What's new

AIB : When India Spoke to Pakistan

I didn't like the bracketing. Frankly, I don't aspire to that kind of star status, nor do I have this hidden urge to dominate others. That belongs to a particularly cheap and offensive south Asian mentality, and I don't want to be clubbed with that. Thanks, but no thanks.

I think what I wrote, was just making a distinction between trolls and non trolls. That a few guys here are trolls, and few guys are not trolls. As examples of the non trolls I mentioned you and levina. Unless you think yourself that you're a troll, I think what I wrote should be fine. Unless I'm missing something here..

I think what I wrote, was just making a distinction between trolls and non trolls. That a few guys here are trolls, and few guys are not trolls. As examples of the non trolls I mentioned you and levina. Unless you think yourself that you're a troll, I think what I wrote should be fine. Unless I'm missing something here..

Can we compromise and agree that I am a troll? A stealth troll, perhaps? Certainly not the classy kind of member that all of you should admire.:D

Can we compromise and agree that I am a troll? A stealth troll, perhaps? Certainly not the classy kind of member that all of you should admire.:D
LOL

Whatever runs your engine Joe, I honestly don't know you well enough to make that determination for you, whether you're a non troll or a stealth troll.. :p:

LOL

Whatever runs your engine Joe, I honestly don't know you well enough to make that determination for you, whether you're a non troll or a stealth troll.. :p:

I'm just being an arsehole. You can only bracket me with arseholes.

Happy Diwali.

I'm not the least bit surprised at the video. My own personal experiences are quite similar to this. I know a lot of Pakistanis personally. Guys and girls. As friends. Am distantly related to some. My grandparents are all from Lahore. My father was born in Pakistan. Every Pakistani I know personally, is very warm, friendly, fun to be with, affectionate, courteous, polite. :-)

On the other hand, if I go to any online forum like this one, people are so diametrically opposite online from the ones I know in real life. I guess its more the anonymous nature of interaction which brings out the meanness in people which they don't show in real life interactions. But it's all fun. I get very amused at the contrast between real life interaction and online anonymous interaction with Pakistanis. It really never gets old. :p:

Donot misinterpret my words .But I can see Indians from border states of India especially NW India is really unnecessarily hyphenating India with Pakistan ,perhaps they still have that age old connections that is playing as some kind of obsession .
We Indians from South dont have that issue , we wont give more importance to that neighbour .

On topic :Good video

Donot misinterpret my words .But I can see Indians from border states of India especially NW India is really unnecessarily hyphenating India with Pakistan ,perhaps they still have that age old connections that is playing as some kind of obsession .
We Indians from South dont have that issue , we wont give more importance to that neighbour .

On topic :Good video

Your words are very clear, so no misinterpretation possible, don't worry on that count. No one is hyphenating anything. In spite of all the jingoism, neither country is going anywhere so that's a reality people will come to terms with, the sooner the better.

I went to school with Indians, several of them were close friends. I work with Indians too, I have never encountered any problem at all, it's true that outside of the sub-continent, both Pakistanis and Indians tend to stick together, unless you are really narrow minded.

In school, the Indians had our back and Pakistanis had their's. The word "****" was thrown out by racists towards both sides, and was dealt jointly by both sides together. The issues of in the sub-continent are real and there is no escaping from them, but that does not mean we forget our humanity, on the contrary, I respect people who can rise above petty jingoism and give precedence to the bonds of humanity.

Which is why I have tended to avoid the recent Pak vs India threads on this forum, because frankly I am disgusted by members from both nations who are so driven by blood lust that they cheer the deaths of their neighbours. I don't know if any one remembers or not, but when I first came on this forum I envisioned some sort of a South Asian union like E.U. Technicalities aside, I still hope for some sort of normality of ties that allows more people to people contact.

I am of Kashmiri origin, plus lost family in partition. Yet I can still forgive those ignorant one's who were seduced by violence and committed atrocities against my family in the hope that those on the other sides can reach the same conclusion.

I went to school with Indians, several of them were close friends. I work with Indians too, I have never encountered any problem at all, it's true that outside of the sub-continent, both Pakistanis and Indians tend to stick together, unless you are really narrow minded.

In school, the Indians had our back and Pakistanis had their's. The word "****" was thrown out by racists towards both sides, and was dealt jointly by both sides together. The issues of in the sub-continent are real and there is no escaping from them, but that does not mean we forget our humanity, on the contrary, I respect people who can rise above petty jingoism and give precedence to the bonds of humanity.

Which is why I have tended to avoid the recent Pak vs India threads on this forum, because frankly I am disgusted by members from both nations who are so driven by blood lust that they cheer the deaths of their neighbours. I don't know if any one remembers or not, but when I first came on this forum I envisioned some sort of a South Asian union like E.U. Technicalities aside, I still hope for some sort of normality of ties that allows more people to people contact.

I am of Kashmiri origin, plus lost family in partition. Yet I can still forgive those ignorant one's who were seduced by violence and committed atrocities against my family in the hope that those on the other sides can reach the same conclusion.

Well said my friend ....

Remove the politicians and media filters....and you get real people-people truth....and its not bad overall...and quite good because as Charlie Chaplin said "only the unloved can hate"....and after all who loves politicians and the media?

Last edited:
We are in that space and time that everything is right for something wrong to evolve. Our present is balanced over a shrinking world and an unresolved past. The future will know us from history books. Let's not be linked as the generation that evolved communication but failed to communicate. Pause before you... #DearNeighbour

And this deserved a positive rating ???!!!

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom