What's new

Ajmal still baffled by Tendulkar lbw reversal

Status
Not open for further replies.

F86 Saber

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Pakistan offspinner Saeed Ajmal has said that he is still not sure how the Decision Review System (DRS) overturned on-field umpire Ian Gould’s lbw ruling against Sachin Tendulkar during the World Cup semi-final against India in Mohali. Gould ruled Tendulkar lbw off Ajmal in the 11th over, but the batsman reviewed the decision. Replays showed that the ball pitched in line but according to Hawk Eye the ball was missing leg stump and the decision was overturned.

“I don’t know how the television replays showed my delivery turning towards the leg side because I had bowled an arm ball and it went straight,” Ajmal told AFP on the team’s arrival in Lahore. “I was 110% confident when the referral was made that the batsman was out.” Tendulkar was on 23 at that point, and survived four dropped chances before he was dismissed after making a crucial 85 that earned him the Man of the Match award.

I don't know why nobody picked up on above. If posted already kindly merge. What i want to point out here is that i did a little research of my own and looking at the picture that i have tried to analyze with my limited abilities on MS paint. The red line shows where the ball should have gone with the trajectory it had. If you can see closely the white line that shows the trajectory of the ball suddenly takes a slight bend which i have tried to show with a yellow line. I am not sure what has happened here but it is worth a look...

87377542.jpg

Sorry about the quality of the image as i have taken it from a video and would appriciate if someone can post a better quality one...

P.S kindly move this thread to the cricket sub forum as i am not able to start a new thread there.........

Did he say ..he pitched the ball in line ..where?..he pitched it outside off side.

Game is over

What a wastage of time

it was spinning and missing leg..... also the sehwag one was looking not out on naked eye one thought it pitched outside legside but it din... so now pls dont try to say hawk eye was fixed :no:

All my friends who claim to be experts in Cricket... (I personally do not know anything about it) are claiming that this incident was played down to save Tendulkar. They claim that Tendulkar should have been 'out', and the video/animation was morphed by the third umpires. Before judging my statement, please do understand that these friends of mine are the biggest fans of Tendulkar that I have ever met/seen.

Here's the video:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have just tried to point out in the picture that there is an unnatural bend in the white line which shows the trejactory of the ball after pitching which take it towards the leg stump. The picture is there for everyone with eyes to see. I am not trying to make a conspiracy theory nor have i made the picture up I just need fair comments. In fact, this was taken up by Geo as well.

Dude. u have lost the match. now please get over with these conspiracy theories.

I am getting fed up with these cricket threads . Everyone is coming up with their own commentary and self analysis of the game. There are many others thing to talk about beside cricket and game is done. Get over it and move on.

The bowl was clearly pitched so much outside the off stump that, forget third umpire even ,a decent on filed umpire will give not out.

Like i said i am not making any conspiracy theories..........Yes we lost the match, does that mean we cannot discuss anything regarding it? Am i saying that we lost because of this decision? PLEASE CLEAR YOUR HEADS, I AM NOT TRYING TO MAKE AN EXCUSE FOR OUR LOSS.. The picture is there for everyone to see right? Kindly comment on it only otherwise kindly ignore this thread.

Ok comment on picture
nice pic lol
i am sure this pic would hav not been discussed if we won the match or perhaps indian do the same what pakistani are doings after defeat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom