What's new

Al-Qaeda claims slaying of ISI brigadier

ISI is a discredited organisation which selectively targets terrorist organisation & secretively funds "terror asserts" including Al Qaeda affiliates to be mainly used against India & getting strategic hold in Afghanistan , Af- Pak area. Even the Americans know it & many have also written about it.
All countries do the same including raw agency of india

Definately a insider attack. Precise info about Brigadier movements and whereabouts. The number of gun men he had, that attackers targeted them all rendering them incapable to come after them
All brigadiers have several guards attached with them,

AQ was formed in pakistan.
Pakistan is considered core of AQ global.
Zawahiri is believed to be in pakistan.
OBL was living and operating out of Pakistan
AQIS is headed by a pakistani and based out of Pakistan.

Discount these facts if you can.

Farts, Not facts.

He was on leave and on a private assignment and therefore was without protection. Other senior officers on leave better be more careful. It could happen again. This could be a new strategy by the al Qaeda to target senior officers whilst on leave when they are the most vulnerable.
Again, inside job.

So they become that much capable, to target a one star general in an intelligence agency.
What the hell was that???/:wacko:

Hi,

It is not that they have capability--the problem with Pakistanis is that they don't take to threats seriously---.

So you're saying Pakistan created Al Qaeda? You're very out of touch with reality if you believe in that conspiracy theory.

NO, I am not saying that at all.
What I am saying is that Paksitan created a mind-set which created and nurtures organisations like Al Queda, TTP, LET, LEJ, JEM, JUI, HUJI, JUD, and whole lot of 'alphabet soup-like' extremist and Terrorist groups. And they all say that they are "Soldiers of Allah" and are "fighting in the way of Allah". Even the PA (thanks to that Bigot Zia ul Haq) also says the same.

Also do not forget that the PA and ISI came up with the "brilliant notion" of creating "good cobras" who would fight "religious wars" on their behalf against their enemies on Pakistan's side. That was sheer idiocy since all cobras are poisonous and all cobras kill indiscriminately. There is just no such thing as a "good cobra" or a "bad cobra".
Now the pay-back or blow-back of that policy is happening. Is'nt it a tragedy and shame that PA soldiers, officers and its material assets are now being attacked by these very elements?

There are so many instances of even ex-PA, ex-PAF, ex-PN and ex-ISI personnel planning and executing these attacks. That is what I am talking about. Pakistan has a seminal role in all this; now sadly at great cost to itself and its people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Farts, Not facts.

al-qaeda.jpg

The top 5 militant leaders still hiding in Pakistan - Ayman al-Zawahiri - CSMonitor.com

Pirs at Sufi shrines are easy targets. I do security duty routinely at Mehfil-e-Zikr in Lahore and Multan. I know how easy it is to breach security, because we do not carry weapons, and hired gun-men are next to useless. Militants inspired by Najdi ideas have an unthinking, unfeeling, fanatical mind-set.

Politicians and Sufis have to stay in touch with people most times. It is just a given. Nothing can be done about it.

That is really the tragedy of it all. I still remember the great tragedy of the attack on the Shrine of Data Darbar. It really hurts to know that these physical embodiments of Universal Love and Brotherhood are becoming soft-targets.

That is really the tragedy of it all. I still remember the great tragedy of the attack on the Shrine of Data Darbar. It really hurts to know that these physical embodiments of Universal Love and Brotherhood are becoming soft-targets.

probably needs a cultural, theological and economical structural changes.

Lack of economic opportunities is one thing, but there must be a mind set of tolerating different view points.

NO, I am not saying that at all.
What I am saying is that Paksitan created a mind-set which created and nurtures organisations like Al Queda, TTP, LET, LEJ, JEM, JUI, HUJI, JUD, and whole lot of 'alphabet soup-like' extremist and Terrorist groups. And they all say that they are "Soldiers of Allah" and are "fighting in the way of Allah". Even the PA (thanks to that Bigot Zia ul Haq) also says the same.

Also do not forget that the PA and ISI came up with the "brilliant notion" of creating "good cobras" who would fight "religious wars" on their behalf against their enemies on Pakistan's side. That was sheer idiocy since all cobras are poisonous and all cobras kill indiscriminately. There is just no such thing as a "good cobra" or a "bad cobra".
Now the pay-back or blow-back of that policy is happening. Is'nt it a tragedy and shame that PA soldiers, officers and its material assets are now being attacked by these very elements?

There are so many instances of even ex-PA, ex-PAF, ex-PN and ex-ISI personnel planning and executing these attacks. That is what I am talking about. Pakistan has a seminal role in all this; now sadly at great cost to itself and its people.

I don't disagree, but I think you're putting the blame only on Pakistan. Countries such as US and KSA have had an equally or more important role in getting the world to where it is.

I don't disagree, but I think you're putting the blame only on Pakistan. Countries such as US and KSA have had an equally or more important role in getting the world to where it is.

No please, again I am not blaming Pakistan alone. But all the 'hack-work' was done by Pakistan. Al Queda may have also been the creation of USA and KSA. But who created all the rest of the motley gang that I listed above?

Again, I reiterate; Pakistan created an atmosphere that was conducive to creating and growing all these Islamist-based groups. And even in the case of the episode where USA and KSA inspired and funded these activities; why did Pakistan jump on the band-wagon so whole-heartedly and enthusiastically?

The roots of all that; go back to the firmly held conviction which became the bed of Strategic Thinking in Pakistan that such elements could be gainfully employed to fight Pakistan's battles with its neighbors while it could safely hide behind the "Doctrine of Plausible Deniability". Thanks to that kind of thinking; our vocabulary got enriched with the expression of "Non State Actors".

All of this was put to work using the idea of fighting a "Holy War" then. Now those "Holy Warriors" have taken their loyalties beyond their nationality, identity and everything else. I also find it ironical that the Pakistan Army tells its soldiers; that they are also "Holy Warriors".
So is there a difference between these two kinds of "Holy Warriors"?
Is there a difference between the Allah that these "Holy Warriors" profess to be fighting for?
There is the Great Conundrum!

Pakistan released the "Genie" out of the bottle; now the question is........will Pakistan be able to put it back into the bottle again and put the lid back on?
While USA and KSA are sitting smugly as spectators.

probably needs a cultural, theological and economical structural changes.

Lack of economic opportunities is one thing, but there must be a mind set of tolerating different view points.

Needs a great deal more than that. It needs a fundamental re-look at the raison d'etre of the Nation itself; it needs a rethinking of National Identity. It needs redefinition of National Aspirations.

Last edited:
We need secret gas chambers inside Balochistan's mountains for such traitors, especially the ones from Hizb-ut-Tahrir. Replacing the loss of a highly experienced ISI official is simply not possible.

18+

@Icarus @Xeric @Irfan Baloch > How long till we keep losing men to these monsters?

@Horus would you please share the link? I need to show this to my Sufi brothers. There are lessons to be learned from this for arranging security. The security in this video was totally non-existent. Brig sb should have been much more careful, considering everything. No security was possible in this situation. Whenever I am tasked for over-seeing security, I routinely check all access points and make sure that key points are occupied by security volunteers and that there are multiple layers as well as at least two points where people are frisked. Where hundreds of people assemble, one must take all necessary precautions.

@Bang Galore , @Ravi Nair and others who are talking about theological & social reform should know that they are addressing sensitive issues that go beyond the scope of this thread as well as most discussions. Jihad is a part of Islam, and just because some people use the concept to do stuff like this, we can not reform the concept or the religion. Muslims have yet to come up with effective answers to modern challenges, and all our efforts in that direction are being actively thwarted.

This should also be a lesson for those who love to find fault with constitutionalism, are security obsessed and think that violence is a justifiable answer to all perceived problems. It is just a thin line that separates this mind-set from actual terrorism. @Zarvan

@Bang Galore , @Ravi Nair and others who are talking about theological & social reform should know that they are addressing sensitive issues that go beyond the scope of this thread as well as most discussions. Jihad is a part of Islam, and just because some people use the concept to do stuff like this, we can not reform the concept or the religion. Muslims have yet to come up with effective answers to modern challenges, and all our efforts in that direction are being actively thwarted.

Err....not me. Not on this thread.

What the connection of HuT here?

In terms of subversion tactics, HT has a very strong connection here.

It is part of their stated doctrine to recruit from the military and to bring change from within. They are one of the main outfits who actively look to subvert military men.

This old article is quite useful:

Pakistan's Military: Infiltration by the Hizbut Tahrir? by Rana Banerji

Another example:
Pakistan army officer held over suspected Hizb ut-Tahrir links | World news | The Guardian

We need secret gas chambers inside Balochistan's mountains for such traitors, especially the ones from Hizb-ut-Tahrir. Replacing the loss of a highly experienced ISI official is simply not possible.
How long till we keep losing men to these monsters?

There has been some work to curb HT influence within the Army and ISI, they use a very palatable vehicle that easily appeals to the younger officers and enlisted men in particular. I am certain you must have seen that video from Al-Aqsa where the HT gathered a massive crowd chanting for Pak Army to intervene in the Palestine conflict. There was not a single YO in my entire contact list that did not forward me the said video and quiz me over PA's inaction over Palestine at which point I opened up everything I know about the economy of war and question of national interest. They were unconvinced but "Yes Sir'd" me none the less as is the norm in the forces but its easy to see the appeal they generate and the feeling of common belief that they build upon. HT's entire manifesto builds around hijacking the military hierarchy and using Pakistan's military to meet their goal of establishing a caliphate.

Back
Top Bottom