What's new

Air India to pay Rs.75 Lakh to crash victims

Executioner

Reaction score
mangalorecrash295.jpg

Kochi, July 20 (IANS) The Kerala High Court Wednesday directed Air India to pay interim compensation of Rs.75 lakh each to the kin of 158 passengers who died in an air crash in Mangalore last year.

The direction was made by Justice P.R. Ramachandran Menon following a petition by the family of Mohammed Rafi, who died in the May 18 crash. The court directed Air India to pay the interim compensation in a month's time.

An Air India Express flight 812 Dubai-Mangalore overshot the runway while landing at the Bajpe airport, about 20 km from Mangalore, and caught fire after plunging about 300 metres off a cliff.

Of the 158 victims, 53 were Keralites, most of them from the northern districts of Kasargode and Kannur.

Be it a lakh or a crore - a person lost is lost .... a family destroyed is destroyed. No amount of money can bring a person back. Money only reduces the hardships. It doesn't help improve anything.:disagree:

Still its good the victims are receiving this.

Source

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering that AI is completely broke, I am shocked how they got the money to compensate people when their staff is on strike all time for basic salaries.

Ironic isn't it? For rail accidents more people die but relatives get very little compensation, and for airplane accidents less people die but relatives are paid a quarter of a crore?? WTH is this? Is this because people who travel by air are generally much richer compared to normal folks who travel by rail?

thanks to air india money can not bring back there lovers but at least victims will be saved from economic problems .good step indeed .:tup:

Ironic isn't it? For rail accidents more people die but relatives get very little compensation, and for airplane accidents less people die but relatives are paid a quarter of a crore?? WTH is this? Is this because people who travel by air are generally much richer compared to normal folks who travel by rail?

because I believe that air travelers are insured via the air ticket.

Yup..the expat Pilot was responsible.

Indian airline companies spent crores of rupees to hire expat pilots but cannot spent a few lakhs to train Indians to be pilots. I heard that Emirates train 50 Emiratis to be pilots every year free of cost and then will give them job in Emirates Airlines. They do that inorder to reduce their dependence on foreign pilots to fly their aircrafts. Thats called commitment to the nation, which Indian companies lack.

Indian airline companies spent crores of rupees to hire expat pilots but cannot spent a few lakhs to train Indians to be pilots. I heard that Emirates train 50 Emiratis to be pilots every year free of cost and then will give them job in Emirates Airlines. They do that inorder to reduce their dependence on foreign pilots to fly their aircrafts. Thats called commitment to the nation, which Indian companies lack.

Indian companies just want to suck money wherever they can get it from.

IndiGo has come up with such a plan to train Indian pilots but the cost will be double than before almost 40-50 lakhs.

Indian companies just want to suck money wherever they can get it from.

IndiGo has come up with such a plan to train Indian pilots but the cost will be double than before almost 40-50 lakhs.

40-50 lakhs is too steep. I heard that you can get a commercial pilot license in India for 15-20 lakhs

Courses

Back
Top Bottom