What's new

Al-Jazeera to broadcast in India

Fact_ur_mine

BANNED
Reaction score
Al-Jazeera English has been granted a licence to broadcast in India by the country's information and broadcasting ministry.

"This is an exciting breakthrough that has been in the works for several years," said Al Anstey, the channel's managing director. "We know there is a great demand for our award-winning content."

Al-Jazeera English has a bureau in New Delhi. Its chief, Anmol Saxena, said: "We are certain that we will have a substantial following."

The potential audience, with an estimated 115m households, is huge.

Al-Jazeera to broadcast in India | Media | guardian.co.uk

Good move indeed... will get to see more of the middle-eastern perspective to the news. Any idea if this will be in hindi or just english?

So one more foreign channel coming to India to tap its vast cable audience. :lol:

I have fuckin 300+ channels in my set top box, so what do I watch ?

He was born in yemen but his dad comes from Azad Kashmir (aka, not the part of Kashmir occupied by India).

He is Gujarati and Punjabi from what is know Pakistan's Kashmir.

So what does he call himself other then a Yemenese.....

Interesting to see Al Jazeera finally in India, or is it ?

Indians will get a chance to make up their opinions about Al Jazeera once they start beaming down. The moment of truth will come when issues such as India-Pakistan or Kashmir flares up. Then again, they have been broadcasting in Israel, so I take it they know their business well.

Good move by I&B ministry and AJ! We should watch all side of the facts.

Back
Top Bottom