What's new

Airbus supports Namo's make in india initiative-says ready to make in India 4 India & world

SuperSubrayan

Reaction score
Country
India
Airbus supports Modi's 'Make in India' initiative
Expressing support to 'Make in India' initiative, aircraft manufacturer Airbus on Saturday said it is ready to manufacture in India, as Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited its facility here.

Modi took the tour of the facility where planes are manufactured. He was given a briefing by officials on the functioning.

Airbus Group CEO Tom Enders, who received the Indian leader, said: "We are honoured to host Prime Minister Modi in Toulouse and convey to him our desire to forge a stronger industrial bond with India. India already takes a centre-stage role in our international activities and we want to even increase its contribution to our products".

"We support Prime Minister Modi's 'Make in India' call and we are ready to manufacture in India, for India and the world," he added.

In India, Airbus Group already operates two engineering centres - one focused on civil aviation and the other one defence - besides, a research and technology (R&T) centre which together employ over 400 highly qualified people.

The group's senior representative conveyed their decision to expand these centres so that they can take on comprehensive design responsibilities for future Airbus group programmes.

Airbus supports Modis Make in India initiative

CCTTCWYWIAAgZgh.jpg

Not possible right as was also stated at the confernce. India right now is simply not a good business partner and a nightmare for business in general.

Working for Airbus i have some colleagues who attended business meetings there and were not happy at all how things are run there.

There are various reasons for that:

biggest complaint:

oversized government apparatus...you need millions of documents even for the smallest decissions

low education system quality...india has top educated people...but its hard to find them

ridicolous stand on women...most indian men have a problem to be put in place from a women, which makes business talks hard and learship even more so

a laughable "slave and status" culture...it looks pretty laughable from a europeans point of voew when you have a meeting and your business partner pushs a button to ring a bell ... so a slave employee comes in to carry the laptop 5 meters into the next room.

Until those problems are solved i dont see any further development.

What india can offer (and china not anymore) are huge amounts of low wage workers, but Airbus and other hightech corporations cant really profit from that.

Not possible right as was also stated at the confernce. India right now is simply not a good business partner and a nightmare for business in general.

Working for Airbus i have some colleagues who attended business meetings there and were not happy at all how things are run there.

biggest complaint:

oversized government apparatus...you need millions of documents even for the smallest decissions

low education system quality...india has top educated people...but its hard to find them

ridicolous stand on women...most indian men have a problem to be put in place from a women, which makes business talks hard and learship even more so

a laughable "slave and status" culture...it looks pretty laughable from a europeans point of voew when you have a meeting and your business partner pushs a button to ring a bell ... so a slave employee comes in to carry the laptop 5 meters into the next room.

What india can offer (and china not anymore) are huge amounts of low wage workers, but Airbus and other hightech corporations cant really profit from that.

So let me get this straight, we know your name and your employer. We have a record of your racist comments against Indians and other "3rd worlders" too. I guess we should submit this to your employers, see what they have to say?

biggest complaint:

I agree, to varying extents, with all the points you have made. However, the important thing is that all of these issues are being addressed and there is a palpable improvement.

1. The oversized government apparatus, especially the number of forms and approvals required is reducing drastically. If you colleagues make another visit, say in a year, they should notice how things have changed.

2. I work for a international development finance organisation, in education policy. For engineering education, firms in general are much, much happier with the quality of students than they were five years ago. This is mostly due to private engineering colleges, all of which are outside the top tier. The market for engineering colleges is increasingly competitive and and colleges are making a huge effort to improve student outcomes. Many of them have tie ups with individual corporates who design customised curricula and hire all the graduates from the program. Airbus could try this approach.

3. Not much to say here, the attitude towards women will take a long time to change.

4. You won't find this happening at all in the private sector. That sort of behaviour is limited to government employees. It is usually civil servants (particularly a cadre called the IAS- I have to interact with them frequently), that behave in this manner. This isn't a society wide problem any more and your employees won't have to encounter it unless they have a meeting with government officials.

Clearly the business environment isn't perfect, but corporations move in in anticipation of change, so now might be a good time for Airbus.

biggest complaint:

#MakeInIndia Airbus Announces $2 Billion Cumulative Outsourcing From India By 2020
Airbus chips in 'Make in India' with largest sourcing deal | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis
Dynamatic to supply key wing components for Airbus' A330 | Business Standard News
HAL getting ready for more orders from Airbus | Business Line
Even small Indian IT companies have Apple, Airbus in their fold - The Times of India
Indian software co associated with A380 design?
GM, Boeing, Airbus use India-designed parts

Total outsourcing from India by Airbus last FY = $400 Million

biggest complaint:

I would also add some more points
-Many people defecate in the open
-witch-hunt in tribal areas
-people are not so "fair"

biggest complaint:

Eurofighter Typhoon has no chance with India now...Chapter is closed....So, you can take a chill pill ... Please don show us your frustration.

biggest complaint:

shut the fck off effing troll

So let me get this straight, we know your name and your employer. We have a record of your racist comments against Indians and other "3rd worlders" too. I guess we should submit this to your employers, see what they have to say?

try it. :D

Eurofighter Typhoon has no chance with India now...Chapter is closed....So, you can take a chill pill ... Please don show us your frustration.

What has Eurofighter to do with this? It is not even 0,0005 % of our profits. The military equipment is a small part in Airbus balance sheet.

As for the rest, when india is able to change those factors i see no reason why more investment should not be able to be directed towards india.

As for women in business. My teamleader is a women and she is not known to be soft in business talks. One year ago the head of a supplier from an asian country (wasn´t india and i won´t tell which one) was here for a meeting and possible business deal. I was with her as her assistant.

As we greetd each other he asked me if i´m the one who makes the decission. My boss replied: "thats a bad start..." during the talks he constantly looked at me, when she asked a question... that went on until she lost her cool and said she would break the deal and demand that his employer sends a more competent negotiator...

He went very nervous then. When he went down to pull something from his bag he accidently slammed his head on the paper intake of the printer. I almost felt sorry for him.

Those cultural differences exist and it will be difficult to solve such things out.

Back
Top Bottom