What's new

Air Force Veteran Suggests India Should Go for More Russian Su-30MKI/Su-35

Lol.. looks like you are out of times? The old Soviet Union is very much against China. Welcome to the real world 2017 where Russia China alliance is very much alive. Russia treating India other than a cashcow. While Russia greatest enemy is USA, Russia will
hesitate to slay the Indian cow if needed to win this victory over US. China is the only power that can lend Russia the power to defeat the US.

India without Japan and US interfere will surely be defeated if China start an air war with India. The overwhelm China asset and technology proves too strong for India to handle :enjoy:

Japan and US are more than happy to watch from sideline of the good show. Why would they hurt themselves for nothing :enjoy:

I know, I know. Give me a break. I'm really fed-up reading this If's, But's, Will's etc. Come back when something really is happening on the ground. We've seen similar speculations few months back about shaking mountains etc., but nothing really happened on ground, no real actions, other than mere talks. LOL :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

I know, I know. Give me a break. I'm really fed-up reading this If's, But's, Will's etc. Come back when something really is happening on the ground. We've seen similar speculations few months back about shaking mountains etc., but nothing really happened on ground, no real actions, other than mere talks. LOL :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Why do China and Pakistan shake so many mountains but yet have nothing to show for it?

We ashould focus more on LCA Mk1+ and Mk2 and AMCA.

What crap is this. Every country bidding for their own weapons systems and putting out scams and rumors like the recent news of "Americans onboard INS Chakra" in a bid by the French to derail the IN's procurement process of another nuke sub from the Russians.

I hope we put a self arms-embargo on ourselves only through development and induction of indigenous weapons systems can take place

The infrastructure is there, I think the Indian are just too blind to see it. :enjoy:

China can easily deploy the swing tactics to mass redeploy where theatre of war is needed. Finally, India is having the delusion. Japan and US will join Indian in case of any conflict with China. I can bet Russian more likely to support China in any case of conflict with India. :enjoy:

Russia already supports China.

Russians have tactical nukes aimed at India to deter any Indian adventurism in Siberia according to retired General Pavel Zolotarev who was consulted on drafting Russia's new military doctrine:

A PREVIEW OF RUSSIA'S NEW MILITARY DOCTRINE

5. (C) Zolotarev argued that, while the chances of a large-scale war breaking out are remote, China would most likely be the target of any preemptive nuclear strike. Most serious military planners dismissed any threat from NATO long ago, he posited. China still has a mass mobilization army, he said, and the Russian Far East is thinly populated, has little infrastructure, and a small Russian military contingent. With the Russian army restructured to rapidly respond to small-scale wars, the GOR would have to rely on its nuclear deterrent to prevent a Chinese attack. He admitted, however, that by declaring the right to launch a nuclear first strike, Russia appeared to be taking a step back from the spirit, if not the letter of its Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty Article VI commitments regarding nuclear disarmament.

https://wikileaks.org/plusd/cables/09MOSCOW3138_a.html

Also every Russian weaponry in Indian armed forces comes with a tag : "not to be used on China"

why is that

Because the aircrafts have to be based in Tibet and that means they will not only be exposed to crushing cold, the pilots will be starved for oxygen, there is no ready access to fuel, the repair and maintenance will be extremely difficult due to logistics and temperature.

Worse, the aircraft's itself will not be able to take off with full loads and The take off and landing is going to be the most dangerous in the world and will cause all sorts of accidents.

The airports that are built will need extra long runways and that is very near impossible in mountainous region.

To top it, the climate in the Himalayas is unpredictable and makes flying very very difficult. Now add to that the lack of any prominent land marks to act as guidance, it makes operations there a nightmare.

In short, its a worst case scenario to fight a air battle over the Himalayan ranges and Tibet.

Back
Top Bottom