What's new

Ambala to station first squadron of MMRCA fighters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true but this is known to ever kid on the block that stationing assets close to border can be equally harmful...dont you think there is something strange when IAF still does this consistently ??

Going to get enough them to affod few losses in preemptive raids. At time same time these birds provide the best to IAF both in terms of offensive and defensive capabilities . PAF have to defeat these to reach New Delhi whose security is a prime concern in any strategic arrangement.

If we station against China, then Chinese guys says, you are being aggressive and especially Pakistani posters saying India is disturbing the peace even when China is increasing its infrastructure development in border region which is good for both civil and military purpose.

But if we station against Pakistan, you guys say, Pakistan is always the enemy and they always want to destabilize the peace process. Also that India is afraid of China.

Either we are coward or aggressive and disturbing peace force, Bravo.

Its not street aunties talks, "are main na kehti thi, dushman to hum hi hain".

"Woh badi sayaani hai, kehti hai ki bhabhi ji aap to ache log ho dusre padosi hi bekaar hain par mann hi mann hum se ladai rakhti hai."

Meri saari(read aircrafts) uski saari (read aircrafts) se jyada(more) safed(read advance) hai, kyun naa dikhaun padosi ko.

Every country has right to station its best aircrafts at their forward base to keep its first line of defense strongest. We don't want to fight the war at our turf, if we can take it to enemy's turf, which has its advantages and disadvantages.

So Aunty Talk logic doesn't work here my friend.:no:

Yaar tum ek ajeeb sa insaan hai.

Dekhta nahin hai ke yahan log kya baat kar rahay hein.

Darmiyan mein aa kar apni gandi game gholni shuru kar di hai.

Jao kisi aur jaga apni gandi gamein khelo.

The dispositions and deployments are in sync with the joint operational requirements of all the three services.

Really I thought the biggest lesson that we learned from Kargil was how out of the loop the other services were kept ! Does this mean that a self-appraisal of sorts has imbued a sense of 'synergy' & 'cohesion' in us with respect to all 3 services & has impressed upon us its invaluability !

Are you still angry at me ! :cry:

Sorry...for ruining the thread !

India has 29 air bases against Pakistan as compared to about 6 odd against China. Though against China, IAF infrastructure is being improved in order to accommodate new inductions, no major additional airbase(s) has been announced as yet. Which means that against China only limited number of such aircraft squadrons can be accommodated and it is Pakistan where they have sufficient available space to induct additional aircraft squadrons.

Any North western airbases of IAF near pakistan border can easily be used to provide air security against the Chinese in the time of emergency. These bases aren't far off from Chinese border.In a way they are ready to fight two fronts war with both China and pakistan..

Really I thought the biggest lesson that we learned from Kargil was how out of the loop the other services were kept ! Does this mean that a self-appraisal of sorts has imbued a sense of 'synergy' & 'cohesion' in us with respect to all 3 services & has impressed upon us its invaluability !

Are you still angry at me ! :cry:

Sorry...for ruining the thread !

Nahin yaar, you didn't ruin it. Why should I be angry with you.

Yes, lesson learned, and moved much ahead than being perceived.

Any North western airbases of IAF near pakistan border can easily be used to provide air security against the Chinese in the time of emergency. These bases aren't far off from Chinese border.In a way they are ready to fight two fronts war with both China and pakistan..

Yeah, the five odd bases in Indian Occupied Kashmir may be able to look after the Chinese side, but would their division of assets be able to look after both sides - a rather difficult proposition as these bases can accommodate only a specific number of aircraft.

However, it is NE India where the main Chinese interest lies, and here IAF bases in the west can not support directly.

Nahin yaar, you didn't ruin it. Why should I be angry with you.

Yes, lesson learned, and moved much ahead than being perceived.

Thanks....! Sometimes emoticons make a world of difference :kiss3:

Another question, if I may : Aren't threat perceptions multi-layered which is to say isn't Pakistan truly a much more probable adversary for India to go to war too & yet because China too looms over she (India) cannot afford to ignore China either.

In such a scenario doesn't Sancho's assertion that the airbase under question is located thus that it is suitable to engage either China or Pakistan depending upon whence the threat arises, both a more realistic response to the threat assessment under question & a good one at that ? Which is to say that this probably isn't a zero-sum game but that because Pakistan may pose a greater threat in the present relative to China (And I'm sure it does), it would be prudent to position the assets thus to neutralize that threat efficaciously & yet be mindful of the secondary threat arising from China & have either a squadron near by to engage or have your bases positioned as such so as to afford the required flexibility to the Commanders to respond to either the primary threat (Paksitan) & the secondary threat (China) ?

Or am I reading too much into this ? :what:

What does this means to the paf ?? :lol: another set of jf 17 fighters :rofl:

It means we can blow it up with cruise missiles without getting a single fighter airborne without Ambala finding out what really hit it. Modern warfare has moved on.. Don't expect F-16s to come and bomb ambala, they can do so by launching Ra'ads 350kms away.

It means we can blow it up with cruise missiles without getting a single fighter airborne without Ambala finding out what really hit it. Modern warfare has moved on.. Don't expect F-16s to come and bomb ambala, they can do so by launching Ra'ads 350kms away.

:lol: Just think about pakistan in that case after seeing her map. Brahmos is enough in that case otherwise look for "strategic depth" in Afganistan :lol:

It means we can blow it up with cruise missiles without getting a single fighter airborne without Ambala finding out what really hit it. Modern warfare has moved on.

You do realize that this works both ways? That this statement applies to most airbases in Pakistan too, that they can be taken down by the Indian army without getting a single fighter in the air? Modern warfare has moved on for India too, not just pak.

The difference being that we have a lot more strategic depth than you, you can only have bases as far away as your western borders. We can (and do) have ones in kalaikunda or sulur or Andaman.

You do realize that this works both ways? That this statement applies to most airbases in Pakistan too, that they can be taken down by the Indian army without getting a single fighter in the air? Modern warfare has moved on for India too, not just pak.

The difference being that we have a lot more strategic depth than you, you can only have bases as far away as your western borders. We can (and do) have ones in kalaikunda or sulur or Andaman.

Yes, it does work both ways, i just replied to a poster who's head still lives in 65. All air bases in Pakistan at lease are getting counter cruise missile technologies, SAMs, EW systems, Jamming ranges and CIWS. Other countries are doing the same.

Thanks....! Sometimes emoticons make a world of difference :kiss3:

Another question, if I may : Aren't threat perceptions multi-layered which is to say isn't Pakistan truly a much more probable adversary for India to go to war too & yet because China too looms over she (India) cannot afford to ignore China either.

In such a scenario doesn't Sancho's assertion that the airbase under question is located thus that it is suitable to engage either China or Pakistan depending upon whence the threat arises, both a more realistic response to the threat assessment under question & a good one at that ? Which is to say that this probably isn't a zero-sum game but that because Pakistan may pose a greater threat in the present relative to China (And I'm sure it does), it would be prudent to position the assets thus to neutralize that threat efficaciously & yet be mindful of the secondary threat arising from China & have either a squadron near by to engage or have your bases positioned as such so as to afford the required flexibility to the Commanders to respond to either the primary threat (Paksitan) & the secondary threat (China) ?

Or am I reading too much into this ? :what:

While assessing threat, various contingencies are prepared. Within the India Pakistan China tri-lateral imbroglio, a variety of contingencies can be prepared. Some of these may be:

A war with only China.

A war with only Pakistan.

A war on both Pakistani and Chinese fronts.

There can be many other variables which could be brought in. Each of these have their own set of circumstances which can unfold and create a varied set of environments which may have different responses on offer.

A war with China, and Pakistan only mobilizes but does not interfere.

A war with Pakistan, and China only mobilizes but does not interfere.

Each of the above would require a different set of responses. Which would have a direct and indirect effect on the war.

Lengthy discussion, but I hope you get the picture. :)

Yeah, the five odd bases in Indian Occupied Kashmir may be able to look after the Chinese side, but would their division of assets be able to look after both sides - a rather difficult proposition as these bases can accommodate only a specific number of aircraft.

However, it is NE India where the main Chinese interest lies, and here IAF bases in the west can not support directly.

To deal with pakistan threat,there are airbases in Goa if include Indian Navy's air assets that would be pressed in to service.Then there is IAF base in pune which stations largest number Su 30 MKI.

But some IAF bases like the ones in Arga,Ambala ,Hindon near NCR and few other in J&K , can cater to thearts emerging from both chinese and pakstan if we are forced in to that kind of situation , E,g Agra airbase operates AWACS and C-17s which have significance for both china and pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom