What's new

Air Martial Tahir Rafique Butt New ACM

I agree with what you are saying however, the reason why i am happy to see a Kashmiri is because of Kashmir! At least you know back of your mind psychologically that there is some hope.
General Khalid Shameem Wynne is probably the next man in line after kiyani. I am not being biased, but this is good for Kashmiris.
Other military leaders like Musharraf, Zia, Ayub, and Yayah all failed. Why? Thats because they didn't give a damn about the territory and nor they had any links. Zia back in the day even mentioned that 'there is nothing in Kashmiri besides mountains' This is unacceptable and this was one of the reasons why we lost our momentum.

I am Kashmiri and I fully agree with your sentiment. The more Kashmiris in the Pakistani top military brass the better the future for Kashmir and Pakistan.

Overall as politicians they are poor.

But, if you remember, a deal was almost finalized with India's vajpy on Kashmir.
There was something like: Hindu dominated areas, Ladakh, and Jammu would be part of India. AND the rest, would be part of Pakistan
When ahole Musharraf came, the whole scenario changed starting with Kargil.

Nawaz Sharrif and Shabaz Sharrif are maybe be poor politicians, but they do a lot for Kashmiris. If you look now, they have quite a lot of people like them in their party and or as other employes.
dude dont b too much stupid he is not good for pakistan n kashmir
during kargil time he had time to solve this problem but he is ***** that why musharraf take over his ***

Last edited by a moderator:

Yaar phir inj hee merai naal larda piya see tun !

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

I am Kashmiri and I fully agree with your sentiment. The more Kashmiris in the Pakistani top military brass the better the future for Kashmir and Pakistan.

Nah kar tuu bhiii. I haven't met a single Kashmiri outside my own family walking the streets of Lahore and here I've just come across 3 in a span of a few minutes.

Yaar ahoi jaee gal teh na kar. I'm an ethnic Kashmir Butt too but I would be deeply offended if someone were to differentiate between me and a Punjabi by calling me something other than a Punjabi. Outside of Pakistan the same applies to me being identified as anything other than a Pakistani.

Besides, Punjabi isn't an ethnic identity its a mix of linguistics, geography and culture and by God by any definition of Punjabiyat we 'Butt' are Punjabis.

Actually Butt are Scholars/Philosophers. They are from the Brahman caste.

Yes we maybe hindus back then, but the Brahman caste is the highest caste. This is the caste that believed in one god.
Technically, it was not the Hinduism what it is now today.

It depends where in Kashmir someone is from. For example, Jammu the state's majority population is Punjabi. Obviously, if someone has that background, then he or she is defiantly 100% Punjabi.

In my case, my ancestors were came from Shopian and Srinagar Kashmir. So yeah not really Punjabi enough. They have their own culture and language in the region. Your case maybe different...

Overtime people can mix. If they can read and write Punjabi, live in their environment, then absolutely they are Punjabi culturally.

Yaar phir inj hee merai naal larda piya see tun !

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

Nah kar tuu bhiii. I haven't met a single Kashmiri outside my own family walking the streets of Lahore and here I've just come across 3 in a span of a few minutes.

Seriously? lol... thts a joke... lahore is full of "butt saabs".

dude dont b too much stupid he is not good for pakistan n kashmir
during kargil time he had time to solve this problem but he is ***** that why musharraf take over his ***

Im not going to argue on Musharraf vs Sharrif and nor go too off topic. I stay with my stand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with what you are saying however, the reason why i am happy to see a Kashmiri is because of Kashmir! At least you know back of your mind psychologically that there is some hope.
General Khalid Shameem Wynne is probably the next man in line after kiyani. I am not being biased, but this is good for Kashmiris.
Other military leaders like Musharraf, Zia, Ayub, and Yayah all failed. Why? Thats because they didn't give a damn about the territory and nor they had any links. Zia back in the day even mentioned that 'there is nothing in Kashmiri besides mountains' This is unacceptable and this was one of the reasons why we lost our momentum.

This is my primary concern for Imran Khan, he is not pro-Kashmiri enough he is lackadaisical about Kashmir. He says put Kashmir on the "back burner" he doesn't consider Kashmir an important issue. This is quite bothersome, if you watch his interviews he is going to let the Kashmiri people down.

At least Kashmiris will have representation in the military top brass.

This is my primary concern for Imran Khan, he is not pro-Kashmiri enough he is lackadaisical about Kashmir. He says put Kashmir on the "back burner" he doesn't consider Kashmir an important issue. This is quite bothersome, if you watch his interviews he is going to let the Kashmiri people down.

he is right . situation here is really messed up . we are deep in problems .our whole country is on risk .how the hell we can dream abut kashmir now a days ? when our whole country is burning ? no economy no jobs no power no law no peace no investment no development no forex reserves no education no health no unity nothing we have today and we still sit on kashmir and make this issue hot? its mean we lose our brains simply sir jee.

Seriously? lol... thts a joke... lahore is full of "butt saabs".

Yaar coincidentally enough I haven't come across a single Kashmiri yet...never mind an actual 'Butt saab'

---------- Post added at 03:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 AM ----------

he is right . situation here is really messed up . we are deep in problems .our whole country is on risk .how they hell we dream abut kashmir when our whole country is burning ? no economy no jobs no power no law no peace no investment no development no forex reserves no education no health no unity nothing we have today and we still sit on kashmir and make this issue hot? its mean we lose our brains simply sir jee.

Yeh logic pe mabni baat hai ya common name hoonai seh dil seh bharass niklee hai Imran bhai ?

Gen. Zia dur lanat on him if he really said "There is nothing in Kashmir besides mountains".

When Quaid e Azam said "Kashmir is the jugular vein of Pakistan". This is the standard and belief Pakistani leaders both civil and military must have! If Imran Khan is going to become PM he needs to understand that.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

he is right . situation here is really messed up . we are deep in problems .our whole country is on risk .how the hell we can dream abut kashmir now a days ? when our whole country is burning ? no economy no jobs no power no law no peace no investment no development no forex reserves no education no health no unity nothing we have today and we still sit on kashmir and make this issue hot? its mean we lose our brains simply sir jee.

Kashmir is apart of Pakistan. If Kashmir is burning Pakistan is burning.

IK said "we should leave Kashmir for the next generation to decide...." By the time we delay, Kashmiris will forget everything and India will do some much development that they will forget.

While i earlier mentioned Musharraf, Zia, Ayub, Yahya as the ones who missed the golden opportunity, i must also add that Bhuttos were too in the same boat.

My ancestors first started the Kashmiri movement, JKLF. They hijacked an Indian plane and landed in Lahore. Bhutto thought they were RAW agents and he hanged 2 of them in Pakistan and 1 was sent to India, who was similarly hanged.
Just last week, a person by the name Ashraf Qureshi (a person who was also in the movement and one of our close friends) died. He won a case in the court against getting hanged and he spent rest of his life teaching in Punjab University. No one in Pakistan ever wanted to know how much he sacrificed.

Yeh logic pe mabni baat hai ya common name hoonai seh dil seh bharass niklee hai Imran bhai ?

no bad feelings dear but realistic view . if he save pakistna unite pakistan and rule with law less corruption bring back economy unity development jobs education health reduce poverty end terror and insurgency . i will say its greatest gift for pakistan .leave aside kashmir save pakistan first

Actually Butt are Scholars/Philosophers. They are from the Brahman caste.

Yes we maybe hindus back then, but the Brahman caste is the highest caste. This is the caste that believed in one god.
Technically, it was not the Hinduism what it is now today.

It depends where in Kashmir someone is from. For example, Jammu the state's majority population is Punjabi. Obviously, if someone has that background, then he or she is defiantly 100% Punjabi.

In my case, my ancestors were came from Shopian and Srinagar Kashmir. So yeah not really Punjabi enough. They have their own culture and language in the region. Your case maybe different...

Overtime people can mix. If they can read and write Punjabi, live in their environment, then absolutely they are Punjabi culturally.

Yeah, my grandpa used to say the same thing about us descending from the Brahman castes who later converted to Islam because of some Sufi saint. In my case my ancestors are from Gulmarg so no we're not ethnic Punjabis but like I said within Pakistan I'm fiercely proud of being a Punjabi.

Kashmir is apart of Pakistan. If Kashmir is burning Pakistan is burning.

these days Kashmir is more peaceful and secure working well under india then our pakistan sir kindly open your eyes .pakistan is brink of end first bring back on track our own country then think abut kashmir .

no bad feelings dear but realistic view . if he save pakistna unite pakistan and rule with law less corruption bring back economy unity development jobs education health reduce poverty end terror and insurgency . i will say its greatest gift for pakistan .leave aside kashmir save pakistan first

I concur Pakistan mein bohat seh maslaeen hain and we need to get our own house in order before we can help the Kashmiris but I wonder whether with all the water issues increasing each successive year we can afford to put the Kashmir issue on the back burner.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom