What's new

All Pakistani F-16s are accounted for: US Govt buries Indian propaganda.

Seriously? Still spreading shit? No shame left?
Its year 2029!!

You are still here, asking this same question! .

Take that :cheers:

We live in a post truth world mate. The truth doesn't matter to these people. They know deep inside PAF humiliated them & their entire narrative is bs, but none of them, including the congress's secularists will question the IAF for blatantly lying for Modi's election campaign.
It was more political than military influenced. However now after a few months gone, at least the military leadership have realized they cannot lie through their teeth in today's world. Since they still cannot speak up the truth (without risking lynching) they have mostly chosen to stay silent. See how Bippin Rawat is out of the picture these days.

This was posted just to point out that US count of F-16 cant be trusted as they would try to cover it up and a neutral party can only verify Indian Claims. Just that. Please dont start bashing me.
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/0...Pakistani-F-16-US-in-a-coverup/8251553579200/

WASHINGTON -- A Pakistan Air Force F-16 accidentally shot down a companion F-16 previously reported to have been hit by a Soviet-made missile last May during combat over Afghanistan -- and U.S. officials assisted in the coverup, administration officials said Saturday.

'It was pilot error,' a U.S. intelligence source said of the jet fighter's loss.

Pakistan's attempt to cover up the accident was assisted by some Pentagon and State Department officials who felt the false report of a Soviet 'kill' might help promote Pakistan's bid to acquire sophisticated U.S.-made AWACS radar airplanes, administration sources told United Press International.

However, Pakistan first concocted the story primarily to 'save face' and prevent any embarrassment of its Air Force, which has created an F-16 craze among the Pakistani people, they said.

Asked about the disclosure that the plane was downed by friendly fire, a defense official at Pakistan's Washington embassy said, 'This we do not know because we have no links with our Air Force Department.' He declined further comment.

Ken Dirken, a State Department spokesman, denied any department involvement in a coverup of the accident, arguing that the United States lacked 'independent means of confirmation.' A Pentagon official, who stuck to the original contention that the Soviets downed the plane, acknowledged receiving reports of the accident but said they were regarded as 'less credible' than Pakistan's official version.

Following the incident, administration officials quoted Pakistani counterparts as announcing that six Soviet-made Afghan aircraft entered Pakistan airspace and that two Pakistani aircraft patrolling the area chased them across the border over neighboring Afghanistan.

Pakistani military officials said one of the Afghan planes then downed the F-16 with an air-to-air missile, according to U.S. analysts.

Pakistan operates 40 F-16s which it has received under a $3.2 billion military aid plan that began in 1981.

An administration official described the aircraft as 'indisputably superior' to any comparable Soviet planes in the region. The official said Pakistan was particularly embarrassed about the accident because the F-16 has 'seized the imagination of the Pakistani people' to the extent that there are 'F-16 cafes, F-16 T-shirts and F-16 bumper stickers. You can even see F-16s on the flaps of buses in Islamabad.'

Administration officials told UPI the actual accidental shoot-down of the F-16 occurred May 1 when a pair of F-16s were flying air patrol along the hostile Afghan border.

A U.S. intelligence source said, 'The Soviets attempted deception,' using the Su-22s as decoys to lure the F-16s into pursuit and then 'ambushed them with MiGs.'

Said one, 'The Afghan pilots like to fly in trail -- in other words, two or three planes fly abreast with other planes following two to four miles behind.'

In the ensuing dogfight, an F-16 fired an AIM-9L air-to-air missile and turned, but the plane on his wing 'crossed into the missile's path' and 'simply flew into it,' administration officials said.

A U.S. analyst said, 'This isn't hearsay. Theevidence is indisputable.'

A State Department official said 'this kind of accident is not unknown to our own Air Force,' noting that at least three similar incidents had occurred during the Vietnam War involving F-4 fighter bombers.

According to Soviet-controlled Afghanistan press reports at the time, the F-16s were in pursuit of Soviet-made Su-22 fighter-bombers when they were 'jumped' -- or surprised -- by MiG-23 fighters.

The Afghan press reports simply said the Pakistani had been downed.

Administration officials said that the F-16 crashed on Afghan territory. The pilot ejected, and parachuted into Afghanistan. He later was safely returned to Pakistan by Mujahedin rebels, they said.

A U.S. intelligence source said that the accident 'is by no means' a reflection on the competence of the Pakistan Air Force whose pilots are 'excellent -- second perhaps only to Israel's in skill and capability.'

On March 30, Pakistani F-16s shot down two Soviet aircraft, a An-26 bomber and a Su-22 fighter, in air-to-air skirmishes over Pakistani territory, administration officials said. On April 16, Pakistan F-16s destroyed another Su-22.

'Most violations of Pakistan territory are very quick and very shallow. You have to be there on the spot,' administration officials said.

The officials said that there have been 497 violations of Pakistan's airspace as of July 3, exceeding the 1986 pace that resulted in a year-end total of 750 violations.

Pakistan is still talking with the United States about acquiring three Grumman E-2C Hawkeye airborne warning planes to help curb incursions by Soviet fighters from Afghanistan, but the Joint Chiefs of Staff argued that there are no Hawkeyes available and assigning any to Pakistan would lower U.S. readiness requirements, administration officials said.

This was posted just to point out that US count of F-16 cant be trusted as they would try to cover it up and a neutral party can only verify Indian Claims. Just that. Please dont start bashing me.
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/0...Pakistani-F-16-US-in-a-coverup/8251553579200/

WASHINGTON -- A Pakistan Air Force F-16 accidentally shot down a companion F-16 previously reported to have been hit by a Soviet-made missile last May during combat over Afghanistan -- and U.S. officials assisted in the coverup, administration officials said Saturday.

'It was pilot error,' a U.S. intelligence source said of the jet fighter's loss.

Pakistan's attempt to cover up the accident was assisted by some Pentagon and State Department officials who felt the false report of a Soviet 'kill' might help promote Pakistan's bid to acquire sophisticated U.S.-made AWACS radar airplanes, administration sources told United Press International.

However, Pakistan first concocted the story primarily to 'save face' and prevent any embarrassment of its Air Force, which has created an F-16 craze among the Pakistani people, they said.

Asked about the disclosure that the plane was downed by friendly fire, a defense official at Pakistan's Washington embassy said, 'This we do not know because we have no links with our Air Force Department.' He declined further comment.

Ken Dirken, a State Department spokesman, denied any department involvement in a coverup of the accident, arguing that the United States lacked 'independent means of confirmation.' A Pentagon official, who stuck to the original contention that the Soviets downed the plane, acknowledged receiving reports of the accident but said they were regarded as 'less credible' than Pakistan's official version.

Following the incident, administration officials quoted Pakistani counterparts as announcing that six Soviet-made Afghan aircraft entered Pakistan airspace and that two Pakistani aircraft patrolling the area chased them across the border over neighboring Afghanistan.

Pakistani military officials said one of the Afghan planes then downed the F-16 with an air-to-air missile, according to U.S. analysts.

Pakistan operates 40 F-16s which it has received under a $3.2 billion military aid plan that began in 1981.

An administration official described the aircraft as 'indisputably superior' to any comparable Soviet planes in the region. The official said Pakistan was particularly embarrassed about the accident because the F-16 has 'seized the imagination of the Pakistani people' to the extent that there are 'F-16 cafes, F-16 T-shirts and F-16 bumper stickers. You can even see F-16s on the flaps of buses in Islamabad.'

Administration officials told UPI the actual accidental shoot-down of the F-16 occurred May 1 when a pair of F-16s were flying air patrol along the hostile Afghan border.

A U.S. intelligence source said, 'The Soviets attempted deception,' using the Su-22s as decoys to lure the F-16s into pursuit and then 'ambushed them with MiGs.'

Said one, 'The Afghan pilots like to fly in trail -- in other words, two or three planes fly abreast with other planes following two to four miles behind.'

In the ensuing dogfight, an F-16 fired an AIM-9L air-to-air missile and turned, but the plane on his wing 'crossed into the missile's path' and 'simply flew into it,' administration officials said.

A U.S. analyst said, 'This isn't hearsay. Theevidence is indisputable.'

A State Department official said 'this kind of accident is not unknown to our own Air Force,' noting that at least three similar incidents had occurred during the Vietnam War involving F-4 fighter bombers.

According to Soviet-controlled Afghanistan press reports at the time, the F-16s were in pursuit of Soviet-made Su-22 fighter-bombers when they were 'jumped' -- or surprised -- by MiG-23 fighters.

The Afghan press reports simply said the Pakistani had been downed.

Administration officials said that the F-16 crashed on Afghan territory. The pilot ejected, and parachuted into Afghanistan. He later was safely returned to Pakistan by Mujahedin rebels, they said.

A U.S. intelligence source said that the accident 'is by no means' a reflection on the competence of the Pakistan Air Force whose pilots are 'excellent -- second perhaps only to Israel's in skill and capability.'

On March 30, Pakistani F-16s shot down two Soviet aircraft, a An-26 bomber and a Su-22 fighter, in air-to-air skirmishes over Pakistani territory, administration officials said. On April 16, Pakistan F-16s destroyed another Su-22.

'Most violations of Pakistan territory are very quick and very shallow. You have to be there on the spot,' administration officials said.

The officials said that there have been 497 violations of Pakistan's airspace as of July 3, exceeding the 1986 pace that resulted in a year-end total of 750 violations.

Pakistan is still talking with the United States about acquiring three Grumman E-2C Hawkeye airborne warning planes to help curb incursions by Soviet fighters from Afghanistan, but the Joint Chiefs of Staff argued that there are no Hawkeyes available and assigning any to Pakistan would lower U.S. readiness requirements, administration officials said.
There is a member on this forum @Knuckles his father was that F16 driver. Grow up bit now and accept the defeat.

ohhh bhai cover up ko mar goli just check how many pics and videos on social media of mig-21 hundreds of them . its smartphone era even beggars have smartphones . if an f-16 was fall down we will have dozens of pics videos of it . that day only two birds down mi-17 and mig-21 just search it you will find 500 people uploaded pics videos of these both birds . BTW you can think whatever its free .

yea sure

ask Bangladesh or Nepal to count?
dont look for something thats not there looking for F-16
you might end up finding a downed SU 30 with an AMRAAM up its arse.

get over it buddy. PAF fucked the IAF to the core. in broad day light. leaving your PM to mourn that lack of Rafales made him see that day

no F-16 was lost on our side. the only air kill scored by IAF was that unfortunate Indian Mi 17 helicopter.

@Windjammer @DESERT FIGHTER @Areesh

India will never be able to get rid of the claim that made to calm public but failed to prove at all. By the way we are talking about no shot V/s friendly fire.

Even if it has to be covered, India has a lot of evidence, friends and then has the US Congress in pocket while having demand for fighter pilot, can easily price it.

The kill that India is looking at, is only that of Mi-17 and waved the piece of AMRAAM helping to validate another kill by PAF. India uses every satellite to find the so-called training camps but never found the downed Falcon. India should search and might help us find SU wreckage similarly to what Indians called it F-16 engine that turned out to be Mig-21. Eagerly waiting for India to search some proof.

Desperation as such may be nothing except that it's haunting back Modi so badly and even those who trusted the hoax on 27th. Live with it.

ohhh bhai cover up ko mar goli just check how many pics and videos on social media of mig-21 hundreds of them . its smartphone era even beggars have smartphones . if an f-16 was fall down we will have dozens of pics videos of it . that day only two birds down mi-17 and mig-21 just search it you will find 500 people uploaded pics videos of these both birds . BTW you can think whatever its free .
han bhai, panga nhi le rha, jhoot hi hoga, bas came across something i thought worth mentioning , maaf hi kardo

India will never be able to get rid of the claim that made to calm public but failed to prove at all. By the way we are talking about no shot V/s friendly fire.

Even if it has to be covered, India has a lot of evidence, friends and then has the US Congress in pocket while having demand for fighter pilot, can easily price it.
Maybe , even i think the evidence IAF provided was inadequate, but there are some stick points which will require some more evidence for me to let go of, but if its true i am sure in future some clue will come out becoz things like this in past have been hidden by various millitary and comes out later. I am saying its most probably not true but not certainly. Hope you understand my skepticism becoz there was this place charhoi in which communication, net everything was halted for more than a week after the fight, which was suspicious and there is a video of a pakistani saying something crashed there and the 1 month long time for showing balakot. These are circumstantial things and i understand they have less weight. And also i will agree that 27th feb went in pakistan favour decisively. But let me have my skepticism :-):-):-):-)

self delete
kyunn ???? $_$

these day a normal air crash have videos pics uploaded before even airforce reached that place look the last mig-21 baby fall down in desert of rajhistan before he touch down his video was captured .same can be seen last drone of pakistan navy was down 3 days ago people upload pics on social media .it was just tiny drone

these day a normal air crash have videos pics uploaded before even airforce reached that place look the last mig-21 baby fall down in desert of rajhistan before he touch down his video was captured .same can be seen last drone of pakistan navy was down 3 days ago people upload pics on social media .it was just tiny drone
That is the case surely, but dont you think armies all over the world also hide so much stuff. Or you think everything is transparent becoz of the technology now ?

Maybe , even i think the evidence IAF provided was inadequate, but there are some stick points which will require some more evidence for me to let go of, but if its true i am sure in future some clue will come out becoz things like this in past have been hidden by various millitary and comes out later. I am saying its most probably not true but not certainly. Hope you understand my skepticism becoz there was this place charhoi in which communication, net everything was halted for more than a week after the fight, which was suspicious and there is a video of a pakistani saying something crashed there and the 1 month long time for showing balakot. These are circumstantial things and i understand they have less weight. And also i will agree that 27th feb went in pakistan favour decisively. But let me have my skepticism :-):-):-):-)

kyunn ???? $_$

Why not to read in detail to satisfy your own skepticism.

That is the case surely, but dont you think armies all over the world also hide so much stuff. Or you think everything is transparent becoz of the technology now ?

Instead of acting too much innocent, bear the torture with us and go through all 63 pages. No more conspiracy based skepticism.

they hide deep details not this much wide thing . only mig-21 was shot down and hundreds of peoples captured it with mobile cameras . we meet abhinandan from public videos . once ISPR chief said it right . these days if two bikes collide each other people start taking pics videos and uploading it and India is talking about hidden f-16 ?

Instead of acting too much innocent, bear the torture with us and go through all 63 pages. No more conspiracy based skepticism.
Thanks for merging, and i have and i think if there is anything more to reveal, it might come up later, i think there are still holes in the story from both IAF and PAF which i think retired people will fill slowly. Its for those time sake. You must agree too that there are some plot holes. Not everything became clear that day. I felt both sides didnt do justice to people like us who want to know the documentary of things that unfolded. Hope you see my point of view.

they hide deep details not this much wide thing . only mig-21 was shot down and hundreds of peoples captured it with mobile cameras . we meet abhinandan from public videos . once ISPR chief said it right . these days if two bikes collide each other people start taking pics videos and uploading it and India is talking about hidden f-16 ?
That very well maybe the case. Have you read about the time US stole the sunked nuclear submarine of Russia that came out decades later. Submarine + Nuclear + Russia , imagine the secrecy. So just saying not everything was cleared out that day.

Oh you meant here, i would surely, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom