What's new

Airbus A330 wins IAF Tanker Tender

IND151

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Indian%20mrtt-thumb-450x257.jpg

Recent Media Reports are Indicating that A330 from Airbus , has emerged winner of the Indian air force’s Aerial Tanker Requirement. current tender is a repeat of tender of 2006 , where IAF had selected A330 from Airbus but it was rejected by India’s Finance Ministry since it was not the L1 bidder and IL-78 was cheapest and had quested why IAF wanted a different aircraft when IAF already had Il-78 under its current fleet .

Russians have Quoted price lesser than A330 from Airbus , but after considering spares and support factors , IAF again has preferred A330 from Airbus . IAF Chief few years back had complaint poor availability of spares provided from Russian company for their current fleet of IL-78 tankers .

If this bid is rejected again by India’s Finance Ministry , then it will allow Boeing to enter next Tender process since Boeing had not participated in last tender process to concentrate on American air forces tanker deal which it has won already . Russians in past few years have assured availability of spares will be better again , when Modernized IL-78 aircrafts will re-enter Production soon in 2015 .

Airbus A330 wins IAF Tanker Tender | idrw.org

Good decision by MoD

Life cycle costs Of A 330 must be lower than IL 78

But spares and support (after sales), which is poor in case of IL 78 turned the table in favour of A330.

Good decision.

But finance ministry's unnecessary interference in defense procurement is really a pain for planning and acquisition for Indian armed forces.

Good decision by MoD

But spares and support (after sales), which is poor in case of IL 78 turned the table in favour of A330.

And what about the spares and support in case of conflict ??? USA will dictate us terms of engagement. I hope deal includes ToT or we might have trouble in future

And what about the spares and support in case of conflict ??? USA will dictate us terms of engagement. I hope deal includes ToT or we might have trouble in future

What??
TOT is not involved at all, its just an acquisition deal.
Airbus A-330 aircraft is from Europe and it is a civilian aircraft.
There are already A-330s in service with civilian operators.

Then we might end up in trouble if we got engage with any NATO pro country in future :(

Are we going to war against any European country? Anyway please read the above points.

Then we might end up in trouble if we got engage with any NATO pro country in future :(

There are probably 100s of A320-330 aircrafts operational in India with civilian operators like Indigo, Jetlite, Spicejet. Which commonality in engine and other features, i don't think this won't be much of a concern.

What??
TOT is not involved at all, its just an acquisition deal.
Airbus A-330 aircraft is from Europe and it is a civilian aircraft.
There are already A-330s in service with civilian operators.

Are we going to war against any European country? Anyway please read the above points.

still you cant trust the west

France never sanctioned India even in face of nuclear tests. And btw, what pro-West/pro-NATO country
is India gonna fight with in the forseeable future? China? Pakistan? Nah, they're all supposed to be against
the NATO/West countries, the West will be more than happy if we fight them.

And don't worry the 6 x IL-78MKIs we have right now are going nowhere until well into the next decade,
so 6 x A330s + 6 x IL-78s is good, a fleet of 12 mid-air refuellers.

France never sanctioned India even in face of nuclear tests. And btw, what pro-West/pro-NATO country
is India gonna fight with in the forseeable future? China? Pakistan? Nah, they're all supposed to be against

And don't worry the 6 x IL-78MKIs we have right now are going nowhere until well into the next decade,

Sorry I wasn't clear in my first statement.
It wasn't about AIRBUS ....but about Boeing

I am assuming Finance Ministry will reject this Airbus deal again and Boeing will enter and win the competion.

Even Mig-29s, Mirage-2000s, Rafales and Su-30MKIs can be optimized for Buddy refueling roles. Giving better tactical depth in the times of crisis.

Sukhoi-Su-30-MKI-Buddy-Refuelling-Pod-03%25255B5%25255D.jpg

Rafale-com-2-tanques-2000-l-2-tanques-1250-l-e-casulo-Buddy-Buddy.jpg

Good decision by MoD

No.

IL78 MIDAS Offered by Rusians came with D-3 engine not the PS -90
Spares suppies on Il76/78 has NOT been a problem.

One of the prime reasons for IL being cancelled was engine offered by Ilushin
Second point being IL Offers 3 Drogues Where as A330 offers 2 Drogues + 1 Boom probe.
We need Boom probes for P-8/C17 refueling.

Cost to Benefit Analysis A330 is cheaper and more useful

Sorry I wasn't clear in my first statement.
It wasn't about AIRBUS ....but about Boeing

I am assuming Finance Ministry will reject this Airbus deal again and Boeing will enter and win the competion.

Indian%20mrtt-thumb-450x257.jpg

Recent Media Reports are Indicating that A330 from Airbus , has emerged winner of the Indian air force’s Aerial Tanker Requirement. current tender is a repeat of tender of 2006 , where IAF had selected A330 from Airbus but it was rejected by India’s Finance Ministry since it was not the L1 bidder and IL-78 was cheapest and had quested why IAF wanted a different aircraft when IAF already had Il-78 under its current fleet .

Russians have Quoted price lesser than A330 from Airbus , but after considering spares and support factors , IAF again has preferred A330 from Airbus . IAF Chief few years back had complaint poor availability of spares provided from Russian company for their current fleet of IL-78 tankers .

If this bid is rejected again by India’s Finance Ministry , then it will allow Boeing to enter next Tender process since Boeing had not participated in last tender process to concentrate on American air forces tanker deal which it has won already . Russians in past few years have assured availability of spares will be better again , when Modernized IL-78 aircrafts will re-enter Production soon in 2015 .

Airbus A330 wins IAF Tanker Tender | idrw.org

IMHO I don't see the Finance ministry rejected the bid again. There is pressure on them from the IAF/MoD not to do so additionally this time life cycle costs have been taken into account so the A330s bid is more attractive.

A330 del will be signed this fiscal- I'm sure of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom