What's new

AMCA :: Fifth Generation Fighter Under Development in India

India has been entrusted with making stealth, avionics, aerodynamics, composite material and the test and the evaluation of the super-aircraft which would be inducted into the Indian Air Force (IAF) in 2017.
Good news...

"The background Intellectual Property (IP) would not be shared by two countries, but the foreground IP would be shared as there is an agreement to do so and also to give it to other countries with consent," said Dr/ Prahalada with DRDO
Now, this smells fishy ??/ Can anyone care to explain the difference between background IP and foreground IP ??/ I hope we are not fooled and we get full technology knowledge and the experience to develop a 5th gen aircraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh god.....y dont they directly produce a tenth generation fighter.
y waste all this money:)

because there is no money. 90% is wasted on imports. 5% is wasted on paying corrupt IAF and old-age pensions. Rest 5% goes to R&D.

why worry, just keep importing and eat curry.

Why would they want to make two similar planes at the same time. fgfa is giving them LO technology as it is.

Different roles... as per latest reports FGFA will be a twin-seat, long-range fighter (similar to Su-30MKI) and AMCA will be a single-seat, mid-range fighter (similar to F-35).

So around 104 kN for 2 engines right? Is that enough for supercruise?

I'm not sure if supercruise is even one of the AMCA's capabilities. We'll just have to wait and see.

Since the engine is still under development its specifications might change as well.

I'm not sure if supercruise is even one of the AMCA's capabilities. We'll just have to wait and see.

Since the engine is still under development its specifications might change as well.

Super Cruise is one of the proposed Capabilities for the AMCA.... Kaveri Engine is now being incorporated with the SCB technolpogy developed By the DRDO and Might be Negotiating for a Possible JV with the Snecma for the Kaveri Engine... Keeping in mind its a Medium weight fighter, coming under 20 tons Category, Two Engines each giving 100Kn of Military thrust is more than enough for it to do every thing a heavy fighter with 150+Kn engine does .

Five simultaneous projects? How many fighters can India produce/assemble locally anyway? LCA, SU30, MRCA, PAKFA and now AMCA? Not to mention all the other projects like Saras, AWACS etc!!

Sorry for being so cynical, but I really think they need to maintain focus on the LCA and PAK-FA. India hasn't managed to come up with a 4th gen fighter, or even an SMG for that matter. DRDO is setting itself up for failure once again by underestimating the complexity of such an endeavor and over estimating its capabilities.

What's the point of initiating so many parallel projects when the IAF's needs can easily be met with a reliable 4th gen fighter (LCA) and a hundred or so PAK-FA?

Back
Top Bottom