What's new

AH-1Z Viper, 1000 Hellfire II Missiles approved for sale to Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Delivery will start by 2017 and might end in 2018.
Good luck!

I heard that Cobra deal is only a dramabaazi. Helicopters nahi milnay lagay. PA is already using MI-35 in North Waziristan. We have received two older version built in 97 and one newer version built in 2013. One hind is still in Russia and will join the PA soon. Agay Allah janta hai Kay iss mein kitnee sachaee hai.

We are using MI 17 in North west area of conflict.We have few old version which were captured during Afghan Soviet war.Those are useless due to shortage of spares.An order has already been placed for atleast 4 Mi 35 with Russia and it might go up to 12.
However Viper A1Z1 is already on order around 15 which will Insha Allah joining PAA in 2017 and 2018.

Lockheed Martin awarded $14M contract for Pakistan AH-1Z Target Sight System work
18 Jan, 2016,

Lockheed Martin Corp., Missiles and Fire Control, Orlando, Florida, is being awarded a $14,221,556 cost-plus-fixed-fee undefinitized contract action for the procurement of non-recurring engineering requirements on the Target Sight System (TSS), including software development and testing, system modification, testing, and installation requirements necessary to configure the TSS to the requirements of the government of Pakistan. The TSS provides target identification and tracking, passive targeting for integrated weapons, including Hellfire missiles, and a laser-designation capability supporting friendly laser-guided weapons. The TSS is integrated into the AH-1Z Cobra attack helicopters. Work will be performed in Orlando, Florida (94 percent); and Ocala, Florida (6 percent). The work is expected to be complete by December 2017. Fiscal 2016 foreign military sales funding in the amount of $3,555,389 will be obligated at time of award. Contract funds will not expire at the end of the current fiscal year. This contract is being negotiated on a sole-source basis in accordance with statutory authority 10 U.S. Code 2304(c)(4) as implemented by Federal Acquisition Regulation 6.302-4. The Naval Surface Warfare Center, Crane, Indiana, is the contracting activity (N00164-16-C-JQ11).

HeliHub Lockheed Martin awarded $14M contract for Pakistan AH-1Z Target Sight System work

wat it means exactly?
Pakistan being the launch export customer of the AH-1Z basically got a whole bunch of other countries (e.g. Australia) interested in the platform. Bell expects the sales to start flowing now, big time.

Pakistan being the launch export customer of the AH-1Z basically got a whole bunch of other countries (e.g. Australia) interested in the platform. Bell expects the sales to start flowing now, big time.
is pakistan expecting commission then?

is pakistan expecting commission then?
I doubt it, but if it requests more AH-1Zs (likely), Bell better be there to drive the order home in Congress.

I doubt it, but if it requests more AH-1Zs (likely), Bell better be there to drive the order home in Congress.
i was being rhetorical. why else do you think the turks were desperate to sell the t129 to Pakistan. heck if they like it, and pakistan using the kit like this often then its gonna be good so it is seen as a catalyst for future orders. i think the zulu's are competing for a order in Poland and Australia as the tigers are being scrapped as they were not even used once.

uncle sam isn't stupid i bet they saw this coming. and they had to act fast as the mil-35 was being sold then.

it is quite interesting to see the usa refuse to sell kit to them, but when other countries step in to fill the void uncle sam just pushes through and nabs the deal.

i was being rhetorical. why else do you think the turks were desperate to sell the t129 to Pakistan. heck if they like it, and pakistan using the kit like this often then its gonna be good so it is seen as a catalyst for future orders. i think the zulu's are competing for a order in Poland and Australia as the tigers are being scrapped as they were not even used once.

uncle sam isn't stupid i bet they saw this coming. and they had to act fast as the mil-35 was being sold then.

it is quite interesting to see the usa refuse to sell kit to them, but when other countries step in to fill the void uncle sam just pushes through and nabs the deal.
I think America's intentions are multi-layered. There was definitely a commercial aspect to releasing the AH-1Zs: Pakistan is locked in COIN and is expected to use the AH-1Zs as soon as they're cleared for combat. Australia, Poland and others are definitely keeping an eye on Pakistan. That said, there is another dimension to the U.S.' decision to release the AH-1Zs, which is the fact that equipment transfers such as this help it maintain influence in Pakistan's policy circles. It is the same story as the F-16s (and OHPs had Congress not botched it).

The Australian and Polish orders notwithstanding, Bell is probably expecting Pakistan to order at least a few additional AH-1Zs. While I do think the PAA will eventually buy Z-10s from China, it probably won't happen until it is outfitted with more powerful turboshafts. Until then, the AH-1Z will gradually and incrementally form the mainstay of the dedicated attack helicopter fleet.

I think America's intentions are multi-layered. There was definitely a commercial aspect to releasing the AH-1Zs: Pakistan is locked in COIN and is expected to use the AH-1Zs as soon as they're cleared for combat. Australia, Poland and others are definitely keeping an eye on Pakistan. That said, there is another dimension to the U.S.' decision to release the AH-1Zs, which is the fact that equipment transfers such as this help it maintain influence in Pakistan's policy circles. It is the same story as the F-16s (and OHPs had Congress not botched it).

The Australian and Polish orders notwithstanding, Bell is probably expecting Pakistan to order at least a few additional AH-1Zs. While I do think the PAA will eventually buy Z-10s from China, it probably won't happen until it is outfitted with more powerful turboshafts. Until then, the AH-1Z will gradually and incrementally form the mainstay of the dedicated attack helicopter fleet.
well the major offense is nearly over rearding coin, 15 zulus have been ordered by paa and it is a small number so i would expect them to order more, so i would expect this to be more of a trail batch as you did not may more for them as it was subsidised soit not much of a loss. also note that the lower spec supercobrashave the exact same air frame so they can be butchered for parts to upkeet te zulus. also you have ordered 32 ge engines so you have 2 spare engines there.
the ohp's are gone and history, live with it buddy.

as for china the wz-16 engine will replace the wz-9 and will buy them more inbulk. its a mater of time when the h175's come in

At anyone time there is no more than 10 to 12 Cobras on the frontline due to condition of the air craft and air frame

Getting 15 vipers means having high number of them ready to go on short notice

Ideally more the better but we are talking more $$$

T129 is a high end engineered product again $$$

Z-10 is only option for high number of attack helos

There's room for it to mature and we should build like a PAC version of it in Multan

Having JF-17 and Z-10 programme in Pakistan would be good for our industry

We should have invested in this rotary wing sector years ago

At anyone time there is no more than 10 to 12 Cobras on the frontline due to condition of the air craft and air frame

Getting 15 vipers means having high number of them ready to go on short notice

Ideally more the better but we are talking more $$$

T129 is a high end engineered product again $$$

Z-10 is only option for high number of attack helos

There's room for it to mature and we should build like a PAC version of it in Multan

Having JF-17 and Z-10 programme in Pakistan would be good for our industry

We should have invested in this rotary wing sector years ago
I agree. The numerical edge can only be had through the Z-10, but I do think we'll see a few additional AH-1Zs. Production has just started and Bell is anticipating additional export orders from other buyers. If there's a time to buy AH-1Zs in incremental batches (e.g. 5 here, 5 there, 5 somewhere, etc).

Is this deal canceled? Its been a while since we heard any news.
No, its not cancelled. It takes a few years for manufacturing and delivery, not to mention training to take place.

Like @viper0011 said, delivery should start next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom