What's new

Am I Chinese

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Discrimination and racism virtually exist in every country: in Germany against the Turks, in France against the Arabs, in America against the Blacks, and so forth, even in Vietnam, against the ethnic minority.

I feel in Hongkong the more money you possess, the better you are. Money matters. Sure, the Hongkonger tend to discriminate others, too: mainlanders, Viets (former refugees), or Philippines and South Asians.

It's the same thing people in Hanoi look down on peons from countrysides and again that attitude happens everywhere and this is more based on the city people think they're richer and more refined than people from other areas.

In Hong Kong case the medias blown it way out of proportion by not digging deep enough where the troubles actually lie. The readers, as usual, take the big headlines and conclude their opinions. I'm not saying the Hong Kongers are right in every case but am certainly wouldn't say they're all wrong either.

I agree. Discrimination and racism virtually exist in every country: in Germany against the Turks, in France against the Arabs, in America against the Blacks, and so forth, even in Vietnam, against the ethnic minority.

I feel in Hongkong the more money you possess, the better you are. Money matters. Sure, the Hongkonger tend to discriminate others, too: mainlanders, Viets (former refugees), or Philippines and South Asians.

I will not ttry to find out what's discrimination there are in Hong Kong, the situation is too complicated and outsider will not know anything about.

There are degro term to just every other people in Hong Kong if they are not Born in Hong Kong to a Chinese parent. They have it for the South Asian, Black, Indian, Filipino, Mainlander, Vietnam Refugee, even White Westerner. I don't feel the Westerner particular look down on Chinese in Hong Kong but i sense the "Intense" relation is mostly due to they don't speak their language.

And that goes eitherway

Congrat Maggie Cheung!

Others should take her as example for their fight of recognition. We live in a bad world, one must fight and stand up.

By ethnicity she is a Pakistan woman and not Chinese but since she was born in HK she is entitled to be called a HongKonger. Because she was adopted by HK parents when she was very young she should follow the nationality of her adoptive parents. Not only does she have a HK id card but even possesses a home return permit which allows her to return to mainland. Nationality she is considered Chinese.

A non Chinese who wants a Chinese nationality is called a naturalized Chinese.

jhungary who only has a HK id card, born in Hawaii from a Chinese mother and possesses US passport. Ethnically speaking he is just half Chinese and nationality wise he isn't holding a Chinese passport. So really what makes him Chinese as he sometimes go scream around being an American, Australian, Swede or even Chinese. If he holds an Australian and Swedish passport then nationality speaking he is an Australian and Swede. If he doesn't have a passport from mainland how can he called a Chinese?

So in China you cant be Chinese national if you arent a Mongoloid Race Person? What happened to her is a negative example of racism and should not be tolerated. Im a bit dissappointed in China. Also because they worship europeans but dont like darker skinned asian like thai, or indian.

You can only be a Mongoloid if your father is Mongoloid or both your father and mother are Mongoloid. Even if your mother is Caucasoid and you look Caucasoid, still if your father is Mongoloid, you are Mongoloid. It is because all we trace our ancestry to our paternal origin. Paternal lineage is universally accepted. And paternal identity is the actual identity. Women don't have races, they are just some biological resources that men use to multiply their numbers. This is why we keep the surnames of our fathers, not mothers whose identity goes to oblivion in the next generation.

Please read my previous posts.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...dia-team-raise-stink-china-7.html#post3508786

I think, China should recognize those as Chinese who have Chinese fathers (does not matter who the mothers are, forget mothers). A Chinese can look Caucasoid (due to his Caucasoid mother, forget looks) but is Chinese by DNA as long as his father is Chinese. If someone's mother is Chinese and father is Caucasoid, he is not Chinese, no matter if he looks Chinese, speaks Chinese and follows Chinese cultural traits because of his Chinese mother.

jhungary who only has a HK id card, born in Hawaii from a Chinese mother and possesses US passport. Ethnically speaking he is just half Chinese and nationality wise he isn't holding a Chinese passport. So really what makes him Chinese as he sometimes go scream around being an American, Australian, Swede or even Chinese. If he holds an Australian and Swedish passport then nationality speaking he is an Australian and Swede. If he doesn't have a passport from mainland how can he called a Chinese?

It seems that those people need to hate China to be accepted in a white community.

By ethnicity she is a Pakistan woman and not Chinese but since she was born in HK she is entitled to be called a HongKonger. Because she was adopted by HK parents when she was very young she should follow the nationality of her adoptive parents. Not only does she have a HK id card but even possesses a home return permit which allows her to return to mainland. Nationality she is considered Chinese.

That's true. She was born here, she speaks Chinese, she is culturally Chinese, and she self-identifies as Chinese.

That by itself already makes her a Chinese.

The question is whether or not she is recognized as such by law. Her application originally faced problems because of bureaucratic red-tape over the fact that she did not have a stable income (which is very important in this type of application). And compounded by the fact that her adoptive parents did not sort out this issue when she was younger.

But in the end, the correct decision was made. And now she has successfully attained Chinese nationality.

A non Chinese who wants a Chinese nationality is called a naturalized Chinese.

Dude, i do have a HKSAR passport, if that's your classified requirment.

And by saying all that, you let people know at least how racist you are. Many Chinese-Australia, Chinese-American born without Chinese Nationality, yet they are still consider Chinese, even if they do not speak a word of Chinese, Chinese is not an Elite club, everybody have Chinese ancestory should be called Chinese.

Personally, i don't really care what's your term about Chinese on what's is and what's not, when i go back to Hong Kong, people still call me Chinese, so i don't really care some derangd dude don't really think i am Chinese is a matter lol :)

According to some Chinese user in this forum, she should not be called Chinese because she is not pure breed, so do you think Racism exist in Hong Kong?

The whites believe any person who has non-white gene is not white, and they were not nailed as racists.

So what's wrong for Chinese members here believe that a person with non-Chinese gene is not Chinese?

Anyway, she got her application approved, so she is now a Chinese national.

Even without Chinese nationality, I will still accept someone as Chinese if: They can speak a Chinese dialect, they follow Chinese culture, and they self-identify as Chinese.

So even those overseas Chinese with other nationalities, as long as they self-identify as being a Chinese person, then as far as I am concerned, they are right.

Nobody is gonna self identify himself as Chinese, respect Chinese culture, if his father is not Chinese. You sincerely love being a Chinese and respect Chinese culture because your father, who created YOU is a Chinese. Our mothers are just like fields (kshetra in Sanskrit) where we take birth, but our fathers are the seeds (Beejas in Sanskrit) which have created us.

In the Vedas, there a Sloka goes:

Pita swarga. Pita dharma,
Pita hi Paramang Tapo
Pitori pritima pannay
Priyantay sarva devata.

Pita means Father, Swarga means Heaven, Dharma means something which contains us/ religion, Paramang Tapo means absolute devotion and together they mean, your father is your heaven, your religion, your devotion, and if you please your father, you please all the gods.

Jhungary is half-Chinese??

From his posts I always thought he was a Vietnamese.

Dude, i do have a HKSAR passport, if that's your classified requirment.

And by saying all that, you let people know at least how racist you are. Many Chinese-Australia, Chinese-American born without Chinese Nationality, yet they are still consider Chinese, even if they do not speak a word of Chinese, Chinese is not an Elite club, everybody have Chinese ancestory should be called Chinese.

Personally, i don't really care what's your term about Chinese on what's is and what's not, when i go back to Hong Kong, people still call me Chinese, so i don't really care some derangd dude don't really think i am Chinese is a matter lol :)

Do you know why many Chinese Australia , Chinese-American are considered Chinese? Because both their parents are Chinese. Ethnic is Chinese even though they don't have a passport from China. That's is why there's a difference between nationality and ethnicity. It has nothing to do with racist retard, go look on the dictionary for the definition. Strictly speaking you are half Chinese (Ethnicity) and since you have a HKSAR passport then that's difficult to determine. HK is not a state so does HKSAR Passport represent even a nationality? I don't know let the HK people here explain.

The whites believe any person who has non-white gene is not white, and they were not nailed as racists.

So what's wrong for Chinese members here believe that a person with non-Chinese gene is not Chinese?

Exactly my point, he has been trying to label me as a racist because i only refer him as half-Chinese. When he asked me what a white American is called trying to get Chinese citizenship i told him i would call him a naturalized Chinese. Even then he would think using the word naturalized is a racist thing.

Exactly my point, he has been trying to label me as a racist because i only refer him as half-Chinese. When he asked me what a white American is called trying to get Chinese citizenship i told him i would call him a naturalized Chinese. Even then he would think using the word naturalized is a racist thing.

A Chinese citizen is not necessarily an ethnic Chinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom