What's new

Amaravati: Stage set for foundation ceremony of AP's Singapore-like capital; PM Modi to inaugurate

Snapshots of many significant events that happened around the Amaravati Sankustapana Ceremony

• First preference in the invitation was to the thousands of Farmers who donated land for Amaravati. Govt sent handloom saree and pancha for farmers with a special invitation and a special gallery at the venue for the farmers along with the VVIPs.
amaravati-invitation-to-farmers-saree.jpg

amaravati-invitation-to-farmers.jpg
amaravati-invitation-to-farmers-kit-771x434.jpg

• #ManaAmaravatiManaRajadhani hashtag flooded with pictures from around the world supporting the new capital.
  • amaravati-selfie-ncbn.jpg

• IT Employees from Hyderabad and Bangalore went on a Bicycle ride to Amaravati and reached yesterday after a 3 day bicycle ride.
  • Prayers were made at the Amaravati by all the Religious groups wishing for a great future.
prayers-for-amaravati-2-771x513.jpg

prayers-for-amaravati-4-771x513.jpg

prayers-for-amaravati-5-771x513.jpg

prayers-for-amaravati-771x513.jpg

• E Brick Donations were launched by Chief Minister and in a week time 40,000+ people donated 30,00,000+ bricks were donating making the donations to 3 Crore Rupees.
  • Digging back into the History and Legacy 200 BCE with Satavahanas, Pallavas and other kings making Amaravati their Capital, Lord Buddha preaching the Kala Chakra has brought pride back in the Millions of citizens.
amaravati-legacy.jpg

amaravati-ancient-map.jpg

• Soil and Water from all the powerful places and rivers were brought and mixed with the land of Amaravathi and water to make it super powerful filled with aura.
soil-from-Amaravati.jpg

In Picture is a truck carrying water from Amritsar Golden Temple, Water from Sutlez River and Land from the Birthplace of Bhagat Singh brought to Amaravati to mix with the Amaravathi Land.

Similar water and land sample came from the powerful places across India.

• Telangana CM KCR was invited by Andhra Pradesh CM Chandrababu Naidu by visiting his home. KCR arrives in Andhra Pradesh 14 years after his previous visit.
amaravati-invitation-to-KCR-771x514.jpg

• Soil and Water from 16,000 villages was brought and mixed with the soil of Amaravati to make everyone in the state own the Capital and make it People’s Capital.
  • Prime Minister Narendra Modi was invited to lay the Foundation Stone for Amaravati, The People’s Capital.
  • PM-modi.jpg
  • Amithabh Bachan to attend the Ceremony with Family along with Industrialists from Mumbai.
  • Super Star Rajnikanth sent two Luxury modified buses for the VVIPs to refresh at Amaravati venue.
  • Singapore Minister Eshwaran and his team arrived as an International Partner delegation to Amaravati.
  • Japan send a high level delegation to Amaravati to participate and continue collaboration with Andhra Pradesh State.
  • The Drums Maestro Sivamani takes over the cultural stage stealing the show and adding the energy.

WE CAN’T COMPETE WITH OUR CHIEF MINISTER, HE WORKS 18 HOURS A DAY TO ACHIEVE THE GOALS. – OFFICER, AP SECRETARIAT

Amaravati brings a smile on my face every time I come to think of it. I have visited this town on June 12, 2014 for a story for Al Jazeera. It was soon after N. Chandrababu Naidu took oath as the Chief Minister of the new state of Andhra Pradesh.

My visit to Amaravati was an unplanned one during which the construction of the Dhayana Buddha was still on. The sculptures around that Spiritual Centre were being carved and placed around the venue. That was also a time when no one could even imagine that Amaravati would be declared as the capital of Andhra Pradesh.

I remember taking a stroll around the town to visit the museum. As part of my story-hunting, I also met a cotton-growing farmers. They assumed I was a government surveyor for the debt redemption scheme. I maintained my identity as that.

Two months after that story got published on Al Jazeera, I walked into the AP Chief Minister’s Office after being offered a job there. Ever since, I have been a witness to Chief Minister’s hard work for the state.

Especially in the last few months after the Singapore delegation submitted the Master Plans for Amaravati, it has been really hectic. In every meeting that ensued, the Chief Minister stressed on the fact that development works should be evident to people.

From flying to different countries by marketing Andhra Pradesh as the best investment destination to bringing a connection between Amaravati and other countries through Buddhism, this man is doing more than what the state deserves.

Not only has he turned the state from a power deficit to a power surplus one, he has also brought several laurels to it within one year of his administration.

Now, the capital city of Amaravati is taking 17-18 hours of his time and he hardly sleeps. In every meeting on the capital, he pushes the limits further and asks designers, artists and officials to think harder and come up with more innovative ideas.

The idea behind calling it a People’s Capital is his own. The idea of making Amaravati create an emotional bond with people too is his own one. From making the venue for foundation stone the nerve centre of Andhra Pradesh to introducing the #ManaNeeruManaMatti initiative, he has left no stone unturned in converting this into a mass movement.

During discussions on capital, he is an elated person. He loves discussing new ideas, brainstorming on them and seeking suggestions from those in the meeting. In one of the meetings, I remember his idea of “bringing together all Purnakumbhams into a massive sculpture or an idol, signifying the contribution of people to the People’s Capital or may be into Bodhitree, reflecting its connection with Buddhism.”

This idea was appreciated by every person in the meeting. Several such ideas came up for discussion including the campaign to club the celebration with Dasara’s Navaratri with the Birth of Amaravati. He loved the idea of a Time Capsule for Amaravati and few other ideas such as e-brick crowdfunding initiative and gave a green signal for them.

In all these days, I have only observed the Chief Minister get stronger as a person. He not only wins the award as the man who works for maximum hours but also as the man of the masses.

His vision for Amaravati is a grand one. And, going by his confidence and perseverance, he will prove it to the world.

As a person witnessing him work day and night for the people of Andhra Pradesh and also as a citizen, I’m proud to see my Chief Minister putting his life into building the future of this Sunrise State. Amaravati is not only going to be a show of strength of Telugu people but will also become the pride of India.

Several generations will remain thankful to Chandrababu Naidu for the strong foundations he is laying for an Andhra Pradesh of tomorrow. He is Andhra Pradesh’s Phoenix who has made the state rise from the ashes.

P.S. I support the Chief Minister in his campaign for #ManaAmaravatiManaRajadhani

I am super excited about the capital but I have a confusion and question too.
What is this seed capital area the capital city and andhra capital region.

Because I was told that amravathi is 30 times that of Singapore in area but seed capital are is something 16 sqkm and capital city us 214 sqkm and capital region is 7400+ sqkm.
Lot of confusion.

I am super excited about the capital but I have a confusion and question too.
What is this seed capital area the capital city and andhra capital region.

Because I was told that amravathi is 30 times that of Singapore in area but seed capital are is something 16 sqkm and capital city us 214 sqkm and capital region is 7400+ sqkm.
Lot of confusion.
Good Question :)

Seed capital means the initial part which will be constructed i.e. the government buildings+other administrative organs.

Capital City means the city itself+ the colonies+the offices+ the seed capital etc

Andhra Capital region means the entire district/region which will also include offices & homes. you could refer to it as the outskirts of the city

The Seed capital will be the initial part which will be completed by 2018

By the way are you a Telugu? Nuvvu AP ninchi unnava leda TG? Ee jilla?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news:-
A.P inks pact with Japan for development of Capital city - The Hindu

A.P inks pact with Japan for development of Capital city
DSC_0062_2593557f.jpg

Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu signing a Memorandum of Cooperation with Japan State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Yosuke Takagi on development of new capital and industry in Vijayawada on Thursday.
Under the pact, an Andhra Pradesh Investment Task Force (APITF) will be set up in Japan for accelerating industrial development in A.P.
Japan State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Yosuke Takagi and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu signed a Memorandum of Cooperation on development of new capital city of A.P. and industry cooperation here on Thursday.

Under the pact, an Andhra Pradesh Investment Task Force (APITF) will be set up in Japan for accelerating industrial development in A.P. It is a part of the MoC between Japan and Government of A.P that will facilitate further investments by the Japanese companies in the State.

Japan Ministries of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC), Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) have partnered with the METI.

A.P has requested the Japanese Government to extend technical assistance for developing a masterplan on such strategic sectors as transportation infrastructure in the new capital area.

The JICA has chosen transportation for extending technical assistance. The other Japanese multilateral funding agencies will help A.P Government in development of seaports, food value chains, ultra-supercritical coal-fired power plants, renewable energy projects and smart cities among others.

Later, JBIC Director General (Social Infrastructure Department) Noriko Nasu and A.P Principal Secretary (Finance) P.V. Ramesh signed a MoU for facilitating foreign investments in A.P.

On the occasion, Mr. Takagi said he was happy to be associated with the development of A.P and that he looked forward to a large scale participation in what is going to be India’s Gateway to the East Asian countries.

Mr. Naidu requested the Government of Japan to make investments in a big way in the Capital Region particularly in urban development, seaports and other sectors which had tremendous untapped potential.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘AP has potential to be centre of Asia Pacific Ocean Region’ - The Hindu

AP has potential to be gateway of Asia Pacific Region: Japan
yosuke_takagi_2593697f.jpg

Japan's State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Yosuke Takagi.
We remember from World War-II how we created a new nation from ashes. All our experience, technology and good wishes are here for the building of the city of Amaravati.
Japanese State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Yosuke Takagi on Thursday said that Japan will extend a helping hand to build Amaravati into a vibrant city by sharing technology.

Addressing the gathering here at the foundation stone laying ceremony of Andhra Pradesh new capital Amaravati, Mr. Yosuke said that Japan has learnt from the history that this great land of Amaravathi was the seat of learning of Buddhism right from the 3rd Century B.C. “In our text books we read that Acharya Nagarjuna visited the city.Standing here at this great place is a matter of pride and honour for me”, said Mr. Yosuke. He said that he felt deeply honoured to see many Buddhist sculptures and Stupas which have been excavated from around the area of Amaravati.

“We have realized not only what great beauty people have, but great faith and great technology. Once again as a person from Japan I see it as my good fortune to stand on the sacred land which is set to become a vibrant centre and great city”, Mr. Yosuke said during his address in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

“We remember from World War-II how we created a new nation from ashes. All our experience, technology and good wishes are here for the building of the city of Amaravati,” said Mr. Yosuke.

On future economic development of Andhra Pradesh, Mr. Yosuke predicted that Andhra Pradesh was poised to be the gateway for Asia Pacific and Indian Oceana region. “I believe it (AP) has the potential to be the Gateway of Asia Pacific Ocean Region”, opined Mr. Yosuke.

@Nihonjin1051 san

@Hindustani78 @Rain Man

Last edited:
Good Question :)

Seed capital means the initial part which will be constructed i.e. the government buildings+other administrative organs.

Capital City means the city itself+ the colonies+the offices+ the seed capital etc

Andhra Capital region means the entire district/region which will also include offices & homes. you could refer to it as the outskirts of the city

The Seed capital will be the initial part which will be completed by 2018

By the way are you a Telugu? Nuvvu AP ninchi unnava leda TG? Ee jilla?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other news:-
A.P inks pact with Japan for development of Capital city - The Hindu

A.P inks pact with Japan for development of Capital city
DSC_0062_2593557f.jpg

Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu signing a Memorandum of Cooperation with Japan State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Yosuke Takagi on development of new capital and industry in Vijayawada on Thursday.
Under the pact, an Andhra Pradesh Investment Task Force (APITF) will be set up in Japan for accelerating industrial development in A.P.
Japan State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI) Yosuke Takagi and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu signed a Memorandum of Cooperation on development of new capital city of A.P. and industry cooperation here on Thursday.

Under the pact, an Andhra Pradesh Investment Task Force (APITF) will be set up in Japan for accelerating industrial development in A.P. It is a part of the MoC between Japan and Government of A.P that will facilitate further investments by the Japanese companies in the State.

Japan Ministries of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC), Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization (NEDO) have partnered with the METI.

A.P has requested the Japanese Government to extend technical assistance for developing a masterplan on such strategic sectors as transportation infrastructure in the new capital area.

The JICA has chosen transportation for extending technical assistance. The other Japanese multilateral funding agencies will help A.P Government in development of seaports, food value chains, ultra-supercritical coal-fired power plants, renewable energy projects and smart cities among others.

Later, JBIC Director General (Social Infrastructure Department) Noriko Nasu and A.P Principal Secretary (Finance) P.V. Ramesh signed a MoU for facilitating foreign investments in A.P.

On the occasion, Mr. Takagi said he was happy to be associated with the development of A.P and that he looked forward to a large scale participation in what is going to be India’s Gateway to the East Asian countries.

Mr. Naidu requested the Government of Japan to make investments in a big way in the Capital Region particularly in urban development, seaports and other sectors which had tremendous untapped potential.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘AP has potential to be centre of Asia Pacific Ocean Region’ - The Hindu

AP has potential to be gateway of Asia Pacific Region: Japan
yosuke_takagi_2593697f.jpg

Japan's State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Yosuke Takagi.
We remember from World War-II how we created a new nation from ashes. All our experience, technology and good wishes are here for the building of the city of Amaravati.
Japanese State Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry Yosuke Takagi on Thursday said that Japan will extend a helping hand to build Amaravati into a vibrant city by sharing technology.

Addressing the gathering here at the foundation stone laying ceremony of Andhra Pradesh new capital Amaravati, Mr. Yosuke said that Japan has learnt from the history that this great land of Amaravathi was the seat of learning of Buddhism right from the 3rd Century B.C. “In our text books we read that Acharya Nagarjuna visited the city.Standing here at this great place is a matter of pride and honour for me”, said Mr. Yosuke. He said that he felt deeply honoured to see many Buddhist sculptures and Stupas which have been excavated from around the area of Amaravati.

“We have realized not only what great beauty people have, but great faith and great technology. Once again as a person from Japan I see it as my good fortune to stand on the sacred land which is set to become a vibrant centre and great city”, Mr. Yosuke said during his address in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.

“We remember from World War-II how we created a new nation from ashes. All our experience, technology and good wishes are here for the building of the city of Amaravati,” said Mr. Yosuke.

On future economic development of Andhra Pradesh, Mr. Yosuke predicted that Andhra Pradesh was poised to be the gateway for Asia Pacific and Indian Oceana region. “I believe it (AP) has the potential to be the Gateway of Asia Pacific Ocean Region”, opined Mr. Yosuke.

@Nihonjin1051 san

@Hindustani78 @Rain Man
No dude but am super excited for the people's capital and want to live a simple life in luxurious city of the world. Looking for skyrocketing flats.

Thanks to both of you for your Best wishes :) !

& don't worry I'm sure under CBN the project will be complete.. but the lack of money+ question mark over amount of Help from Centre is the problem.

AM personally glad to see that Japan & Singapore actually sent someone to come to the ceremony :) :-)

@Josef K @Rajaraja Chola I told you that even Telugus have seen the Telugu dubbed version of Padayappa :azn: :partay:

Shameless fellow boycotted the ceremony saying farmers are being oppressed/forced.. Nice happened, he would have died of envy at the spot+ who needs a convicted criminal to grace the foundation ceremony of our new capital?

Some good news for AP.. (perhaps )on promises made??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Srikanth op Twitter: "Babu-Modi team will fulfil all promises made says PM @narendramodi hope the TDP-BJP Twitter fighters put their differences in back burner"
Avinash Shishoo op Twitter: "If Chandrababu Naidu gets a 10 year stint, #Amaravati could actually become India's model state capital. Best of luck, Andhraiites !!"

Thats a iconic character. Neelambari. Guess shouldnt be compared to Jagan :P

Greetings from a Telugu from karnataka, I have no doubt that amaravathi will be the most modern planned city in India, may be after a decade hyderabadis will feel jealous of this city, And even think that we should not have chased away andhrites from Hyderabad, amaravathi has many advantages compared to the present capitals in the south, namely 1) water availability 2) a mejestic river 3) close to sea 4) sceanic mountain ranges 5) no difficulty as redesigning old city 6) no evacuation or displacement 7) farmers and locals who gave land will get the benifit of returns in the form of developed sites, 8) no big cities in the vicinity 9) vaastu compliant 10) eastern coast where major business takes place 11) historical back ground 12) easy availability of food grains and vegitables 13) a truely green place.

Greetings from a Telugu from karnataka, I have no doubt that amaravathi will be the most modern planned city in India, may be after a decade hyderabadis will feel jealous of this city, And even think that we should not have chased away andhrites from Hyderabad, amaravathi has many advantages compared to the present capitals in the south, namely 1) water availability 2) a mejestic river 3) close to sea 4) sceanic mountain ranges 5) no difficulty as redesigning old city 6) no evacuation or displacement 7) farmers and locals who gave land will get the benifit of returns in the form of developed sites, 8) no big cities in the vicinity 9) vaastu compliant 10) eastern coast where major business takes place 11) historical back ground 12) easy availability of food grains and vegitables 13) a truely green place.
:)

THank you for your words, anna .Most of your points are right; BUT TBH with regards to your first few sentences it will take about 2 decades to complete Amaravati :P & make AP one of the top states of India.

But yes hyderabadis will be jealous of the city after a few decades, not in 10 years.

By the way Do you know Telugu?

Nuvvu Karnataka lo e jillo ninchi unnao?

@bhagat @NIA @Srinivas @magudi Annalu, How about we make this thread the place where we post all updates related to Amaravati? Mee opinion enti?

First of all , Congratulations to all andhraites,

Second, it seems like a very good business prospectus. It will be a big city so with quality constructions. They must using lot of Marble and its artifacts ?

THank you for your words, anna .Most of your points are right; BUT TBH with regards to your first few sentences it will take about 2 decades to complete Amaravati :P & make AP one of the top states of India.

But yes hyderabadis will be jealous of the city after a few decades, not in 10 years.

@bhagat @NIA @Srinivas @magudi Annalu, How about we make this thread the place where we post all updates related to Amaravati? Mee opinion enti?
I am a Telugu from Karnatakas kolar dist bordering rayalaseema (chittoor dist)and my family has marital relations with rayalaseema . about telugu its my mother tongue, and there are none who dosent know Telugu here , your idea is good make it a sticky thread so that we could keep track on the developments on amaravathi

ChandraBabu Naidu is a legend .He will finish this project within deadline .
Wish you a good luck to all Telugu people and Andhra Pradesh.

Thanks to both of you for your Best wishes :) !

& don't worry I'm sure under CBN the project will be complete.. but the lack of money+ question mark over amount of Help from Centre is the problem.

AM personally glad to see that Japan & Singapore actually sent someone to come to the ceremony :) :-)

@Josef K @Rajaraja Chola I told you that even Telugus have seen the Telugu dubbed version of Padayappa :azn: :partay:

Shameless fellow boycotted the ceremony saying farmers are being oppressed/forced.. Nice happened, he would have died of envy at the spot+ who needs a convicted criminal to grace the foundation ceremony of our new capital?

Some good news for AP.. (perhaps )on promises made??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Srikanth op Twitter: "Babu-Modi team will fulfil all promises made says PM @narendramodi hope the TDP-BJP Twitter fighters put their differences in back burner"
Avinash Shishoo op Twitter: "If Chandrababu Naidu gets a 10 year stint, #Amaravati could actually become India's model state capital. Best of luck, Andhraiites !!"

Well our nation has a good level of incompetent bureaucracy.And Centre has always showed a tight purse to demands of states .Our Vizhinjam project is another one .Nothing from centre ,entire expense is on the head of state govt.
But I think they will take a fair share of expense ,after all this is about India .

Thats good idea will post here if any updates..BTW Tammudu nuvu AP lo ekada..

Back
Top Bottom