What's new

ALERT 🚨 India conducts night trial of Prithvi II missile from Integrated Test Range off Odisha coast

There is ofcourse.

Look at the fins of Prithvi, aerodynamically it is a disaster at this time and age. I am not trying to undermine their achievements, but as the OP bragged about the missile, its still un use and the Indian strategic forces still count on this platform.

Those planar fins of type of flight control surfaces used in this missile are long expired. My little knowledge tells me that design is a disaster for a pro claimed missile power tgat launches satellite carriers. Unless all are imported technologies like other Indian systems with Russian/western origin

Large control surfaces, fins add high RCS. But thats not the point, this is their test vehicle for whatever they are trying to check on it, could be new RV, new motor with same dia, new fuel etc etc congratulations to whoever got his/her experiment results.

but then again, we have zero stake in Indopak theatre.

I just shared my point of view about this missile mentioned in the OP. Unfortunately @Joe Shearer changed the course of discussion by playing the role of an smart a**.
A smart arse.
Is your missile technology on par with your English?

the Agni family is the proud of Indian strategic forces,
It can be used for conventional warfare, other than by the strategic forces. That is the glad of our military.
The massage was delivered well.
Thai? Swedish?

Are the details secret, because of aerodynamic reasons?
Well if they showed RV hitting the target on pre-set camera position like how we show then it's all fine. They may be checking the re-entry vehicle or could be improved motor or many other possibilities exist.
Whatever it is, we were not conducting tests for the delight and entertainment of some random posters. We certainly weren't building missiles for sex appeal but for effectiveness, and we weren't building one or two, we built whole families of them, several distinct ranges, without much fuss or bother.

Last edited:
A smart arse.
Is your missile technology on par with your English?
Possibly, and maybe that is because we were not completely colonized by the brits for years. Otherwise, my english could be on par with yours.

It can be used for conventional warfare, other than by the strategic forces.
You must know that better than others as someone from India.

Possibly, and maybe that is because we were not completely colonized by the brits for years. Otherwise, my english could be on par with yours.
No, they occupied the country for a while, found it useless to occupy and ran away as fast as they could.

Read up about the occupation of the country by the British and by Soviet Russia in WWII.

You must know that better than others as someone from India.
By that criterion, we know everything better.

Noob question: In today's world, does it really matter if a missile is fired during day or night?

Whatever it is, we were not conducting tests for the delight and entertainment of some random posters. We certainly weren't building missiles for sex appeal but for effectiveness, and we weren't building one or two, we built whole families of them, several distinct ranges, without much fuss or bother.
When you have zero evidence for effectiveness of your missiles, its better to stay silent like always instead of bitching around. All of your military technologies are imported and this prithvi test shows that you havent even changed its aerodynamics. If you knew what aerodynamic means.

The rented AC, components of Tejas, Russian Helis, Russian fighters etc. Not to mention that you have turned into a complete shame to Russian Sukhoi family.
No, they occupied the country for a while, found it useless to occupy and ran away as fast as they could.

Read up about the occupation of the country by the British and by Soviet Russia in WWII.
Is that your whole knowledge of history? Disappointing joe, Iran is an energy rich country unlike India. India has been a good stooge nothing more. Iran lost lands, its true but never got completely occupied by any global power due to internal resistance, read about دلیران تنگستان joe.

All of your military technologies are imported and this prithvi test shows that you havent even changed its aerodynamics.
Shows how much you know about it.

The rented AC, components of Tejas, Russian Helis, Russian fighters etc. Not to mention that you have turned into a complete shame to Russian Sukhoi family.
Yeah, right. British, Swedish, Japanese, Koreans, Israelis, Chinese everyone has imported components in their aircraft. I admit that the papier mache versions made by one country are all indigenous, but those fools are in a class of their own.

Is that your whole knowledge of history?
No, that is the pertinent part. Did you even know about it?

Disappointing joe, Iran is an energy rich country unlike India.
Yes, that occurs in the history books. We know how to spell Mossadegh.

Disappointing joe, Iran is an energy rich country unlike India.
Yes, that occurs in the history books. We know how to spell Mossadegh.
In his bedroom?
Safely so! But on earnest and repeated supplication, visual representations may be made available.

There is ofcourse.

Look at the fins of Prithvi, aerodynamically it is a disaster at this time and age. I am not trying to undermine their achievements, but as the OP bragged about the missile, its still un use and the Indian strategic forces still count on this platform.

Those planar fins of type of flight control surfaces used in this missile are long expired. My little knowledge tells me that design is a disaster for a pro claimed missile power tgat launches satellite carriers. Unless all are imported technologies like other Indian systems with Russian/western origin
This will soon be replaced by this missile called pralay

Btw, our testbed
View attachment 854446

Versus theirs.
Scud copy it looks like .

This will soon be replaced by this missile called pralay

Scud copy it looks like .

Pralay means VINAASH.... A TOTAL DESTRUCTION THAT CANNOT BE AVOIDED.....

If so, then all the ballistic missiles are copies of German V-2 BM. But still the Scud variant used as a testbed is much better than what the OP has posted.

Good, i would consider it as a progress.

My friend if you are comparing today Prithvi with scuds used in gulf war then you are making mistakes..... I agree Iran is a great missile power and have proven even against USA but seems you underestimate Indian missiles too much.... I suggest you to take some free time and study about Indian missiles.....

Back
Top Bottom