What's new

Aman ki Asha: We are one

ShahidT

Reaction score
3-13-2013_1065_l.gif

'We are one, just separated by borders'

"Having lived in India all my life, I had never met Pakistanis before coming to Hong Kong University.

The idea of meeting people from across the border, affected by stereotypical assumptions, seemed a bit surreal. My experience here completely changed my perspective on Pakistan and its people.

Even though I live in a city that was formerly ruled by Nizams and thus has a rich Muslim culture, and one of my closest friends is a Muslim from Lucknow, I sometimes found myself making subliminal distinctions between "Muslims" and "Pakistanis" with the latter all being an extremist version of the former.

Making Pakistani friends has helped me grow immensely as a person. I've gone from being oblivious about the similarity between Pakistan and India's culture to being sure of the fact that we are one, just separated by borders. I can now be proud of the fact that I've not only discarded all the stereotypes, but also been a part of the Aman ki Asha and Romancing the Border initiative.

Kaanhari Singh,

New Delhi, India"

Wednesday, March 13, 2013. Source.

~

'I have always wanted to visit India'
3-13-2013_1063_l.gif

Pakistan National Cycling Team: Anam Mahmood on right. PTI photo

Anam Mahmood, 17, only woman in the Pakistan National Cyclingteam, is in Delhi for the Asian Cycling Championship, refusing to let her handicap hinder her dreams.

Her smile speaks a thousand words and her eyes tells the story of grit, determination and steely resolve as she only has the finishing line in her sight. So what if she can only communicate through her mother via sign language, 17-year-old Pakistan girl Anam Mahmood's story will be an inspiration for millions about what exactly willpower means.

Anam, the lone woman cyclist of the Pakistan contingent in the Asian Cycling Championship, will participate in the Road Race event on March 13.

"I was very happy when I was selected in the team. I have always wanted to visit India. Thankfully, God has granted me my wish," you could see the child-like joy as her mother Ruksana Mahmood acted as an interpreter.

After suffering from high fever when she was only nine months old, little Anam lost her hearing and speech abilities but luckily she had parents who were determined to ensure a better life for their bundle of joy.

Having started cycling at the age of 12, to make it to the national team in just five years is a brilliant achievement for the Lahore girl.

"She has been cycling since the age of 12. She was scouted by the coaches after she won an inter-school cycling competition," mother Ruksana said.

"It's always tough for a woman to make a name for herself. And if you have a disorder, it's nearly impossible. It's sheer hard work from her coaches that she has been able to come this far," Ruksana said in voice filled with gratitude.

The teenager is however disappointed that she won't be able to participate in her favourite track event (500m time trial) in which she is a national champion. The Pakistani cyclists got their visas late due to which she couldn't participate in the event held on Day I.

"I wish I had come early, I think I could have bettered my 500m time trial timings on this track. Unfortunately, that event was on Day 1," it was the only time that Anam looked dejected as she explained her feelings.

She was in awe of the IG stadium's cycling velodrome. "I have never seen a wooden cycling track before. We have cement tracks back in Lahore. This looks amazing," she said. One felt like applauding the girl for her spirit.

-PTI report

Wednesday, March 13, 2013. Source.

~

Aman ki asha

:smitten: :kiss3:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our future lies in different direction :) and even britain,americans,australians have same language i.e english.

welcometo u .perhaps now is not the best time 4 it

for some aman lies on the destruction of India and the death of 100crore Hindus and non-muslims of India. remember this. for many Pakistanis, the death of 100 crore unbelieving beasts is giving them excitement.
the blood dripping from the slaughtered head of Indian quench their thirst.

we, in India generally are secular people except some north Indian-Hindu jain elements.
if you befriend a Pakistani or middle easterner, He/She will act friendly to you, but they are brought up with the hatred for civilizations be it Jews,Christians or Hindus. for them, You are equivalent to animals and women equivalent to war booties during 7th century raids conducted by Arabis.

Pic1.jpg

:astagh:

First solve Kashmir and stop killing them. :angry:
In other words, hand over Kashmir on a silver platter to Pakistan! That's the only solution where Pakistan is concerned! But then 96% of Kashmiris don't want anything to do with Pakistan!! Sheeesh! That sucks, what?! :P

Back
Top Bottom