What's new

Amazon Investment Adverts

Irfan Baloch

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I am sure many of you have come across the Amazon investment adverts with paid actors claiming they have made huge profits from their modest investments and they will be millionaires within weeks.

I tried digging up for independent and honest reviews but most of them take me either to the Amazon empire as a whole or click bait claims of making huge money itself.

so I stopped right there as being a cautious investor I have only invested in real estate or bonds.

share your thoughts and views?
examples of these claims

some suspicions shared by the commentators on the video

" Why does it say in the description that :"All numbers and figures in discussed in the video are not to be taken as reality or financial advice. This video is for entertainment only."? How can I trust this channel? "

" The people doing very well on Amazon didn't have to pay someone to teach them how to do well on Amazon, very interesting. "

I’m getting really tired of seeing these “millionaires” trying to “teach” you how to be a millionaire by buying their product / courses.

investing in it a year or two ago was good, same for Tesla, you would’ve made huge profits, as of rn not so much.

I am sure many of you have come across the Amazon investment adverts with paid actors claiming they have made huge profits from their modest investments and they will be millionaires within weeks.

I tried digging up for independent and honest reviews but most of them take me either to the Amazon empire as a whole or click bait claims of making huge money itself.

so I stopped right there as being a cautious investor I have only invested in real estate or bonds.

examples of these claims

" Why does it say in the description that :"All numbers and figures in discussed in the video are not to be taken as reality or financial advice. This video is for entertainment only."? How can I trust this channel? "

" The people doing very well on Amazon didn't have to pay someone to teach them how to do well on Amazon, very interesting. "

I’m getting really tired of seeing these “millionaires” trying to “teach” you how to be a millionaire by buying their product / courses.

I didn't bother watching the video. However, if it has anything to do with buying Amazon stocks which is around I think $3,2xx. so maybe in future it will grow but will not make you rich for sure (unless you buy hundreds of them).

However, if you are thinking for starting a business on Amazon which is Amazon Wholesale FBA, Private Label or Affiliate then they are good with really good profits. Nonetheless, it is not a walk in the park and requires quite a bit of knowledge + investment + Handwork but returns are really good considering what Pakistani household income is.

Well, as a Muslim and a Communist I will never invest in stocks. :)

But I will ask @Irfan Baloch ( the OP ) and other Pakistani members of PDF that instead of investing in the traditional safe places they pool their money and create a small venture capital fund to invest in Pakistanis who want to set up new or fundamental technologies like agri tech ( consult @ps3linux ), fabless microprocessor design company ( you can take onboard @fitpOsitive ), computer operating system ( @Baz has a project on going at facebook.com/MarkhorOS ), space rocket design ( you will have to convince the government that other countries including India have allowed private groups to enter this segment ), useful robotics ( for example, Google "Bandicoot robot" ), new power sources ( for instance, NDB - Nano Diamond Battery ), wearable computers, nano computing, nano biology etc etc.

Do not think that what I wrote are too ambitious to be realistic. Let it be risky. Will help Pakistan leapfrog manifold. I myself will be setting up a company in three of the above subjects.

Any talk of investment just makes me depressed! I sat on $120,000+ cash for most of 2020 in a dilemma and finally deciding to buy a house in Baharia Town Karachi late last year. During 2020, if I had bought the stocks in America when the Dow sank to 18,000+ by now I would have made a chunk of profit. Oh well!!

PS. I briefly met Jeff Bezos on a hiking trail in 1999 near Seattle. He had only one guy with him--probably a friend. He was surprised that someone recognized him--and that too an apparent foreigner. A quick hand shake, smiles, and off we went our ways.

Any talk of investment just makes me depressed! I sat on $120,000+ cash for most of 2020 in a dilemma and finally deciding to buy a house in Baharia Town Karachi late last year. During 2020, if I had bought the stocks in America when the Dow sank to 18,000+ by now I would have made a chunk of profit. Oh well!!

PS. I briefly met Jeff Bezos on a hiking trail in 1999 near Seattle. He had only one guy with him--probably a friend. He was surprised that someone recognized him--and that too an apparent foreigner. A quick hand shake, smiles, and off we went our ways.

If I was sitting on cash like that would certainly have certainly put 25% into stocks, 25% into crypto and rest 50% into estate or other low risk ventures. March, 2020 was a perfect time to invest into stocks but the only issue was you need to had liquid cash and will to take risk.

P.S you should have asked Jeff if you can work for his company or some affiliate opportunity.

If I was sitting on cash like that would certainly have certainly put 25% into stocks, 25% into crypto and rest 50% into estate or other low risk ventures. March, 2020 was a perfect time to invest into stocks but the only issue was you need to had liquid cash and will to take risk.

Yes. And that's why I don't want to think about investments these days. Depressing!

BUT--- now that the Baharia Town Karachi purchase is an all done deal, I have started to invest. I am not sure I am doing it the correct about: Currently about $40k in Ally Bank Managed Investment Account. It is auto managed with 2% in cash while the rest in US stocks, US Bonds, foreign stocks and bonds. etc.

I really don't understand investing and am just too damn lazy about it!! Perhaps because I can afford to be lazy. I don't need much. So why waste mental energy on such things. I know, I know, most would call it 'stupid' but we are not all alike.

But a great thing is that I am about to start a very decent paying job which pays 5+ times above my needs, so I am planning to invest at least 50% of after tax paychecks. My goal is $250,000+ in investments portfolio in next 7 years max. Then semi-retire...

Maybe I shouldn't be too depressed about losing out on the stock market gains...

Everyone thinks the same way, but most people thought they wouldn't live out of 2020 at that time.
Yes. And that's why I don't want to think about investments these days. Depressing!

BUT--- now that the Baharia Town Karachi purchase is an all done deal, I have started to invest. I am not sure I am doing it the correct about: Currently about $40k in Ally Bank Managed Investment Account. It is auto managed with 2% in cash while the rest in US stocks, US Bonds, foreign stocks and bonds. etc.

I really don't understand investing and am just too damn lazy about it!! Perhaps because I can afford to be lazy. I don't need much. So why waste mental energy on such things. I know, I know, most would call it 'stupid' but we are not all alike.

But a great thing is that I am about to start a very decent paying job which pays 5+ times above my needs, so I am planning to invest at least 50% of after tax paychecks. My goal is $250,000+ in investments portfolio in next 7 years max. Then semi-retire...

Maybe I shouldn't be too depressed about losing out on the stock market gains...

Just buy good companies with good products, keep track of their revenue and vision and you should do well. Don't risk on new companies or dodgy products, etc.

examples of these claims

Sir you analyzed it correctly ... IMO there is no 'get rich quick' or short cut to money except a jackpot and everyone is aware of the percentage of the luckiest in masses.
Whatever you do, most of the time success is based upon analysis, plan and implement; further hardwork in right direction and to be consistent pays off.
It is also observed, those who risked earlier make the most and upon saturation of typical businesses the profits becomes stable.
It is also seen that the value addition in a product is much more successful than those who only produce the product and sell it to brokers. In brief a small infrastructure to produce and retail (with some value addition) is more profitable with less investment.

Everyone thinks the same way, but most people thought they wouldn't live out of 2020 at that time.

Just buy good companies with good products, keep track of their revenue and vision and you should do well. Don't risk on new companies or dodgy products, etc.
we survived the 2020 but now we have a more deadlier strain of UK 2021.
lets see.

in the meantime as you said. invest in the more stable known companies and sit back. it pays off on a longer run. repeated buying selling in persuit of short term gains only benefits the brokers and has its own risks.,

Honestly, I am too clueless and too lazy to put much effort into investing. So this is some automatic 'managed' account with 'moderate' risk setting. So far I am pleased that in just a few weeks made a few hundred $$; previously this money was sitting in a Savings account accruing a mighty 0.5% interest! That was because I was undecided about what to do during most of 2020 but wanted to invest in Pakistan and, after a long thread in this forum, finally decided to buy the BT Karachi house.
Here is my investment profile.

1611408651161.png

Amazon business is the best business in 2021

Amazon FBA

I do both Amazon UK PL + eBay

go to your nearest Extreme Commence incubator and see for yourself rather than discuss on forum

Amazon is the future, already the high streets are going bust thanks to Amazon. Retail is just a portion of Amazon.
1611409318197.png

People have made millions in buying the actual stock some time ago. People doing online trading via Amazon market place are making tons as well.

Amazon just like Tesla is working on space exploration as well.
1611409573152.png
1611409617296.png

I have personally met Jeff at Marston gate UK 15 years ago, never knew shorti will become the richist man on earth.

Honestly, I am too clueless and too lazy to put much effort into investing. So this is some automatic 'managed' account with 'moderate' risk setting. So far I am pleased that in just a few weeks made a few hundred $$; previously this money was sitting in a Savings account accruing a mighty 0.5% interest! That was because I was undecided about what to do during most of 2020 but wanted to invest in Pakistan and, after a long thread in this forum, finally decided to buy the BT Karachi house.
Here is my investment profile.

View attachment 709655
Yeah you can pick Mutual Funds if you don't know what to do. They manage it all for you. You can also grab good stocks you like from those Mutual Funds and invest individually in those.

Back
Top Bottom