What's new

American attack aftermath: Pakistan declares attack a 'plot'

Yes, you are right. The ISPR's main point with respect to the sleeping part is, they (soldiers at the posts) were fired upon unprovoked (after all how can they provoke the enemy, when they are asleep?).

You are very right in assessing that, and with the same assessment I raised the question about the sleeping part that how can they be asleep when flares were fired 30 minutes before the shooting started. (Relating to the account of injured soldiers)

I questioned that part, and I have been questioning all the questionable parts, only to help people understand that all the accounts we heard yet make it for a very confusing incident at this point of time.

And that the incident is not as simple as it looks, so we should reserve our emotion laden conclusions against any of parties involved - Pakistan/NATO/US/Taliban.

Well, my appeal goes out to all the Pakistanis, Americans, Afghans, and Indians too in here.

The spotting of illumination flares at a distance, and the flying of helis at night is not unheard of in that area.

The duty NCO might have recorded that with the Company havaldar or somebody, but he might have made nothing of it.

After all it is not possible to differentiate between a PA heli and NATo heli with the naked eye at night.

But I agree with you that the full details are not out yet, and they might not even come in the NATO investigation, so keep up the amazement.

Hmmm!... Words of Najm Sethi.. Well, If that is the case then American have miscalculated possible backlash from Pakistan side because the situation that consequently has erupted in Pakistan is more like do or die sort of stuff. If now Pakistan retreats from its current position then it has no genuine and respectful role to play in Afghanistan, and this is not the end, incidents like the one we are discussing will become norm like drones.

There's no next time, either you halt them now for once and for all or you get ready to face many of them. Pakistan can not afford open confrontation with US thats the reality but it does not mean you can't do anything.. IMO Pakistan will not be enticed to go to extremes because if it goes it means another nightmare for US and region.

In nutshell times now to arrange all circles on one line and act diplomatically..

We need to get everybody on the samepage, and stop this complicit thing, the sort where the public is fed something, and the yanks the other.

And yeah, Najam Sethi, although I never listen to him, but that was a good point.

Pakistan cannot count on the Russian anymore than on anybody else in this situation.

i actually agree with this statement from our fake pakistani friend :)

it seems like the people of pakistan are all willing die hard keyboard martyrs, because provocation can have its draw backs, i doubt russia will really do something so provocative because of the high stakes, they are just using leverage, DONT GET EXCITED.

Because They Knew Pakistan would not hit back the day we will show them if they will kill Soldier in reply we will make sure 10 of Nato soldiers become History I guarantee you they will never attack again

So according to you Pakistan should kill 280 NATO soldiers?? You'll lose at least as many of your own soldiers in the operation and at the end of it - what will you gain?? All aid from the US will stop - All up gradation of your F-16s will stop and your f 16s will become unusable, No more P3s or economic trade with most western nations - FDI will become almost 0 - economy will collapse. You wont be able to maintain your current force levels. Unemployment levels will go through the roof, crime will become even more commonplace, much of the unemployed youth will start blaming the govt for this and maybe even join the millitants and terrorists, basically- terrorism will also rise in the country and you will no longer have the strength or resources to fight them off for long In short you will be in deep sh*t.

I know you guys hate your current govt - but they are doing what is best for pakistan at a time when you guys dont have a lot of choices. Use this incident to force the US into giving you some more goodies and aid - I know its cold but its whats best for the country.

This is not a good policy to rely on enemy's best friend during War. :tongue:

which isn't what's being done.....i was merely pointing something out --since this forum does have a few thick-heads who tend to overlook things

Just saw on the news, 50 peshawar born pakistani students have denied to go to the US on scholarships for studies, in protest of this act.

---------- Post added at 11:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

The response by the Army this time has also been much more changed, as well as the political leadership, like a letter to Karzai asking him to , in a way, shut up, because his land was used for this act and all that.

I am confused.

Have they been denied by Americans to come study in America or they have refused to go to America to study?

the latter, apparently

its been done in the past --though not on such a large scale

I am confused.

Have they been denied by Americans to come study in America or they have refused to go to America to study?

refused to go to US themselves, voluntarily, and refused to meet the US ambassador or somebody because of this.

Pakistan should this incident as an opportunity.

1 - Force the USA to lifting tariffs on Pakistani goods being imported to USA. This will cause Pakistan's economy to improve by opening up the huge US market to Pakistani goods.
2 - Give us better communication systems and establish a joint communication on the border areas.
3 - More Advanced Weaponry such as Cobra Gunships, F-16 fighters, etc.
4 - More aid in developing Pakistan's crumbling Electrical Grid.
5 - And most important of all, compensation to the victim's families.

1 - Force the USA to lifting tariffs on Pakistani goods being imported to USA. This will cause Pakistan's economy to improve by opening up the huge US market to Pakistani goods.
2 - Give us better communication systems and establish a joint communication on the border areas.

and these things will not come with more string attached; they will solve this immediate issue of a hostile attack on 2 dozen troops involved in counter insurgency --killed by those whom they should not have been killed by, intentionally?

Compensation will already be provided to the families.

We already have enough guns to go about. And projects are being worked on with China.

Communications and economy are somethings that need to be looked.

But hey, we are going :offtopic:

US gains absolutely nothing by bombing Pakistani Soldiers.

Such things happen during the Fog of War, when borders are not properly marked.

During World War II, US Navy shot down its own planes in Italy in 1943 killing 700 Soldiers.

So get a grip.

Why don't you guys use the same condemnation when the Taliban Terrorists kill our soldiers instead of using selective outrage when America accidentally killed ours?

•This is neither 1940 nor a World War is going on right now. This is the era of laser guided missles which hit with pinpoint accuracy.
•The war and its fog is in Afghanistan where the real battle lies, these posts were inside the Pakistani territory.
•The border might be unclear but the posts weren't which were clearly pointed out to NATO through reference maps. If the US vehemently insists that the drones only target and kill militants, why can't the much more advanced weapon systems do the same - differentiate between friend and foe and target the latter only.
•No one here supports the Taliban and you will not see anyone rejoicing the deaths of Pakistani soldiers, regardless of who the aggressor is - get a life.

and these things will not come with more string attached; they will solve this immediate issue of a hostile attack on 2 dozen troops involved in counter insurgency --killed by those whom they should not have been killed by, intentionally?

Pak-Afghan border is poorly marked. And as such these kinds of incidents are unavoidable.

We need to establish a better command and control communication with ISAF to prevent these incidents from occurring in the future.

Back
Top Bottom