wrong to intrude your territory and open fire.

however the us has said it reserves the right to come into pak territory if it really wants to, therefore if the us apologises it accepts such violations of sovereignty are unacceptable which is a gain for pakistan.

geddit?

this seems like drama to me now anyway, if something happens thats unusual, then you should ask why?

uae and pakistan have suddenly grown balls the size of melons, how come?

It seems that Pakistan won't accept apology only as said by many Pakistan ministers and public sentiment. What Americans must do to please Pakistan so that their supply route can be started again.

Munter offers Condolences on Nato strike
Agencies (3 hours ago) Today

ISLAMABAD: US ambassador to Islamabad Cameron Munter on Thursday expressed his deep condolence on the Mohamand Agency incident and deaths of Pakistani soldiers.

In a statement, ambassador said “I would like to extend my most sincere condolences to the people and government of Pakistan and especially to Pakistani men and women in uniform, for the tragic incident that occurred on November 26 in Mohmand Agency. My thoughts and prayers are with the families of the men who died.”

“Pakistan and the United States have stood together for over 60 years. We have weathered previous crises together,” he said.

The ambassador said he was certain that both countries will weather the current crisis, and would emerge as stronger partners.

He said the US has taken this matter very seriously and pledged a full and in-depth investigation.
Munter offers Condolences on Nato strike | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

Mr. Shams Ul-Hassan is a good representative of Pakistan; i remember fondly when he held his ground during a debate on 26/11 with vicious and emotional indian media (he put those sorry bastards in their place)

he's a calm and collected speaker, he tells it how it is. I appreciate that, from him. It's a good attribute.

I just don't know how smart this decision is

What and when is smart decision, you have to take a decision in the end, tomorrow B-52s fly over Waziristan and bomb the hell outta civilian population then would those who say lets deal it carefully shall approach with the same stance? I am wary and I don't think so.

Rules of engagement must be defined and outlined, a red-line must be drawn, until now everything was vague. The question from those who oppose Pak Army to take any action is Non Nuclear Iran and N. Korea is in a stronger position where US led coalition is reluctant to take even the slightest action where as the over overwhelmingly bullying continues with a nuclear state in form of Drone and Copter Strikes. The question does arise here Why and Who made US-NATO bold enough to take such actions against Pakistan and is unable do it against Iran-N. Korea, only shows the weakness of the State.

Lastly every time they'll strike and your side will say ok relax we cannot fight US-NATO and every time they will come out stronger bolder and more deeper inside Territory.

Isn't such a green light going to exponentially increase the chances of more NATO bombing runs in our territory? We have seen when NATO forces even sense trouble...or even a tummy ache for that matter...they will not hesitate to call in air strikes. Actively firing in their direction seems to be asking for trouble.
I just don't know how smart this decision is, it may deter future border incursions or it may blow up in our face and result in constant skirmishes. As this previous NATO attack shows, it is very hard to be sure of who's a friendly and who is aggressively posturing...the area is already too volatile in my opinion. I just hope we don't end up losing even more troops by putting big time decision making in their hands, in our haste to retaliate in some way to the NATO bombings.

Son, when the Chinese fought the Americans and gave them a bloody nose in the Korean War, they hardly ever messed with China afterwards, even though China lost many troops. Maybe on a small scale here or there, but they will never go to war with China.

Remember you can reason with humans, but animals only learn with a stick. ;)

Classic case of bully. Bully only picks on the guy that doesn't fight back, under the current circumstances that would be Pakistan.

We may lose some of our troops, but that's why they are there for; to protect Pakistan. We didn't go Afghanistan and fire missiles at them.

The biggest beghairat is the one that is even scared to defend himself. Even Allah swt dislikes people that do not protect themselves. We are not the aggressors.

yeah, looks a good enough and intelligent person

India will be and is with NATO/US and if any war breaks out between Pakistan US and will be a great disaster for the region and the world.and it will be only conventional warfare because china will side with pakistan if india jumps in.

Son, when the Chinese fought the Americans and gave them a bloody nose in the Korean War, they hardly ever messed with China afterwards, even though China lost many troops. Maybe on a small scale here or there, but they will never go to war with China.

Remember you can reason with humans, but animals only learn with a stick. ;)

Classic case of bully. Bully only picks on the guy that doesn't fight back, under the current circumstances that would be Pakistan.

We may lose some of our troops, but that's why they are there for; to protect Pakistan. We didn't go Afghanistan and fire missiles at them.

The biggest beghairat is the one that is even scared to defend himself. Even Allah swt dislikes people that do not protect themselves. We are not the aggressors.

China, Iran has come-out the strongest after all sort of sanctions since 70's-80's, Pakistan will not learn anything until you are hard sanctioned and you see the reality you got to stand on your feet and not beg others. It is just a baseless stupid assumption that US-NATO will start and full scale War with Pakistan start daily air strikes on troops, they are broken economically both US-NATO nations they need to focus more economically. There will be repercurtions of it and Israel will become more vulnerable.

A decision in the right direction....... the will be no lack of discipline. The PA is one of THE most disciplined Armies in the world, and the command and control will always remain there. Every Army in the world operates like this in a war zone. In peace times the matter is different but in a real time fir fight, the most senior commander on the ground makes the decision based on the risk assessment done, i.e. if they dont fire back they will be killed.

I do however find that with these new standing orders, the Military post positions will have to change as Pakistan has given the grid references to all its posts in the Western border to the US in good faith and as part of an agreed communication line. This is clearly being abused hence the attack on the PA posts recently. To avoid such high casualties these post positions will have to change.

However I do believe that PA would already have done that by now.........

India will be and is with NATO/US and if any war breaks out between Pakistan US and will be a great disaster for the region and the world.and it will be only conventional warfare because china will side with pakistan if india jumps in.

India won't jump in. US alone has budget og $600 Billion vs Pakistan's $5 billion. Do you really think Americans will need India when unlike Afghanistan, Pakistan have Arabian sea coast.

they have got enough of problem as it is in the south china sea trust me India is not the problem here but if the indo-pak relationship can be utilized wisely as i said India might be the triumph card for Pakistan here ( after all they can't be that foolish to risk it all for the U.S )

India and China have to keep up with their economy. Verbally, China will support Pakistan, but i highly doubt that they would physically jump in, in any Pakistan's war. Same goes with Russia...

You have to understand the fact that there is no such thing is allies or friends. There are only mutual interests.

India won't jump in. US alone has budget og $600 Billion vs Pakistan's $5 billion. Do you really think Americans will need India when unlike Afghanistan, Pakistan have Arabian sea coast.

Great thinking, Now think did $600B yearly had end Afghan War?, Win Afghan War? Made friends?, Win people's hearts?, Over come those ill equip jihadists talibans-AQ?, the Answer to it is US-NATO miserably failed in 11 Years history repeated it just as russians lost. So if US can use 600B against 170 Million Pakistani and consider to win it they are welcome to try it, Pakistan will severely lose but US will be 3X in miserable position-condition where russia was after afghan war.

Back
Top Bottom