What's new

Am I Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 types of law governing the right for citizenship:
1. Jus Soli (right of the soil) or
2. Jus sanguinis (right of blood)

In the case of HK:

A modified form of jus soli is provided by the Basic Law of Hong Kong. According to Article 24(1) of the Basic Law of the territory, in force since the July 1997 transfer of sovereignty over Hong Kong, all citizens of the People's Republic of China born in the territory are permanent residents of the territory and have the right of abode in Hong Kong. Furthermore, according to Article 24(5) of the same law, non-citizens born to non-citizen permanent resident parents in Hong Kong also receive permanent residence at birth.

Other persons must "ordinarily reside" in Hong Kong for seven continuous years in order to gain permanent residence (Articles 24(2) and 24(5)). In Hong Kong, most political rights and eligibility for most welfare benefits are conferred to permanent residents regardless of citizenship; conversely, PRC citizens who are not permanent residents (such as residents of mainland China and Macau) are not conferred these rights and privileges.

Hong Kong's Immigration Ordinance initially restricted the application of Article 24(1) to babies whose parents had the right of abode at the time of the baby's birth. However, the Court of Final Appeal struck down this portion of the Immigration Ordinance in the 2001 case Director of Immigration v. Chong Fung Yuen. As a consequence, many women from mainland China began coming to Hong Kong to give birth; by 2008, the number of babies in the territory born to mainland mothers had grown to twenty-five times the number five years prior.
wikipedia

This guy is not pro China, he served the US army and has sworn his loyalty to the US

There are 56 ethnicities which comprise the Chinese nation, and Tibetan is one of them.

But if a person (of any Chinese ethnicity) hates China or Chinese people, then I don't see the point of them being a Chinese national, in that case they can apply for another nationality.

The majority of Tibetans though are good Chinese citizens. The few who are not, I'm not interested in them.

they can be degenerated into "traitors" and there are appropriate laws in each and every country of the the world to sort these people out!

There are 56 ethnicities which comprise the Chinese nation, and Tibetan is one of them.

But if a person (of any Chinese ethnicity) hates China or Chinese people, then I don't see the point of them being a Chinese national, in that case they can apply for another nationality.

The majority of Tibetans though are good Chinese citizens. The few who are not, I'm not interested in them.

Same with Ai Weiwei, he is a Chinese but then again he is anti China.

What do you believe about Tibetans. Are they Chinese or not? many of them are anti-chinese or do not want themselves to be called as chinese :what:

The Tibetans are still our cousins by blood, even the modern Uyghurs have a lot of Han DNA, if they have sworn their loyalty to China, then we will take them as Chinese even they are not 100% ethnic Han Chinese.

In case, those individuals who have mixed with the western whites, they are not our siblings, the whites don't like them, except using them as an anti-China tool, so there is no reason that we will accept those mongrels.

A good Chinese is to love his motherland and treat his fellow compatriots nicely, while behaving aggressively towards the hostile foreigners.

This is the exact problem of Chinese protectionism, well, if you are a "good" Chinese only when you attack hostile Non-chinese. This is very absurd as there are probably more Hostile Non-CHinese than Good Chinese. Then you need to count those who are not considered as a "Good Chinese"

So, gathered all the information, there are different type and class of Chinese

You got
Half chinese
Fake Chinese
Pure Chinese
Ethnic Chinese
Good Chinese and maybe
Other Chinese (Always leave an option for fail safe :)

You probably can't find this in any part of the world, if you want you can try to replace the above category with any other nationality and see if it fits

2 things

1.) You are putting my word in a context, i am referring to his word, saying something like "If you are not 100% chinese, you are not chinese) or soemthing along that line i forgot the exact wording. And i said, During this last 100 year, only 1 nationa would claim people who are not 100% of their own race is not of their own nationality, it's nazi germany.

2.) How you read the above information, i don't really care.

If i remember correctly, CHina currently have no clause like the S African, where you will be automatically refuse or decline to be a South African the moment you serve in an oversea armed force.

the very word "he served the US army and has sworn his loyalty to the US" is disputable as i also sworn on protecting the King of Sweden and burden of Defending Sweden when i sworn in as a Swedish Citizens, does that mean i am less patroitic in US and more in Sweden or otherwise? Also i have not even sworn on anything when i obtain my Australian Citizenship, does that mean my Citzienship is only a farce?

LAst time i check, China is NOT at war with either Australia, United States or Sweden, being loyal to US does not mean i am any less loyal to China, at least not to her as well.

20121101_38d347ef95e1337b31158R8MXe87TeM7.jpg

So what is your point?

If US one day ask veterans to re enter service and to declaring war to China, i wonder if you would attack your motherland. Just curious to know.

There are 2 types of law governing the right for citizenship:
1. Jus Soli (right of the soil) or
2. Jus sanguinis (right of blood)

In the case of HK:

they can be degenerated into "traitors" and there are appropriate laws in all the countries of the world to sort these people out!

LOL, call the HK Immigration Department and take me off the Permanent Reisdent Register lol, you want the number to the department?? See what they say?

Those Brit wannabes are the second class citizens in our eyes, but the HKers like CD and Fanlin Monk are just like the rest of us who are proud of our Hua Xia heritage.

Don't forget Grey Boy and Brotherhood as well. :woot:

Anytime there is good news from China, they will be the first to post it here.

If US one day ask veterans to re enter service and to declaring war to China, i wonder if you would attack your motherland. Just curious to know.

My answer is, they can't ask us to re-enlist unless i wanted to.

I joined the Military becasue of the 2 Planes that hit World Trade center, i don't particularly enjoy fighting, yes, i did killed people before but do i enjoy it for no reason, no.

Depens how China play in the role, if they attack us physically, i will re-enlist no matter how old am I, but if US looking for trouble with no reason, then i will not join the fight.

Unlike many people protrait, US is not a war machines that start war everywhere for no reason.

LOL, call the HK Immigration Department and take me off the Permanent Reisdent Register lol, you want the number to the department?? See what they say?

My answer is, they can't ask us to re-enlist unless i wanted to.

I joined the Military becasue of the 2 Planes that hit World Trade center, i don't particularly enjoy fighting, yes, i did killed people before but do i enjoy it for no reason, no.

Depens how China play in the role, if they attack us physically, i will re-enlist no matter how old am I, but if US looking for trouble with no reason, then i will not join the fight.

Unlike many people protrait, US is not a war machines that start war everywhere for no reason.

are you trying to dodge away from the question in post #50? the answer to that is a key to determine if your fit into the condition of "traitors“

Being a little more complicated than other ethnicity there are two ways to define being a Chinese: nationality and ethnicity.

1) Nationality - This group want/proud to be a Chinese national and their patriotism are toward China and Chinese ethnicity. They should speaker and write Chines. Please be noted there are actually more than 56 ethnic groups in China and will increase if naturalization come into effect.

2) Ethnicity - This group mainly concern oversea Chinese and where their loyalties lie. The group that want to be Chinese are proud to be one and their loyalties are to Hua Xia, Tangren or Huaren ethnicity, while some of them bias toward China and some, to lesser degrees, some bias toward Taiwan. Either way they want the best for China, their ancestral motherland, and will defend China and Chinese(ethnic) at any opportune time. This is the largest group and most of them do speak or want to learn to speak Chinese.

The second oversea group don't care if they're Chinese(ethnic) and in fact feel hindrance with their Chineseness and their loyalties are to the countries they belong. This group is rather small and some do speak Chinese. This group will sellout China and Chinese(ethnic) at any opportune time.

In my opinion Maggie Cheung belongs to Group 1) and Jsomething belongs to the latter of Group 2)

This is the exact problem of Chinese protectionism, well, if you are a "good" Chinese only when you attack hostile Non-chinese. This is very absurd as there are probably more Hostile Non-CHinese than Good Chinese. Then you need to count those who are not considered as a "Good Chinese"

So, gathered all the information, there are different type and class of Chinese

You got
Half chinese
Fake Chinese
Pure Chinese
Ethnic Chinese
Good Chinese and maybe
Other Chinese (Always leave an option for fail safe :)

You probably can't find this in any part of the world, if you want you can try to replace the above category with any other nationality and see if it fits

Every hostile anti-China foreigners and Chinese traitors are our enemies, if you have the bad intention toward us, then you are our enemy.

Don't forget Grey Boy and Brotherhood as well. :woot:

Anytime there is good news from China, they will be the first to post it here.

Grey Boy now only posts in CDF, and i miss Brotherhood, hopefully he can come back soon.

Grey Boy now only posts in CDF, and i miss Brotherhood, hopefully he can come back soon.

Those guys actually grew up in the same area of HK that I did, in 半山區 (Mid-levels).

I wish they would come back to this forum, but they got too annoyed by all the trolling.

are you trying to dodge away from the question in post #50? the answer to that is a key to determine if your fit into the condition of "traitors“

I don't know what you mean, i asnwered the question on #50, maybe you don't have a choice and need to go, my arse is not belong to Uncle Sam anymore, i can do what i want.

If Chinese attack America i will fight for America, if America attack China, i may fight for China, probably not after joining this forum :).

It's funny you got branded "Traitor" when you joined another country armed force as long as the Armed force did not fight for your country. Should i go to jail after i go back to China or should i be "reeducated"?

Every hostile anti-China foreigners and Chinese traitors are our enemies, if you have the bad intention toward us, then you are our enemy.

There are a lot of people in between, you can't think all Chinese would act on what you just said, there are not just good and evil, there are group that exist that just don't care. They have them in China or in the West.

You cannot asusme if the west is on to you then everyone is on to you, so does you cannot expect your country to do whatever you think it's right for the course of nature, people don't act like building block.

You can't tell your fellow Chinese what to do, as you have no Power, even if Chinese Premier say all Chinese should pick up a weapon and chase out any eveil foreigner, i wonder how many people will actually do it.

Being a little more complicated than other ethnicity there are two ways to define being a Chinese: nationality and ethnicity.

1) Nationality - This group want/proud to be a Chinese national and their patriotism are toward China and Chinese ethnicity. They should speaker and write Chines. Please be noted there are actually more than 56 ethnic groups in China and will increase if naturalization come into effect.

2) Ethnicity - This group mainly concern oversea Chinese and where their loyalties lie. The group that want to be Chinese are proud to be one and their loyalties are to Hua Xia, Tangren or Huaren ethnicity, while some of them bias toward China and some, to lesser degrees, some bias toward Taiwan. Either way they want the best for China, their ancestral motherland, and will defend China and Chinese(ethnic) at any opportune time. This is the largest group and most of them do speak or want to learn to speak Chinese.

The second oversea group don't care if they're Chinese(ethnic) and in fact feel hindrance with their Chineseness and their loyalties are to the countries they belong. This group is rather small and some do speak Chinese. This group will sellout China and Chinese(ethnic) at any opportune time.

In my opinion Maggie Cheung belongs to Group 1) and Jsomething belongs to the latter of Group 2)

Back to the topic:

The truth is that an ethnic Chinese Singaporean such as yourself would find it much easier to fit into Hong Kong compared to than those who are non-Chinese but want Chinese nationality.

The latter group will find it harder to become naturalized, but it's not impossible either. Many have done it, like the girl in the OP, who considers herself Chinese and now is a Chinese national as well.

I don't know what you mean, i asnwered the question on #50, maybe you don't have a choice and need to go, my arse is not belong to Uncle Sam anymore, i can do what i want.

If Chinese attack America i will fight for America, if America attack China, i may fight for China, probably not after joining this forum :).

It's funny you got branded "Traitor" when you joined another country armed force as long as the Armed force did not fight for your country. Should i go to jail after i go back to China or should i be "reeducated"?

There are a lot of people in between, you can't think all Chinese would act on what you just said, there are not just good and evil, there are group that exist that just don't care. They have them in China or in the West.

You cannot asusme if the west is on to you then everyone is on to you, so does you cannot expect your country to do whatever you think it's right for the course of nature, people don't act like building block.

You can't tell your fellow Chinese what to do, as you have no Power, even if Chinese Premier say all Chinese should pick up a weapon and chase out any eveil foreigner, i wonder how many people will actually do it.

I don't need to tell our fellow Chinese what to do, because every proud Chinese will react the same way as i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom