What's new

America is slipping to No. 2. Don’t panic- Charles Kenny

When Cii Bank predicted India would over take China, it implied a long run growth rate of India at 5%, China at 3% and US at 1%. The more developed an economy is, harder is for one to extract higher growth rate. That is what economic theories say. For more information check Solow's model of economic growth theory and cobb douglas production function theory for more information.

Again DO YOUR MATHS ! It will still take India 80 to 90 years.

I would say India is doing rather well and is nowhere near what you call precipice. It is a country that everyone take seriously. Given its younger demographics I would not surprised if India even over takes China in next 50 years
I would say India is doing rather well and is nowhere near what you call precipice. It is a country that everyone take seriously. Given its younger demographics I would not surprised if India even over takes China in next 50 years

My exact thought for China. Given the lack of democracy, blatant violation of human rights and dictatorship, civil war is just matter of time for China. China may not survive the present form.

Given it's younger demographics sub-Saharan Africa as a whole should be a superpower... It's happening, any minute now...

On a more serious note, the “demographic dividend” that India is supposed to enjoy in the coming decades are the wild fantasies (of what Sailer rightly calls) Davos Man craziness at its craziest. A large cohort of young people is worse than useless when most of them are functionally illiterate and innumerate; instead of fostering well-compensated jobs that drive productivity forwards, they will form reservoirs of poverty and potential instability.

Given it's younger demographics sub-Saharan Africa as a whole should be a superpower... It's happening, any minute now...

On a more serious note, the “demographic dividend” that India is supposed to enjoy in the coming decades are the wild fantasies (of what Sailer rightly calls) Davos Man craziness at its craziest. A large cohort of young people is worse than useless when most of them are functionally illiterate and innumerate; instead of fostering well-compensated jobs that drive productivity forwards, they will form reservoirs of poverty and potential instability.

I like your comparison with sub Saharan Africa. If demographics were the only criteria, how did China and India fell behind the west in the first place? And China is growing now by controlling its birth rate.

time to wait for idiots to say that the US is about to be destroyed and stuff.....

Include inflation component too when calculating GDP nominal. It should not take 80 or 90 years.

Show me the maths. Not the rhetoric.
I am starting to think about the India 2030 video.

Back
Top Bottom