What's new

AIIB (Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank) news

Nope, the relationship between the AIIB (GIIB or WIIB in the future) and the BRICS Bank are always co-existent just like the World Bank and the IMF.

That's huge development, awesome news, mate

:cheers:

This will piss certain people off :lol:

Are you really Russian? Seem Jordanian to me, hope Jordanian pilot is safe.

This will piss certain people off :lol:

China does not seek the monopolistic veto power in the future WIIB, unlike the US has for the World Bank.

And as more new members keep joining, our share will gradually decrease in percentage, so it will make it looks more fair in play than the World Bank which is basically a personal playground for the US.

Dear President Xi Jinping,

AIIB (or is it now called WIIB) is your bank. Please fund 50% of the capital and hold 50% of its share. You have done all the hard work and you must not allow others to jeopardise it. Don't dilute your share.

Increase the capital to $200 or even $300 billion, as this will indicate that China is really serious about infrastructure investment. Don't just stop in Asia. You have Eurasia just next door, good friends in South America and Africa who also need some funds for their infrastructure.

Please rename AIIB to World Infrastructure Investment Bank (or Global IIB) as soon as possible and extend the invite to South America and Africa. The change of the name will make the bank more inclusive.

Lastly, China should reward the UK, because they were the one who open up the floodgates. Before that, there were a lot of "wait and see" from other countries. London sounds like a good location for your European branch office and London can host the RMB clearing too.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Dear President Xi Jinping,

AIIB (or is it now called WIIB) is your bank. Please fund 50% of the capital and hold 50% of its share. You have done all the hard work and you must not allow others to jeopardise it. Don't dilute your share.

Increase the capital to $200 or even $300 billion, as this will indicate that China is really serious about infrastructure investment. Don't just stop in Asia. You have Eurasia just next door, good friends in South America and Africa who also need some funds for their infrastructure.

Please rename AIIB to World Infrastructure Investment Bank (or Global IIB) as soon as possible and extend the invite to South America and Africa. The change of the name will make the bank more inclusive.

Lastly, China should reward the UK, because they were the one who open up the floodgates. Before that, there were a lot of "wait and see" from other countries. London sounds like a good location for your European branch office and London can host the RMB clearing too.

Thank you.
It is said that in the China only designed 15 to 20 board seats, perhaps only 3 seats reserved for "outside" (i.e., the european countries) members, this will result seven European countries quarrel and struggle to enter the board of directors.
I think the only eligible members in Europe are UK and Germany.

It is said that in the China only designed 15 to 20 board seats, perhaps only 3 seats reserved for "outside" (i.e., the european countries) members, this will result seven European countries quarrel and struggle to enter the board of directors.

We will have to redesign everything.

Initially, it was only expected to rival to the ADB, but now it seems that many countries were getting fed up by the WB, so they wanna push our AIIB into a new WIIB, so we have to take the new consideration.

Yes, I think that is reported in the news.

UK should be given a seat. They were the one who opened the floodgates. Before that, everyone else was afraid of pissing off the Americans and adopting a "wait and see" position. As such, UK should be rewarded. This will show the world that China really means business and it's good to be China's friend.

Yes, I think that is reported in the news.

UK should be given a seat. They were the one who opened the floodgates. Before that, everyone else was afraid of pissing off the Americans and adopting a "wait and see" position. As such, UK should be rewarded. This will show the world that China really means business and it's good to be China's friend.

Yep, the initial goal for us to set up the AIIB is to fully unleash our production overcapacity by helping to build up the infrastructure for the developing nations in Asia.

For now, the goal remains unchanged, but the target has been expanded from Asia through the rest of the world.

Sigh, I can't post thread. I hope chinese members will address my own ignorance because I don't know jack about the banking.

1) What is the biggest benefit to China with all these countries joining?
2) What if the USA joined after holding out until the last minute, does that benefit China or not?
3) What if the USA doesn't join at all, what is the consequence of that to the Americans?

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom