What's new

Al-Qaeda remains resilient and continues to cooperate closely with Lashkar-e-Taiba: UN report

Hi, there is a stark difference between a brutal group like the Al Qaeda and the Lashkar E Toiba. If you see the LeT's targets in the past they have mostly been Indian military figures or politicians. Al Qaeda targets innocents with absolute impunity.

Another difference is the capacity. Since being banned and accounts blocked LeT has no power in Pakistan even if it exists. Their ideology resonates more in Indian occupied Kashmir where oppression is rife.

There has to be a different gauge for groups that target civilians mercilessly and groups that target soldiers. There is a big difference.

I read thier previous 2-3 reports and there was no mention of lashkar-e-taiba. Dont think this report takes into account the recent crackdown on the organisation.

That could be possible. They said that they conducted all their activities for this report from January 2019 till June 2019. But they did not specify when their last activity was concerning the monitoring of Al-Qaida and their relation to Lashkar-e-Taiba. I do not know when the recent crackdown on Lashkar-e-Taiba started, but if it began in July 2019, then it would not be mentioned in this report. But if the crackdown has its desired effect, then I would expect it to be mentioned in the next report.

Last edited:
I read thier previous 2-3 reports and there was no mention of lashkar-e-taiba. Dont think this report takes into account the recent crackdown on the organisation.

Let's see result of that crackdown effect (as deemed by world) later in year and next if Pakistan is kept on FATF greylist.

Hi, there is a stark difference between a brutal group like the Al Qaeda and the Lashkar E Toiba. If you see the LeT's targets in the past they have mostly been Indian military figures or politicians. Al Qaeda targets innocents with absolute impunity.

Another difference is the capacity. Since being banned and accounts blocked LeT has no power in Pakistan even if it exists. Their ideology resonates more in Indian occupied Kashmir where oppression is rife.

There has to be a different gauge for groups that target civilians mercilessly and groups that target soldiers. There is a big difference.

This attitude is what costing you 10 billion dollars a year right now by being on FATF greylist. In the end you have to learn things this hard way.

Let's see result of that crackdown effect (as deemed by world) later in year and next if Pakistan is kept on FATF greylist.

LeT is a shadow of its former self. They dont get any monetory support like they used to in 90's or 00's.

You guys have just made him a bogeyman needlessly.

Back
Top Bottom