What's new

Air Force's MiG-27 Fighter Jet Crashes In Rajasthan, Pilot Ejects Safely

Having seen the affects of political interference and corruption this side, it’s easy to recognize it.
Hence while folks on this side are focused on celebrating “pilot incompetence” and other oddball theories - I saw the events as the result of political miscalculation and making the IAF fight with one arm tied behind its back.
While Indian members were celebrating the MMRCA process as being thorough, I was dismissed when I pointed out the real risk to pilot lives by dragging on airframes by such protracted procurement process. Having 40 year old airframes and expecting them to not have metal fatigue or even have higher susceptibility to failure and pilot error is a mistake. Neither the Mig-21 nor 27 are easy airframes or forgiving.
@Oscar @Cobra Arbok Thanks for such thoughts & enlightening. I joined this forum only for better thoughts & knowledge but got disappointed in very first day after looking the comments. This is what is PDF for.Not to spit fantasies.

The IAF has unfortunately become a political football. At this point neither party is seriously concerned about how to modernize the IAF fleet and move away from the Migs, instead they are simply trying to blame each other for the problems with the India air force. The Army, Navy, and even the Coast Guard has mostly gotten what meets their requirements, but for some reason the MOD has not been able to obtain new aircraft due to the typical bureaucracy and corruption.

Hopefully some of these problems will be at least partially relieved when the Rafales do arrive, but they are not going to go away soon. Especially considering historically, the IAF has always been underwhelming compared to its size. By far the weakest link in the Indian military. The opposite is true for the PAF, which has historically been the only branch of the Pakistani military to hit above its weight.

Pal, getting a positive rating from Oscar is a huge plus. He doesn't suffer fools gladly. Why don't you build on this, rather than pissing in the wind? I know it's too much for human nature to suffer the jibes and taunts from the fanboi lobby, but you do have talent, the talent to spot a situation and to sum it up, why not build on it?

There is a massive corruption in India avaition industry HAL recently funds alloted for Rafal planes missing
Well wouldn't surprise me, alot of these planes are not maintained properly, my guess is someone is skimming the cream.

Tumansky R-29 used in Mig-27

1024px-Tumansky_R-29-300_turbojet_MiG-23BN_LSideFront_DMFO_10June2013_%2814563790706%29.jpg

Saturn AL-41 engine in Su-30 MKI

1024px-117C_for_Su-35.jpg

Engine at the crash site.

upload_2019-3-31_11-27-17-png.550377

Back
Top Bottom