What's new

Air chief PV Naik in favour of ICBM Over 10,000 km Range

Who was the enemy before 1962, 1965, 1971 and 1991?
We should make an ICBM of range around 10k to 15 k. Better to prepare for worst rather just waiting for bad to happen.

Do you even think after Agni 5 they will gonna stop????

why do we need 10,000km missile , bomb Australia !!
an AGNI-5 with 6000km range will deeply suffice our strategic needs.
what we should be more concentrate is on the K-15 SLBM to enhance our nuclear triad doctrine.

What has global influence got to do with missile range. Do we have any adversary? Why waste money unnecessarily?
Also, it will threaten those who are our friends, we dont need that.

It does not Necessarily mean to be targeted on some Country - If our Scientist says They can Build an ICBM over 10000 Km range , why Not give them permission ?
It will be Symbol of India's Rising Global status.

why do we need 10,000km missile , bomb Australia !!
an AGNI-5 with 6000km range will deeply suffice our strategic needs.
what we should be more concentrate is on the K-15 SLBM to enhance our nuclear triad doctrine.

K - 15 Is already under Production i Think , DRDO Working On Agni 6 SLBM Over 5500 km range and also SLBM Versions of Agni 5 and 3.

Rs 10,000 crore=10,000 km range missile=status as a major player in missile technology=fair deal (if we can pull it off)

I think with that money, the government should instead set up production factories for missiles. Let there be 10,000 Agni V's. & 25000 Cruise Missiles(Both BrahMos & Nirbhay). In case of a war, 1000 CM's should be up in the first hour.

The government should create capacity such that the Armed Forces are able to overwhelm all of Pakistan's defences and put a dent in the military bases of lower half of China.
That would be a better use of those 2.2bn dollars.

I think with that money, the government should instead set up production factories for missiles. Let there be 10,000 Agni V's. & 25000 Cruise Missiles(Both BrahMos & Nirbhay). In case of a war, 1000 CM's should be up in the first hour.

The government should create capacity such that the Armed Forces are able to overwhelm all of Pakistan's defences and put a dent in the military bases of lower half of China.
That would be a better use of those 2.2bn dollars.

Sir, missiles are not something we can mass produce like bullets. Each missile apart from the production cost also involves the cost for storing, guarding and other associated costs. Also missiles are made for nuclear delivery. 10,000 missiles equals more than 10,000 nuclear warheads(if we count the MIRVs), even US does not have this capacity.

Sir, missiles are not something we can mass produce like bullets. Each missile apart from the production cost also involves the cost for storing, guarding and other associated costs. Also missiles are made for nuclear delivery. 10,000 missiles equals more than 10,000 nuclear warheads(if we count the MIRVs), even US does not have this capacity.

Our ballistic missile however are not all used for nuclear weapons. Like battlefield BM's and they are assigned to the army as such as well. Secondly, to overwhelm defences, even in a nuke strike, you dont need to put a nuke on all the missiles being launched. They act as decoys while letting the nuke equipped ones to go through.

I know there is a cost attached to having an inventory of cruise missiles. But we do need them in huge quantities. There are no two ways about it. There is merit to the point that you dont need such a number of BM's, but you do need a huge number of CM"s in a modern war.

I think that if an ICBM of 10K+ km is needed it must be Submarine Launched as we have defensive doctrine which will be a second-strike option.India is in line for a permanent membership in UNSC and we very are a potent military nation with the 4th largest AF,2nd largest army and 5th largest Navy and add to that long range ICBMs,it simply adds to the strength and is great to showcase power internationally.

If India has technology and can make 10,000+ range ICBM it should go ahead with this. I don't see reasons not to do it. even France UK or China dont have enemy sitting 10000 KM away. If India want to be global power. It should make something with larger range or else its a conman scene India will be considered always regional power.

Really cannot understand why India is not already pursuing a 10,000KM ICBM. India will never be taken seriously unless it can hit the Chinese, Americans, Russians, French and the British with hydrogen bombs. A friend now can always turn into an enemy later on.

If we can build ICBM over 10000 km range ,we will build it.it doesn't matter why should we build !!

Back
Top Bottom