What's new

Al-Qaeda takes over town in Yemen

rama

Reaction score
Al-Qaeda militants seized full control of a town south of the Yemeni capital on Monday, overrunning army positions, storming the local prison and freeing at least 150 inmates, security officials said.

The capture of Radda in Bayda province, some 160 km south of the capital Sana'a, underscores the growing strength of the al-Qaeda in Yemen as it continues to take advantage of the weakness of a central government struggling to contain nearly a year of massive anti-government protests.

The Opposition has accused President Ali Abdullah Saleh, who is to step down this month in line with a power transfer deal, of allowing the militants to overrun the city to bolster his claims that he must remain in power to secure the country against the rising power of Islamist militants. — AP
The Hindu : Today's Paper / INTERNATIONAL : Al-Qaeda takes over town in Yemen

Too bad your military conspired with US to damage the true democratic people in pakistan.

Lets stick to yemen here...since this thread is abt yemen.u can show ur obsession abt Pakistan in some other thread abt pakistan. :cheers:

Would they rebaptize the village AQ 2.0? I heard AQ is named AQ after the village where the Laden family is from. Poor villagers must have to tell immigration officials they're from al qa3idah!

Lets stick to yemen here...since this thread is abt yemen.u can show ur obsession abt Pakistan in some other thread abt pakistan. :cheers:

@cheekybird I agree . The sticking with the topic part. Obsession part though, is a gross misrepresentation of his appetite for Trolling on such forums.

@cheekybird I agree . The sticking with the topic part. Obsession part though, is a gross misrepresentation of his appetite for Trolling on such forums.
Did you just called me a troll. :)
I am not, I just meant al qaida failed in pakistan, I would have said same, if he was saudi / afgan.

Back
Top Bottom