What's new

Al-Khalid tank (Type 90-IIM / MBT-2000) Information Pool

Or the Chinese can design an engine for AK. They should have something in place for Mbt2000, which is what AK is based on.
I don't think it's possible. It's not economical in a sense. All Chinese tank are going auto transmission direction which gearbox need to build into the engine to form a big power pack. AK1 Structure are not possible with auto transmission system. It will need a major redesign that will end up a VT-4 tank. Chinese are not going to go backwards by making a manual transmission engine for export or even domestic use.

A very big reason why PA buys VT-4 tank. VT-4 mbt ensures PA tank fleet has no engine constraint problem while possess a leading advance power pack that can matched the west.

The new one seems to have more Modular Composite Armour I think.

Both versions have modular composite armor blocks on turret and front hull. The improved version has 3rd gen TI sight as standard, a better muzzle reference system and gun bending sensor, enhanced multi process FCC, improved sensors. The digital driver panel and IBMS is also enhanced. Overall, the situation awareness of the Ak-1 has been improved.

Note, it shares a few systems from the VT-4 as well.

Production of AK-1 at Tank Factory continues. Hull composite armor block is clearly visible.

1605507183246.png

Ak and AK-1 side by side

1605507632375.png

Last edited:
Interestingly, PA was not satisfied with the performance of driver's steering wheel in Alkhalid. The Alkhalid-1 now has tillers instead of the steering wheel. Adjacent to it sits the digital driver panel

View attachment 657834
What advantages do Tillers offer over Steering wheels and Handle bars? I don't think any other modern tanks use Tillers.

Is this common in tank manufacturing?
Can't say but I have not seen robotic welding at least in the video of Tank factories of Ukraine or Russia, even in Pakistan this is a very new thing as previously welding robot were not spotted in any of the video or photo of HIT ....

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom